I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

More Fall/Halloween Crafting and Some New Buys!!





  

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT
 
I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
Shorter posts might be a bit easier for me to do so after this post, I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY

With the beginning of Fall, the HOLIDAY SEASON starts for me....
 
 
I consider the Holiday Season from September until after Easter as I decorate for all the Holidays and Seasons in between those months....

So I usually have a lot to share....

I have been told my posts are too long and some computers that are not updated have a hard time loading all the pictures...

So I will be doing shorter posts but 3 times a week instead of only 2...

I hope I can keep up with that schedule so we will see how it works out...
 
 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
Today, I will be sharing some crafts that I recently made and a few new Buys!!
 
 
In my last post, I shared part of my Living Room decorated in my "Elegant Autumn" theme for Fall.....

The Entry....



The stairs....


 
This corner.....


 
Including how I decorated my Lighted Branch Tree...


And the Hall way to the Powder Room and Kitchen!!


Click HERE if you missed that post.....
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Food of the Week
 
On Saturday, we got Pulled Pork sandwiches from one of the local Orthodox churches in the area.....

 
I liked that they did not put the meat on the buns but packaged them separately....

 
1/4 pound of meat....

 
Cole slaw.....

 
2 different types of sauces....


 
We were able to get 4 more sandwiches from all that meat.....

Well worth the price of only $8 per sandwich!!!
 
We have patronized their fantastic Food Sales that they hold before....


On Saturday, I wanted to use up 2 large zucchini's that I had ....

 
I made a double and a quarter batch of zucchini bread....

 
I cut them in half, packaged them and froze them to use for company and give as gifts for the upcoming Holiday Season....


 
Joe bought our tickets on Friday for our Christmas Tradition of seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra in Concert during the Christmas Season.....

 
We are Blessed to live just a mere 5 minutes away from the Arena where they will be performing.....

 
Some of the leaves in our area are starting to change colors!!

This is the tree across the Court from us......



By the end of October , it is usually a big ball of orange and reds....

My neighbor's bush is starting to turn also.....

 
And my light lavender asters are starting to bloom....



Fall is going to make a grand aapearnce this week with low temps. in the 40's and high's in the high 60's to 70!!!

We even have Frost predicted so the leaves on the trees will really start to change after that!!


The week before I started to decorate the Living Room for Fall, I did a bit more crafting....


I painted 2 Dollar tree packages of wood acorns.....


I saw a key ring with a few black keys on it in Big Lot's for Halloween.....
 
 
I thought I would make my own Halloween keys...


I painted keys  that I bought in the Dollar bins at Michael's a few years back, black....


I added a silver bow, silver glitter and a skull so instead of having skeleton keys , I have skull keys.....

The orange ribbon was already on these keys!!


I came across this picture on Pinterest....


Luckily, I had one of those cardboard egg containers that was needed to make these.....

This is my version of the egg container bats....


I painted them black, added silver glitter and used red gem stones for their eyes!!



I will be hanging these on my Halloween Tree in the Dining Room.....

I also finished painting an owl bought at Dollar Tree last year....

I will be using him in the Kitchen....


And I made another scare crow from a can.....


This one is made from a can of soup so it is small.....


He will also be used in the Kitchen....

I found these black cones in my stash.....


I have ideas for these but I need to unpack my Halloween decorations to find the things I am looking for.....

I will keep you posted...


I had Joe pick up this sweet Sitting Owl at Big Lot's for me....


He was only $6 and Joe had a $5 off $15 coupon!!



I went for a hair cut on Sunday and when leaving J.C. Penney's  ( where I go for my hair cuts) , I had to stop and look at the Halloween things they had on display in one of the aisles.....

And these caught my eye!!


Cute garland for my Halloween Tree in the Dining Room....


And I want a cauldron for my Dining Room Halloween Potion Buffet


I liked it as it is small and ceramic and not cheap looking like the plastic ones....


They were both over $20+ BUT on sale for 40% off...


I had a coupon for $10 off $25 and a $10 reward certificate....

Both for $11!!


When Joe saw the cauldron, he told me about black mugs that he saw in Big Lot's...

I immediately looked online and sure enough, I thought they would be perfect so I sent Joe down for 2....

 
I love the shape of this mug and they will work perfectly with the new cauldron!!!
 
Joe also picked up these on Clearance for 90% off and had a $5 off $15 coupon!!
 

A set of lights for $1.11....

 
And a birdhouse that I can add a flower to, over the broken butterfly wing....

 
The birdhouse was 90 cents....
 
And Guess What?
 
YES, he had a $5 off $15 coupon so they were Free!!
 
A few more Halloween things....

 
Joe bought 2 of these at Dollar Tree......
 
He took one to put out at the Concession Stand where he works....

 
 I will put this one in the Kitchen as a sensor sets it off saying "Treat or Treat, Smell my feet, Give me something good to eat"
 
He also got these in Target for me....

 
Instead of using canning jars to put my candy corn in for display, I will use these in the Kitchen Hutch....



They were $3 each!


I received an email last week from Ocean State Job Lot showing different Crazy Deals and this caught my eye!!

 
A set of 5 Indoor/Outdoor battery operated candles for $19.99
 
 
 
The Crazy Deal was buy one and get a Crazy Deal gift card for $15!!!

 
So basically, that took them down to $4.99 and I have $15 to spend on something at a later date...


They were even taxed on only $4.99!!
 
I will be using 2 of these in the Jack O Lanterns on the front porch....

I have been busy packing up, cleaning and decorating the Dining Room for Halloween .....

I hope to finish it today....

In my next post on THURSDAY,
I will be sharing my "Elegant Autumn" Tree in the Living Room and the Pumpkin Patch underneath it!!




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!  

 

5 comments:

  1. You HAVE been busy! That zucchini bread looks terrific. And I like those cute little witch hats you found. You had some wonderful buys -- I especially am in awe of the great deal on the flameless candles. I use those all the time, especially with Lizzie. That and being scattered enough that I don't want to leave a real flame unattended! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been busy---I love the tin can pumpkins, and I looked at those skull jars and thought ---so cool, but have promised myself not to buy anything until I go through my stash. I literally haven't seen some stuff since 2018 because of knee surgery and then covid. Hugs, and will love to see the tree close up! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe got some great finds. I loved your egg carton bats--so clever! I love Big Lots and Ocean Job Lots. I ALWAYS try to get a Crazy Deal--then I have an excuse to go back again to spend THAT card. Ours is one hour away--we turn it into a day trip going to several places (including a GW). I like a lot of their grocery items, too! We have a Big Lots in Augusta--10 min. away and I love their clearance after every holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    Thanks again for stopping by and letting me know that you did by leaving such a sweet comment!!
    Yes, we do love Big Lot's and Ocean State job Lot!! Their Crazy deals are always great...Right now I think we have about $75 in Crazy Deal gift cards!! Can't wait toil they get their Christmas things in....Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all your spooky Halloween crafts and decorations. So much fun!
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 35.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...