I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Update on Joe, the Twins and Easter, Saturday Snippets.....

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared that my husband, Joe, was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer which has spread to the liver.....


Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
First, I want to Thank Cecilia, over at My Thrift Store Addiction,for choosing my post, Easter Dining Room Hutch, as one of her features from last week's Vintage Charm Link Party!!
 
 
 
 Thanks so much, Cecilia!!!


I also want to Thank Taryn, over at Cooks and Crumbs, for choosing my post, Pink Dining Room Easter Tree and More, as one of her features from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop!!
 
 
 
 
 
 Thanks again, Taryn!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!!
 
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

In my last post, I mentioned that we finally got the answers as to why Joe was sick and becoming more debilitated each day..

We want to THANK everyone at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center for the exceptional care that Joe received there. 
 
We used the "On My Way" site before arriving at the ED so they had all his information and already knew what the problem was and had his chart open before we arrived. 
 
He was immediately triaged, had blood work and an EKG done shortly after arrival.
 
 Within a half hour, we met with an ED Dr. who had the reports of his bld. work, which was a mess, and scheduled hospital admission.
 
 While waiting for a hospital bed, he got a bed in an ED room, had a chest Xray, more bld. work and a Cat of the Abdomen and IV fluids and an antibiotic started.
 
 A half hour later, the ED Dr. told us the tentative diagnosis so within 5 hours, we knew what the issue was..
 
His Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner saw him the ED, Oncology, Nephrology and Pt and OT consults were ordered and Pharmacy and Care Management were in to see him before he even left the ED. 
 
During his 3 day admission, they kept us well informed and everything moved along quickly and with ease....

He had a paracentesis in Interventional Radiology to remove the huge amount of fluid that had accumulated in his abdomen, along with a biopsy of the Liver...
 
 Everyone was very kind and professional and I highly recommend Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center to anyone in our area.....

It is 10 minutes up the road from us and is owned by the Health Care System where I worked as a nurse for 41 years....

Joe is stronger than what he was when I first took him to the ED, thank goodness!!

I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance but he refused....

We are awaiting the pathology and cytology reports to come back and will meet with the Oncologist when they do....

We do know it is staged as Stage 4 because of the spread to the Liver and we will just have to wait to see if there is a suggested treatment or are we looking at palliative care....

I have placed it in God's Hands like I did when I was diagnosed with cancer 17 years ago....

I am a firm Believer ever since then that.....


And with that being said, we are trying to find JOY in Life despite all of this.....

Some one mentioned how cruel is was that this happened shortly after our Twin Granddaughters were born.....

We do not feel it is cruel but that this is exactly how it was meant to be.....

After 5 years of trying, these Babies were our first miracle.....


And it will be these beautiful babies that will help our family to get through this no matter what the outcome will be and they will bring us Joy and Happiness so they came into our lives exactly at the right time......

They had a cold for Easter so our DIL Danielle stayed home with them but she still dressed them in their first Easter outfits!!!!






Our son Jim came over for Easter dinner and brought the pups.....


So it was just the 4 of us with the pups......

I sent Easter dinner home with Jim for Danielle along with the Twin's Easter gifts....

Boscov's had an amazing Winter Clearance sale so Mimi took advantage of it to buy larger sizes for the Twins in the way of clothes for next Winter.....

I even bought Winter coats for them!!!

Danielle sent me these pics later that evening, thanking Mimi and G Pop for their Easter gifts!!!




 
To welcome Joe home from the hospital, Danielle sent these pics....
 

 
 




They bring a big smile to all our faces, especially to Joe's ......

Like I said....

These babies and the pups will be what will help our family get through this difficult time....


THANK YOU for all your prayers and well wishes!!

We all gratefully appreciate them!!!!

Since Joe is now home and I am not running back and forth to the hospital, I do hope to maybe get a post done on TUESDAY as I did promise you a Tour of my dear friend Anne Marie's home decorated for Spring/Easter!!!

After that, who knows?


