I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2022

What's in Your Hutch/ Curio?, Part 7 in the Series


 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT
 
I am going to start posting 3 times a week !!!
 
Shorter posts might be a bit easier for me to do so after this post, I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY

With the beginning of Fall, the HOLIDAY SEASON starts for me....
 
 
I consider the Holiday Season from September until after Easter as I decorate for all the Holidays and Seasons in between those months....

So I usually have a lot to share....

I have been told my posts are too long and some computers that are not updated have a hard time loading all the pictures...

So I will be doing shorter posts but 3 times a week instead of only 2...

I hope I can keep up with that schedule so we will see how it works out...
 
 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
In my last post, I shared my Early Fall Front Porch and Yard
 
 

 








 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post....

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Food of the Week
 
This week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service.....

Joey got the Chicken Parmesan with Penne Pasta & Tuscany Vegetables.... 
 
 

Joe and I both got the Seared Sea Scallops with Creamy Risotto & Grilled Seasonal Vegetables....


So good!!


Last week, I cleaned, polished furniture and replaced my Spring/Summer linens with my Fall/Winter tablecloths and runners....


I also cleaned and packed away all of my "normal" decor items for the Living Room.....







Now I am frequently asked what do I do with all of my "normal" decor when I decorate for the Holidays....
 
It is actually quite simple....

Over the years, I developed this plan to make it a lot easier for me as most of the things I pack away will not make an appearance again until after Christmas.....

I find it easiest to pack the items away in small boxes that I save and store down our storage shed....


I label the boxes by where the items usually are displayed ....


And then they are packed into the tubs that I took my Fall decorations out of....

When I haul these tubs back down from the attic when I am packing Fall away, I simply take these boxes back out of them and after I empty out my Christmas tubs of decorations, I will then put these boxes into my empty Christmas tubs until it is time to pack away the Christmas decorations...

For me, this saves a lot of time and makes it so much easier.....


On Tuesday and Wednesday, I got most of the Living Room decorated for Fall and will be decorating my Seasonal Tree and the area underneath it today....







I will be sharing the Living Room decorated for Fall starting on Saturday.....


The other day, after a few days of showers and clouds, this was the sky in the evening.....






 
Within a week or so, I will no longer be able to see the Sunset from the front of our house as the sun will not be making it around to the front....

We will not get any sun shining on the front of our house until early April.....
 
 
For many years, I was a Hostess at our Church's Harvest Tea...
 
 
Dorothy was Chairperson of the event for most of those years....
 
This was a woman who lived an amazing life.....
 
Director of Operations for Social Security, adopted 2 children, widowed at 50 years old, Mayor of the small town she lived in for 17 years, worked part time at Weight Watcher's well into her 80's,  a Founding member of not only our Parish but the Library in that small town and a tireless Volunteer and Supporter of our church, Saint Maria Goretti....

Dorothy was always my biggest Cheerleader whenever I ran an event at our church from the Flea Market, the Craft Fair, a Victorian Tea and the Specialty Basket Raffle....
 

I attended Dorothy's beautiful Funeral Service yesterday which was the first time I went to church in person as I have been watching mass online since the Pandemic started....
 
It figures that it was Dorothy who brought me back to church in person....
 
Her grand daughter, Bridget , who is now a wonderful young lady, gave her Eulogy.....

Dorothy was in her early 90's and in the process of planning this year's Harvest Tea....

I always admired her generosity, her energy and her Love for her family and our Parish....

She was an Inspiration to me and I will never forget her....

I am happy to say that my friend Anne Marie and I will be attending this year's Harvest Tea in October as guests....

Maybe next year, I will be a Hostess again.....

Dorothy would have wanted that...


Today, I want to finish up my Series, "What's in Your Hutch/Curio? with the last installment featuring the Hutch in the Living Room..... 

This is how it looked in the late Summer with the top of it decorated in my "Under the Sea" theme,,,,,,


First let me tell you about this Hutch...

The very first time I walked into Joe's paternal Grandmother's home, I knew I wanted this Hutch as soon as I saw it....

It was his Great Grandmother's and it really was not in good shape....


When Joe's Grandmother passed away, his family was going to throw it out until my MIL decided to asked me if I wanted it....

Well, of course I wanted it...

The finish was not good, the glass on the door was missing and knobs on the drawers were almost missing....

I re-stained it with a gel stain right in the place that it stands now....

I used stain markers on the fretwork


I measured for mirrors for the back of the Hutch and installed them along with new knobs for the drawers bought at Lowe's......

I liked it better without a door on so I never replace the glass in the door which was also broken.....


I also installed battery operated puck lights for lighting inside the Hutch....

I do not change over the things in this Hutch except for Christmas but I do change up the flowers and color of the candles....

Starting in the Spring, when decorating the Living Room for Easter, I use aqua accents inside the Hutch....


I display part of my Angel Collection in this Hutch.....

