I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Americana Decor and Tree in the Den, 2022






 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
Today, I am going to be finishing up my Summer decor by sharing the Americana decor in the Den that has been up since April....
 
 
In my last post, I shared my Labor Day Front Porch .....




And a Garden Update....




 
Click HERE if you missed that post.....
 

I want to Thank Niki, over at Life as a Leo Wife,  for choosing my post,  Crafting, A Farmer's Market, New Buys and a Amazing Sunset,  as her feature from last week's You're the Star Linky party!!

 She liked my ruffled pumpkin....


Thanks so much, Niki!!

Please link up to this lovely party!

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Food of the Week
 
We passed on this week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service as nothing really appealed to us this week....

But I do have plenty of food to share from our Labor Day Family Celebration which we had on Sunday as our son and DIL, Jim and Danielle, were off on Monday.....

That meant they did not have to rush home on Sunday, even though they worked that day, to go to bed because they had to get up and go to work for 3 am on Monday morning...
 
I set a very simple Patriotic table....
 


 
In honor of our sweet Grand Pups, I used this vinyl tablecloth that Joe bought last year in Big Lot's....
 
 


Nothing fancy...paper plates and plastic utensils and cups!


 
You can see my "Under the Sea" Theme Tree in the Living Room....


This is what I served my family of 5....
 
The tools of the trade...my George Foreman Grill and my Nostalgic Hot Dog Griller....

 
Beef patties and hot dogs...

 
Potato salad from Price Chopper which I really like....maybe even better than the one I make....


 
Mac n Cheese which the kids love!


 
The only chili sauce that Joe will put on his hot dogs!!

 
Nice and thick with no tomato chunks!!


My DIL, Danielle, loves it too!!
 
Sweet Corn from the Amish Farmer that sets up a market at the convenience mart down the road from us every Friday....

 
Condiments and toppings....

 
Cheeseburgers grilled to perfection on the Georgie!

 
Hot dogs done nicely on the Griller....

 
And a Friendly's Ice Cream Cake for dessert as we are not big on baked goods ....

 
We would much rather this than any type of baked goods...


And of course, the show is always stolen by our Grand Pups Faye and Azumi!!!
 
 
Azumi!

 
Laying against her G Pop's legs!





 
Both Faye and Azumi waiting for their Dad outside the Powder Room!!



Faye

 
Uncle Joey and Faye....

 
Faye sleeping with her head on top of Jim's feet!!



 
Azumi loves her toys and went right for the ones that her Mimi has for the pups....



We enjoyed our time spent with our family on the Holiday!!!


The next day, which was Labor Day, I made more hot dogs and corn on the cob for Joe, Joey and myself....
 
I added cheese to Joey's hot dogs....
 
 

I also made the boneless chicken bites that I like to make but tried them with a different sauce other then the BBQ and Honey BBQ mixed sauce I usually make them with....

 
I used Honey Mustard Sauce!!


They were really good with this sauce too!!


We have had rain now since 10 PM on Sunday night....

Monday was a total wash out here....

I took this picture around 1 pm on Tuesday when the rain stopped and the Sun came out for a bit....


Close to 3.5 inches of rain....

Them around 4:30 pn, the heavens opened up again and we had steady rain until around 6pm, then light rain....

I took these pictures of my rain gauge last night, Tuesday, at 7 pm....

 
Yep!
 
You are seeing that right!!
 
4.75 inches of rain!!!


This morning, at 9 AM on Wednesday morning, this is how much rain we have now gotten since Sunday night at 10 pm when it started!!!!


 
Looks like about 5.25 inches to me since my rain gauge only goes to 5 inches!!!


Boy, be careful what you wish for!!

Mother Nature always corrects herself ....

I guess our Drought Watch is now over in NEPA!!!!


After I take down the Winter and Saint Patrick's Day decorations in the Den, I return the Den " back to normal"

It is decorated in a burgundy, blue and ivory color theme which fits right in with Americana style...

So since it was just Labor Day, I am sharing what my Den looks like normally during the Spring and Summer months and really for the Fall as I only add a few Fall things to it....

This is the corner to the left when you walk in from the Kitchen.....


One door is to the remaining part of the Storage Room the we kept when I had my Father turn this into another room from a enclosed patio...

I hung a wreath that I made on the Storage Room door....


One the other door, which is for the Pantry Closet that I had my Dad build for me, is my Cynthia Hart Victorian Calendar....


