I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

What's in Your Hutch/Curio? Part 5 in Series


  

 


 


 

  

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
Today, I will be sharing another installment in my Series of "What's in Your Hutch/ Curio? along with a lot of personal notes about the happenings this week with the Barna's!!!
 
 
In my last post, I shared the Curio in the Living Room....






 
 Click HERE if you missed this post!!

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Food of the Week
 
This week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service.....


Sweet glazed Beef Meatloaf w/ Yukon mashed potatoes & honey glazed carrotsfor Joe

 
Look at how thick that piece of meatloaf is!!!

 Jumbo crab cake w/ Cajun remoulade sauce W/ oven roasted sweet potatoes & grilled veggies for me!

 

We have had both of these before and they are so good!!
 
Joey passed on the dinners this week as he does not eat any of the above and did not like the pork dinner that was also offered....

 We celebrated Joe's 68th Birthday on Sunday with our kids and grand pups.....

We did our traditional Pizza party....

Pizza from Norm's, a local eatery....

Sicilian with half onions and half without
 
 
 
 And with a bacon topping along with half onions and half without....

 
 
 We don't do a baked Birthday cake anymore as we are not really baked goods eaters ....

We now do Ice Cream cakes and this one was from Carvelle!!
 
 
 
 We like the ice cream cakes so much better!

Didn't get any pictures of our sweet Azumi but did get some of Faye and Joey and Jim...
 

 
Faye is definitely her Daddy's girl!!

 
Don't you love that look on Jim's face!!!


And Faye and Uncle Joey!!!
 
 





I do have to point out both my sons hair, or lack there of, compared to their Father who is hanging on to his luscious locks ( as Joey calls Joe's hair)  for dear life, trying to relive his glory days when it was down to his shoulders!!!


Sons are definitely not like Father!!

LOL!


Now here is a site that you do not see every day!!!!


This massive crane was brought in on four tractor trailers, trapping Joe in our development for 20 minutes much to his dismay, the other day to do work on the V A Hospital at the top of our hill and entrance into where we live!!


 
Over 8 stories tall!!



 
It was quite the sight to see!!


 It was dismantled and gone the next day!!!
 
 
 This is my new lap top that my son Joey bought me a while ago.....
 

If works so well with the lap top lap desk that I bought several years ago for my other lap top as I only use my phone for making a phone call and prefer to use my lap top for internet access...


 
When looking at Five Below's web site, this caught my eye!!
 
 
 
 So I sent Joe to get it as the store is in the shopping center right next to our development!!
 
 And look how nice it fits on the lap top lap desk!!!!


 
So I discovered that when I am reading, I can use this set up, especially with my legs up on an ottoman........

 
To make it easier to read a book....

 
And better yet, to read a magazine!!!!


 For a mere $5!!!
 
Who knew????


In my last post, I mentioned that my dear friend Anne Marie was finally able to visit on Saturday....

We had to cancel quite a few times before...

Anne Marie's Birthday was in July and since I consider her the "Queen of Halloween" because of the amazing job she does when decorating her beautiful home for Halloween, I gifted her these items!!

 
I saw this Skull and Rose mirror on Big Lot's web site so I sent Joe to go and get it for me to gift to Anne Marie since I thought it was unique!
 

 

 

I liked it so much that I have to send him back to get me one for my Powder Room which I think it will look perfect in from Halloween!!
 
I also decided to craft 2 Potion Bottles to gift to her....



I made them out of A 1 Steak Sauce bottles!!



And used graphics that I had left over after I made my Potion Bottles for Halloween.....

Anne Marie also brought me some beautiful gifts....

Love this screen!!

 
And apple dishes!!


 
And here is where I put them!!
 
 
 
 The screen is perfect hanging in the middle of the Hutch.....
 




And I used 2 of the apple dishes here on the desk.....
 
 
 
 
 

And I used the 2 larger ones for my Creamers and Sweetener packs over in the Beverage area.....