Top shelf....


Inside the hutch are 3 sets of white Angels that were purchased a long time ago at Sam's Club....


There is also vintage glassware......




The mica covered Angel in the center is part of a set of 3 that were gifted to me....


In the center, is a Depression Glass Iris Herringbone vase...




The gold glittered votive holders were a gift from my friend Anne Marie....



Middle shelf....


Long Champ Stemware on each side of this shelf....




2 Depression Glass Iris Herringbone tumblers


The crystal creamer and sugar set on a tray was Joe's maternal Grandmother's that my MIL gave to me....


There is 2 clear Iris Herringbone glasses on each side of the sugar and creamer set...



Bottom shelf....



The gold mercury glass votive holders were also gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie....



A clear Depression Glass Iris Herringbone pitcher and 2 more tumblers...


The other 2 mica covered Angels....


The 3rd gold glittered candle holder placed on top of a Depression Glass Iris Herringbone dish....





The items stay in this Hutch pretty much all year except for Christmas....


This is how it looks last Christmas........



Vintage Carolers displayed on top...


And I have displayed my Praying Santa Collection inside the Hutch....


This collection started when I used to order personalized Christmas cards to send out......


One year, I ordered the Praying Santa card......

On the top shelf is a gold church with the front of the card, cut to fit in front of the church......


Santa has parked his sled outside and is entering the church.......


The sets of white Angels were left in the Hutch.....


On the middle shelf, is a book that I bought at The Catholic Guild Store when my sons were young.....

The Title is "Santa and the Christ Child"


In front of the book is a figurine of the Praying Santa.......



On the bottom shelf is the inside of the card which I framed.....


Along with another figurine and a small photo frame of the Praying Santa


I left the gold glittered candle holders and gold mercury glass bottles inside the Hutch.....



For Valentine's/Winter, I bring back all the things that are always displayed in the Hutch but change the accent color to red...


Top of the Hutch.....


 A Valentine's Angel in the center......


Inside the Hutch....


 
 



 I added red rose ornaments and red candles.....



And for Easter......

 
The inside looks like this all Spring/Summer....


The top of the Hutch....


 

 Not much different for the Summer Patriotic Holidays.....

 
Just a simple sign from Dollar Tree hung on it.....


 
 And now, the Hutch is decorated for Fall......


 
The top of the Hutch....

 
 I added copper and orange colored accents to the inside .....




And that completes my Series, What's in Your Hutch/Curio?

If you would care to see the other Posts in this Series.......

In Part 1, I shared my Moss Rose Collection in the Dining Room Hutch.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE to see this post....

In Part 2, I shared  the larger Curio in the Dining Room.....

 


 

 

 


 
 Click HERE to see this post if you missed it....


In Part 3, I shared the smaller Curio in the Dining Room....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click HERE if you missed that post....


In Part 4, I shared the Curio in the Living Room....






 
 Click HERE if you missed this post!!

 
In Part 5, I shared the corner Curio in the upstairs Sitting Room....


   

 


 


 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post....


In Part 6, I shared the China Cupboard in the Den....
 

 
 





 Click HERE if you missed it!

I hope you enjoyed this Series where I shared a lot of my most treasured things with you....

And I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY when I share the entryway in the Living Room, decorated in an Elegant Autumn theme!!








Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I am so very sorry to hear about your friend Miss Dorothy.
    She sounds like she was quite a lady and certainly will be missed by
    those that knew and loved her.
    Everything is looking fabulous at your house. You sure don’t fool around.
    You are the busy-est little bee I have ever seen! I love it all.
    Thanks again for sharing. I personally enjoy every time!
    Blessings to you 💜
    Minnie



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      Thanks so very much for your kind words!! I really appreciate it!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by ...
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Your organizing system is great. I find shorter posts load quicker for most people and are easier to load. I also use a lot of collage images so I can share several images of the same sort. Good luck with your 3 times a week postings. I'm sure you will miss your friend Dorothy, and so glad you went to her service in church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Dorothy. She sounds like a wonderful woman who made an impact. Your home is fall from inside to out, up to down. Looking absolutely beautiful, and so festive! I'm still catching up with people but hope to keep up from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are giving me all the warm fall feelings with this post, Deb! Maybe I need to put out some pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dinners look so yummy! What a great opportunity for meals. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. She seems like quite a woman! All of her accomplishments; she was a very special person and I know she will be sadly missed. I am looking forward to seeing you and Ann Marie at the tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about the loss of your friend, Deb. She sounds like an amazing lady and such a beautiful legacy to leave behind. Your hutches and cabinets always look so warm and inviting no matter what the season. I love to see how you decorate them for everyday and the holidays. They're fabulous! Hugs for a happy weekend, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many lovely angels in your hutch. The fall decorations on our front porch look so warm and cheerful to greet visiting family and friends during the autumn season.
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 34.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...