I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Joseph J. Barna, August 17, 1954 - April 16, 2024

 


Joseph J. Barna
August 17, 1954 - April 16, 2024

Joseph J. Barna, 69, a resident of Wilkes Barre Township, passed away on Tuesday evening, April 16, 2024, at Allied Services Hospice Center, Wilkes Barre, following a brief illness.

His loving wife is Deborah Kolojejchick Barna. Together, Joseph and Deborah shared 45 years of marriage.

Born on August 17, 1954, Joseph was one of three children born to Joseph Barna and the late Eleanore Wasielowski Barna.

Raised in Freeland, Joe was a graduate of Freeland High School.

Prior to his retirement, Joe was employed as a letter carrier for the United States Postal Service. After retiring, he went on to work part-time at the Toyota Sportsplex, Wilkes Barre, for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.

An avid Hockey fan, Joe was a 25-year Season Ticket Holder for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins AHL Hockey Team.

In addition to his mother, Eleanore, Joe was preceded in death by sister, Barbara Barna Gavinski; his nephew, John Dushanko; and his great-nephew, Craig Harger.

Left to cherish his memory are his wife, Deborah; his two sons, Joseph B. Barna, Wilkes Barre Township; and James J. Barna and his wife, Danielle, Wilkes Barre Township; his twin granddaughters, Liliana and Gianna; his sister, Debra Ryan, Freeland; his sister-in-law, Barbara Dushanko and her husband, John, Swoyersville; and his many nieces and nephews, especially Renae Dushanko and great-nieces, Cortney, Caitlin and Carly Dushanko.

A private celebration of Joe’s life will be held at the discretion of the family.

Funeral Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of the Wroblewski Funeral Home, Inc., 1442 Wyoming Avenue, Forty Fort.

To share a memory of Joe or message of condolence with his family, you may visit the funeral home website, www.wroblewskifuneralhome.com, or Facebook page.

Memorial donations may be made in Joe’s memory to the Allied Services Hospice Center, 200 South Meade Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702; the Medical Oncology Associates Prescription Assistance Fund, 382 Pierce Street, Kingston, PA 18704; Saint Maria Goretti Parish, 42 Redwood Drive, Laflin, PA 18702; or to a charity of the donor’s choice.

28 comments:

  1. Sending love and healing wishes your way, Debbie. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ’Dear Debbie,
    This is a beautiful tribute. My love and prayers are with you and your family.
    God blessings always.๐ŸŒน
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tribute that captures his life on earth. Such a loss for your family. Sending love, sympathy and strength to all of you and your family members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, so sorry for your loss. I have been thinking of you and your family. This seems to have happened so quickly and hope it means that Joe didn't suffer. I can't express how badly I feel for you but know that you can make it through with the love of your family..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, What a beautiful obituary ! I am so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers. May your happy memories bring you comfort...May Joe rest in peace, rise in glory, and his memory be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. May loving memories bring you peace. God's loving strength surround you all.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri,
      Thanks once again for stopping by and for you kind words..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. A lovely tribute for Joe. He will live on in the hearts of you and your family forever. Love and hugs for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for your visit and for your prayers... It has been gratefully appreciated....
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  8. Dear Debbie and Your family, please accept my heartfelt deepest sympathy during this difficult time. I will always keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers…๐Ÿ’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit and for your continued prayers and kind words ... It has been gratefully appreciated....
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  9. So so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. You and Joe had a great life together and you can cherish those memories forever. Peace in Christ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers and encouraging words... It has been gratefully appreciated....
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss Debbie. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Debbie, I would like to add my deepest condolences to you and your family. God bless you all. xox, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thanks so always stopping by and for your support through all these years... I gratefully appreciate it ...I will be back to posting soon....It helps me and keeps me busy...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  12. I am so sorry, Debbie. I came over to see if you posted an update on Joe's condition but this was not what I hoped to see. Sending you and your family peace and love as you navigate this difficult time ~ Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss, Debbie. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so so sorry. Thank you for updating me on my blog. I don’t see updates from Blogger blogs and need to figure out a better way to do so. I am praying for your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your continued prayers... It means a lot to us..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. So sorry, May God touch you with his peace and comfort at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Deb - I'm so sorry! Sending extra love and comfort your way, and I'll be thinking of you while you take this time off. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only found your blog a few weeks ago. I am so sorry for your loss. May memories of happy times spent with Joe give you strength. And your beautiful granddaughters will bring you joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words in regards to Joe's passing...I gratefully appreciate it..
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  19. Debbie, I am so very sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May you know God’s peace and comfort over you. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, I was away visiting my son when Joe passed and I'm so sorry for your loss. You wrote a beautiful tribute and I am praying that God comforts you. Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...