I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 22, 2022

"Elegant Autumn" Tree and Pumpkin Patch, 2022

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT 
 
I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY

With the beginning of Fall, the HOLIDAY SEASON starts for me....
 
 
I consider the Holiday Season from September until after Easter as I decorate for all the Holidays and Seasons in between those months....

So I usually have a lot to share....

So far, I have been able to keep this schedule with shorter posts even in the midst of Fall/Halloween decorating!!!!
 
 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Happy First Day of Fall!!!!
 

 Thank You, Lord!!!

This has truly been the Summer from Hell as it was our 4th HOTTEST Summer....

I was stuck in the house for most of it with the air conditioning blaring.....

Fall has always been my favorite Season ever since I was a kid.....
 
We just had thunderstorms and down pours roll through NEPA that are ushering a cold front in where our weather will be changing drastically...
 
 
 And like a switch was flipped, cooler temps.and beautiful Fall weather will be here starting tomorrow!!

Bring it on!!!

 
Today, I will be sharing my "Elegant Autumn" Tree in the Living Room and the Pumpkin Patch underneath it....
 
 
In my last post, I shared some Crafts that I recently made and a few new Buys!!





  

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post.....


Thanks to Tammy, over at My Life Abundant , for choosing my post, Early Fall Front Porch and Yard as her Editor's Choice Feature for Fall Ideas from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!!
 

 Thanks so much , Tammy!!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Food of the Week
 
This week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service.....
 

Joe got the Sweet Glazed Meatloaf with Mashed Yukon Potatoes & Oven Roasted Carrots
 
 
And I got the Shrimp Scampi with Linguine & Vegetable Medley
 
 
 
 We have had both before and they are really good.....
 
 I took pictures of probably one of the last Sunsets I will see from the front porch as the Sun is setting now almost on the side of our row of townhouses.....

    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
So pretty!!

For several years, I have decorated a Seasonal Tree in the Living Room for Fall....

Since I decorate the Living Room in what I call an "Elegant Autumn" theme for Fall, I also keep the same theme with the Tree....
 
 First, I will share a little of my process in decorating this Tree....
 
After, I stripped the Tree down , packing away my Late Summer "Under the Sea" decorations, I added a set of orange LED lights....
 
 
 
 Next I added a gold beaded garland and deco mesh rope in orange from Dollar Tree....
 
 
 
 
 
 For the topper, I use several different types of glitzy florals and a bow made from 3 different types of ribbon including a glitzy orange ribbon with a gold trim that I used for the streamers.....
 
 
 
 I use 3 Dollar Tree plaques that I embellished as ornaments....Grateful, Thankful and Blessed....
 
 
 
 Then I added all my Leaf ornaments including those that I bought in K Mart many years ago after Christmas and embellished....




 
 
 The other leaf ornaments were also bought after Christmas in various stores....
 

I also made some ornaments in past years....

These were all bought at Dollar Tree....


 
 I even made 2 cornucopias. sort of....
 
 
 
And here it is all finished....



I did tuck some flowers into the Tree but not as much as other years.....





 There are Owls from Dollar Tree on this Tree....
 

 Pumpkins....
 
 
 
 Scarecrows.....
 
 
 
 
 
 Other kinds of Owls....
 
 
 
 Gold , brown and copper ornaments...
 
 
 
 Birds and Bird Houses.....
 
 
 
 A Fox.....
 



 

 I have collected these ornaments for many years.......
 

If you want to keep a Seasonal Tree up year round, then think outside the box when looking at ornaments after Christmas that are on Clearance....
 
 
 
 This Tree stays here year round.....
 
 
 
 I also leave the platform that this Tree stands on up year round and decorate that too!!


This is this year's Pumpkin Patch!!!

 
I did change up a few things this year....
 
 
 
The left side....


I made the topiary in the corner last year from one I bought at Five Below....



I painted it using this kit that I had.....



I added a garland to it and put it out on the Front Porch last year.....


I can not even count the many times it blew off that table no matter how I anchored the darn thing down so I knew I was not going to play that game again this year.....

Hence, why it is now used in the house....


I moved the pumpkins, that I made out of toilet paper many years ago, over here to the platform and used my Glitz and Glam pumpkins over on the stairs this year....
 
 


 The squirrel is from Big Lot's....
 
Placed the velvet pumpkins that I embellished on top of inverted gold pots....


And placed the smaller velvet pumpkins in Dollar Tree leaf dishes!!!



A mallard duck, that belonged to my neighbor Elly, and a Dollar Tree Gather sign...........



In the center is my red truck and a few Fall Bearington Bears.....



The truck is filled with gourdes, pumpkins, acorns and Indian Corn......




Over on the right side......



Joe pulled this picture out of a dumpster when the furniture store that was hit by a tornado by us was going out of  business.....


I changed it into this using a sign from Dollar Tree.....


 Next to the platform is this Scarecrow that I bought at a church flea market and embellished.....
 
 
More velvet and toilet paper pumpkins.......

 
An acorn, that I forgot to light up, from Big Lot's......


The wood block signs were bought at Gabes....


 
I lit up the Pumpkin Patch with a string of battery operated Fairy Lights.....


 

So that is this year's "Elegant Autumn" Tree and the Pumpkin Patch underneath it!!!



What a change from how the Living Room looked in Late Summer......



 I will be sharing the rest of the Living Room decorated for Fall next TUESDAY...
 
But for my next post on SATURDAY, I will be heading over to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas,  for a Rudolph's Day post, even though it will be the 24th and not the 25th......


I will be sharing a few Christmas crafts that I recently worked on....





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY!! 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to welcome fall!! The tree looks great, so festive...and I can't wait for Saturday. I just love your Christmas posts! Happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your autumn tree is stunning. And I really love the rust treatment you used on the pumpkins. It makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really transform the whole room for fall! It looks like a different house! I still love those stacking pumpkins. I am starting to think of Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall tree looks fabulous! Can't wait to see your holiday decor!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing my mind in the best possible way over your autumn tree, Deb! You totally need to write a book about how you decorate trees because it does not matter what the season or time of year your trees are always amazing. The whole space just looks so warm and inviting. Can't wait to see more! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The autumn colors in your living room really make the whole room special for the fall season. I admire the lovely decorations that you've crafted by hand with autumn hues and shapes. What a labor of love!
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 35.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...