Perfect in my Kitchen with my new Apples and Sunflowers theme for Late Summer and Early Fall!!!
 
Does she know me well or what?????

Thanks so much, Anne Marie!!
 
Love you!!
 
 
 Not long ago, I shared pictures of my neighbor Khalid's Bunnies that are pets for his 2 children.....



 My neighbor Khalid's Father passed away so Khalid had to leave for Jordan so he could be there as Muslim tradition is to bury their dead within 72 hours.
 
  He made arrangements to board their Bunnies which fell thru so his tenants, who live between me and Khalid, were feeding and taking care of them. 
 
 However, they burrowed a tunnel under their pen and escaped...
 
Since then, the entire neighborhood has been on Bunny Patrol with numerous neighbors, both young and old, trying to catch the bunnies because Khalid's 2 children are so upset over it...

 Joey and Jim were able to catch one on Sunday but the other one remained at large....
 
Joey and the neighbor behind Khalid brought a crate down from her house and set it up hoping someone would see the bunny in it and shut the door....
 
 
 
 
 Khalid's wife , who is staying with family in Jersey until Khalid returns from Jordan,  came in to try to catch the bunnies) and kept apologizing but is so grateful to everyone and keeps insisting that they owe us all...
 
We told her "It takes a Village" and Joey promised her we would catch the other Bunny!!
 
She took the bunny Lily back with her to her family's house in Jersey where the kids are now....
 
Yesterday morning, here is where the remaining bunny was....
 
 
We could not coax that little bugger into that crate....
 
He liked sitting under their forsythia tree.....

 
Joe is sitting on the steps, trying to get the bunny used to him....


 After numerous attempts of me crawling around the back and almost kneeling under that tree, trying to entice little Sonic with lettuce, I finally was able to pet him twice as he was starting to trust me and eating the lettuce out of my hand....

I was finally able to pick him up....

I had to hold on to the little Wiggly Piggly, crawl out from under the tree and walk around the side and up a hill to where the crate was and put the little bugger inside of it!!!


 
Little Sonic went right for his kibble.....


 
He is even letting us pet him through the crate!!

 
We will take care of him until Khalid and his family come home on the weekend....


At least, the children now have their bunnies back after losing their grandfather.....

I heard that they are so thrilled and happy!!!!

It truly was a neighborhood effort....


Okay, now on to the 5th installment of "What's in Your Hutch/Curio?"

 
 
This is the 3rd Curio I took from my neighbor Elly's house when we cleaned it out for her sons after she passed away....

I have it in my upstairs Sitting Room.....

 
 
 
As you can see, it is a corner one....

Which also makes it very hard to photograph so please excuse the glare from the mirrors, glass and flash!!!

I have some of my Angel Collection and all of my yellow Depression Glass Collection displayed inside of it.....

 
After all, the Sitting Room is painted yellow!!


Top shelf.....


Some of the yellow Depression glass pieces were my Mother's like the creamer and sugar in the Indiana Glass Lorain Basket pattern which is considered rare....

 
The angels were gifted to me by Joe and are primarily yellow in color!!


There is a Lorain Basket dessert plate that I bought at a yard sale behind the Angel.....


You can see the basket on the sugar bowl....

 
The sugar and creamer were always used when my Dad made fresh percolated coffee after a holiday or special dinner.....


Second Shelf.....


2 pretty vintage plates......


2 Lorain Basket Tumblers bought at a Flea Market....


In the center is my Mother's Hazle Atlas Glass Florentine Poppy # 2 yellow pitcher.....

 
In front of it is a ceramic shoe box that my Mother gifted me....


It is one of the last things she bought me before she passed away.....



Third Shelf.....


 2 tea cups and saucers in the Lorain Basket pattern bought at a Flea Market....

 
Another Angel....



  

Fourth Shelf......



Joe gifted me these shoe boxes which are music boxes and have crystals on them....
 

 
Joe bought these Angels in Service Merchandise which is no longer in business.....

 
Behind the Angel is a vegetable dish in the Lorain Basket pattern.....
 