But I hope you will stop by to visit again on TUESDAY!!!!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 





26 comments:

  1. Thank you Debbie for this uplifting post! You have the best outlook on living the best life in any situation! Blessings and prayers to Joe, you, and the rest of your family! Your grandbabies are so adorable and getting bigger and cuter each and everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right about the twins. They are miracle girls in their arrival and in their "job" in this life, which is to help get you all through whatever the next months bring. I'm so sorry you have to walk this journey but one positive is that you have survived the cancer yourself so you know it can be done. Every situation is different, of course, but you have the right attitude of seeing hope and joy. I'm just glad the hospital is near and that you have the medical background to understand and communicate intelligently with the docs. That makes a huge difference, I think, both in understanding and in their perception of you. You've got this, Debbie. Just hang in there. (And I hope that it goes without saying that prayers for Joe's healing and treatment and strength are continually coming your way, as well as for you and your family.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is easy to say … but for me, this is constant and true….Joe and you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers… please know that. The littles are growing so quickly, they are simply beautiful. Thank you for the update.
    You all take good care and God bless.V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.
      Thanks again for visiting!! And thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Hi Debbie. It's nice you were able to update and of course include photos of the babes. It seems they've changed every time you post. I'm glad Joe is able to be home and will keep praying for wisdom, answers, and peace for you all. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      Once again, thank you for taking the time to visit and for your prayers...It means the world to us...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Hi Debbie. I think I was projecting my feelings about my friend on your family's situation. I think you are right - the blessing of these babies was perfect timing and proof that miracles can happen. You are in my thoughts often and I am praying for Joe, his doctors and his family for strength and answers for all of you.
    Could those little girls be any cuter! Oh my gosh. Your hearts must all be so full!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, we are sending you guys all our prayers! So glad Joe is back home and can rest comfortably with family. My thoughts are with all of you during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words and prayers,,...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Those babies are just darling, Debbie. It's easy to see why they make you all smile. I'm glad that Joe is home, I will continue to send prayers your way my friend. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiring post. You have a beautiful way to look at all that has come at you with faith and the recognition that God has sent you blessings during troubled times.

    Peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a really wonderful hospital!! It sounds like you have a great attitude about everything that is happening and I am so glad you have those adorable babies to hug ang cuddle! I will be thinking of you and your family in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending prayers and good thoughts....and will continue to pray for you all. Those adorable babies are a blessing !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those girls are so cute! I had missed the other post, wishing Joe (and all the family) the best and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. May you all find peace and joy in these times, I agree with you, what will be, will be. My prayers are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear this Deb - I'll be joining everyone in sending you love and patience. Hope you can get some down time to just relax every once in a while, too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you all. Your strength and positive attitude will go a long way holding the family together during these tough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for your visit and for your prayers... It has been gratefully appreciated....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. Debbie, you and the family and your husband are all in our prayers and we wish you all well.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at SSPS 305. See you again next week at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Continued prayers. God is good, even when it looks like it's awful to others. Those who know Him and love Him know HE will withhold no good thing! He will definitely be your strength and refuge during this season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about Joe's diagnosis, I am sending prayers to you and your family. Those babies and dogs always help in getting through difficult times. Their facial expressions are so precious, I cannot believe how much they have grown! Anne Marie's home looks stunning for Easter. You remember to take care of yourself too, they all need you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a huge shock for your family. I am near that medical center and have heard good things about them. I'll be praying you can get some answers. My parents' neighbor was also recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I was not able to comment on your blog so I am doing so here... Thanks so much for your visit and for your prayers... It has been gratefully appreciated....Joe passed away peacefully and comfortably in a Hospice Unit on April 16th...We live in Wilkes Barre and I worked for the Geisinger Health System as an RN for 41 years...
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  19. I enjoyed visiting your blog today. You are an encouragement to those who read your posts. The twins are so cute and you are blessed. Prayers for you and your family in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry,
      Thanks so much for your visit and for your prayers... It has been gratefully appreciated....Joe passed away peacefully and comfortably in a Hospice Unit on April 16th...
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  20. Debbie, Glad to hear that your Joe is getting such good care. Your positive outlook can only work in your favor. Enjoy your beautiful grandchildren. Hugs and Prayers ~ Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...