Fitting that it would have a Back to School theme for September....


This is the corner of the Den where I usually sit and watch TV while Joe is at work in the evening or watching Hockey games on the Living Room TV....


The Den is decorated more in an English Country theme.....





A burgundy and blue floral arrangement in a burgundy colored tin pocket.....


I tucked a tea stained flag into the arrangement....





Above the chair.....




An Americana Flower hanging on the back door....


The table by the door....





My Face Book friend, Angela, sent me this beautiful card and envelope that she made and embellished.....


 
I just had to display them!!
 





On the side of the table.....


Again, a flag tucked into a floral arrangement.....


Since I do have a lot of birds and nests displayed in this room, I left out this blue glass egg that Joe bought after Easter on Clearance at 90" off....


I added a set of fairy lights to the inside of it!!

My Home Interiors "Denim Kids" figurines....


On top of the Computer Armoire...




 
Again more birds and nests and eggs....




I added a flag and a Dollar Tree yard stake to the floral arrangement in the hanging basket.....



Next to the computer armoire.....



Burgundy roses in the crock in front of the table where my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest.....


 I had already shared Nelson Crest decorated for the Summer patriotic Holidays....


I will be decorating her for Halloween soon!

My China Cupboard.....


During the Spring til late October, the inside of the China Cupboard houses a lot of my red and blue transferware collection....


I also display some of it on the top of the china cupboard....





An Americana sign and flag ribbon on the bird cage....




On the side of the china cupboard.....


I bought this Sweetie at a church Flea Market several years ago and embellished her a bit....


The bear was part of my neighbor Elly's Bear Collection.....



I am briefly going to show the inside of the cupboard in this post because my next post on Sunday will be a continuation of my "What's in Your Hutch/Curio? Series where I will go into more detail as to what is currently in the china cupboard and how I decorate it at other times of the year.....



I do decorate the area underneath the cupboard using vintage suitcases....


Again, sticking to an Americana theme.....


I bought the "Beach" houses at Pier One many years ago....



Along with the bottle brush trees....the sign came from Gabes....





Last year, I decided to keep this Tree up after I had decorated it for Christmas, Winter and Saint Patrick's Day....



Again, flags tucked into a floral arrangement in a small crock placed inside a deep red colored truck.....


Keeping this Tree up will save me the time of hauling it up from our Storage Shed that we rent and setting it up when I decorate for Christmas....


 


 I made a bow and streamers from 3 different types of ribbon.....


 
I decorated it with a few Patriotic ornaments in the deeper red shade and tea cup and tea pot ornaments I had in a red and blue toile pattern....
 


 
I added cotton picks into the Tree for fillers and every time our Grand Pup Faye comes to visit, she politely removes them from the Tree and runs around the house with them!! 


LOL!
 
And of course, I tucked flags into the Tree on the sides....

 
Faye also made off with a flag when she was here staying with us a few days in August....wish I could have got a picture of that!!


I placed this Tree in a vintage blue speckled pot....


And that is how my Den was decorated for the past 5 months....

Now I do want to share that last year, Joe had picked up some signs on Clearance for 90% off at Big Lot's.....


And I added them to the decor in the Den at the end of last Summer....





And I really could not wait to decorate with them this past Spring....

BUT

I have no idea where the heck I put them!!

I took them down when I added some Fall signs last year and I think I might have mistakenly packed them away with the Fall decorations because I searched high and low and can not find them....

Hopefully, I will uncover them when I start to haul the Fall decor tubs down from the attic!!

LOL!!

I hope you will come back again on Sunday when I share in more detail what exactly is in this china cupboard....




Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic family feast enjoyed by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment yesterday and my computer was pretending it couldn't recognize me! Glad I checked back today!
    What a fun family time for Labor Day! Lots of good food and fun with the pups. My family is here all the time so we were glad to be home alone. I did some needed cleaning while husband worked on the yard. We got rain, but no where near as much as you! Love your Victorian Sitting Room. Maybe someday I will get my smallest bedroom cleared out and carve out a little space of my own, too. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is the crown with blue, red and white flowers: the colors of your flag!
    I, who really like to paint porcelain, was delighted with the dishes of the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patriotic decor looks lovely! Thanks for sharing on HIH & Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many pretty Americana-themed decorations. The red-white-&-blue colors are beautifully vibrant, and I like how you've arranged all the pieces for display.
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 33.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...