 
This brings back memories of Christmas Eve Holy Supper, which was one of the few times my Mother used these dishes, and she put pickled herring in this dish!





Bottom Shelf.....


 
 The Nurse figurine was gifted to me by my "Big Sister" when I entered Nursing School....


A "Big Sister", in the old time hospital based Nursing Schools, was a student nurse in the class ahead of you when you entered school who was to help and guide you until you were familiar with things at the school.....

Yes, I am one of those OLD nurses who went to a Diploma School of Nursing and I do not have a degree......

The last Angel in this Collection.....


Behind this Angel is the bowl in the Lorain Basket pattern that my Mother used for mashed potatoes for special dinners and holidays.....



A vintage Lefton Victorian boot bought at a yard sale.....




So that is the last of the Curio's in my house....


 
 
I hoped you enjoyed seeing some of my treasures and hearing about some of my memories associated with them....

 Previously, in the first installment of this Series, "What's in Your Hutch/Curio?"......

I shared what is inside the Dining Room Hutch.....

 

 

 

 

 

  Showcasing my Moss Rose Collection.....

Click HERE if you missed that post.....

 

Next, I shared how I cleaned and styled the larger Curio in the Dining Room.....

 


 

 

 


 
 Click HERE to see this post if you missed it....
 
 
In the 3ed Installment, I shared the smaller Curio in the Dining Room....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click HERE if you missed that post....


Not sure yet what I will be sharing in my next post on Sunday but I hope you will stop by to visit again this Sunday to see what I have been up to!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


9 comments:

  1. So many pretties! I love your nurse. Our daughter went to a diploma school, too. It was run by nuns and she went straight there after high school at 17. It was a three year program and we found out when she entered she could not get her state certificate until she was 21. Luckily they changed that law by the time she graduated at 20. It was a very respected program and she actually did clinicals all over the state in a program they had with other hospitals. She did pediatrics at Akron's Children's Hospital and Psychiatric nursing in Toledo. She was immediately hired at a big city hospital in critical ICU. She's a go getter and went for several other nursing certificates, and went for her Bachelors. Since she had all the nursing classes, it involved gym, art and other classes totally unrelated to nursing, lol. She then went on to get her masters while working fulltime and raising three kids with her BSN, Nurse Anesthesiologist husband. And now that the kids are preteen and teen, she just got her doctorate. She wears me out!!!! She is currently the director of student services at a catholic nursing school and assistant dean. Whew. . . . .

    Your crab cake looks so good. Aldi had a special buy this week, 5 crab cakes for 4.99 in a bag, frozen. I cook one for lunch in my air fryer after I make all the grandkids a pbj and they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Joe. I prefer my laptop too, neat reading gadget you have, should work perfectly for you. Enjoy the days as summer seems to be winding down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These men love their dogs! And I have to say that thing you bought at Five Below is wonderful. I'll have to check out ours and see if they have something similar -- it would be great for cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everytime I come for a visit, I just want to shop your house!! Haha!! We have very similar taste when it comes to treasures and decor, especially your dishes. I just bought 3 transferware plates this week at a thrift shop. Of course, I don't have a curio or a hutch. This cottage is just too small, but it's a nice thought!! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty. So glad you are such a great neighbor! And glad you caught the bunny!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Debbie, Happy Birthday to Joe! You are ready for Halloween with those finds! Happy Weekend! laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun stuff in this post, Debbie. I loved seeing your treasures in the curio. I did a post like that several years ago, with stuff from my little curio! Faye is precious, and the food is making me SO hungry. I prefer ice cream cake, too. (But, I'll take ANY cake! lol) My best friend growing up did a diploma nursing program, too, for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww -- the angels are so pretty! And I like how you staged them with the glass and china pieces. Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 31.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not have a curio chest/cabinet. But it looks like you have quite the collection big enough for the both of us! You have some sweet treasures I’m sure.

    Thank you for sharing at the Sunday sunshine blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...