I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Halloween Tree in the Dining Room, 2021

 

 



 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 
 Joe has some exciting news!!!
 

 When Joe left his part time job at Wegman's, we knew something better would await him when he was ready...
 
 
When Joe retired from the Post Office, he always said his Dream part time job would be to work at the Mohegan Sun Arena 5 minutes from our house or for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Pens.....
 
 
His Dream has come true!!
 
 
 Next week, Joe will start training as a new employee of the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, working at the Toyoto Sportsplex....
 
 

"The Toyota SportsPlex in Wilkes-Barre is the official practice facility of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, the AHL affiliate of the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins. But you don’t have to be a hockey star to have a blast on the ice. This ice rink offers hockey, figure skating, curling, and public skating for all ages and skill levels.

The Toyota SportsPlex is home ice for the Wilkes University hockey teams, the Wyoming Seminary hockey team, and the Wilkes-Barre Junior Pens, a youth travel hockey league for ages 8-18. They also host in-house hockey leagues, camps, and clinics for adults and kids."

It is only a 10 minute drive from our house....

 He will be working part time ( 20 hours a week) under the executive Chef of the Team at the Concession Stand and will hopefully also fill in at the Team Store when it reopens at this location....

He will not work on days that there are home games as they are honoring his 5 year Season Ticket Holder commitment....

His food training and cashier experience at Wegman's was a big part of the reason he was hired! 

Again, everything happens for a reason!! 

He is thrilled to death!!! 

This is something he always wanted to do in his retirement!!!

 I am also thrilled to death as it will give me some much needed "Alone" time!!!!
 
 
 
For those who have followed my Blog for years, you know that after I finish decorating the House for Fall and Halloween in September, I waste no time and start decorating the upstairs for the next Holiday.......

Since it took me a total of 33 days last year to decorate for Christmas, I HAVE to start early.....

For several years now, I have the upstairs completely decorated by the end of October.....

This year , I am actually ahead of the game and only have the Sitting Room left to decorate.....

Here is a sneak peek at what I have been up to......
 
Craft Room 

Tree #1


 
Tree # 2




 Bathroom
 
Tree #3
 


 
 
Hallway
 

 
Tree # 4



 
 


 Master Bedroom


 
Tree #5

 
Tree # 6









All I have left to decorate for Christmas upstairs is the Sitting Room which I plan to do this week....

It usually takes 3 days....
 
 
 
Before I decorated the Master Bedroom, I cleaned the windows after we FINALLY took the air conditioner out.....
 



 I remembered to place the suction cups that I use to hang the Christmas wreaths from on the outside of the windows when I cleaned them.....


I took down the drapes and fluffed them up in the dryer and then I hung the lace curtains for the Winter.....



So that is what I have been up to.....


In the last few posts, I have been sharing how I decorated my Dining Room for Halloween....
 
  I shared my Witch's Potion Table in my spooky Dining Room.....
 




And how I decorated the Dining Room Chandy a bit differently this year.....

 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

 

I also shared the Halloween vignettes that I set up throughout the room..... 

 




 
 Click HERE if you missed this post......
 

Today, I will finish my Tour of the Dining Room by sharing my Halloween Tree......

In the corner by the Living Room.....


You may remember that I bought these Witch Legs at Dollar Tree....

I used them in an arrangement that I did in a pumpkin, that I spray painted black, was part of a topiary.....

I also added 3 of these light up black roses!!

 

 I have it on the floor in this corner by the Tree.....

A sweet Trick or Treater Bearington Bear on a pedestal.....

Other years, I decorated the Dining Room in more of a silver and black color theme for Halloween....

Over the past 2 years, I have been adding more orange to the mix!!

The window divider between the Living Room and Dining Room......

I like to hang seasonal decorations on the vintage window.....

This year, I made more ornaments using wood cut outs from Dollar Tree....

I used them on my Kitchen Halloween Tree....

And I borrowed some ornaments that I made a few years ago from this Tree and used them on the Dining Room Tree....

 
 I like the pops of orange on the silver Tree.....

Lets take a closer look......


I made the bow topper from 3 different types of ribbon....

The Tree is decorated with Skeletons....

Ghosts...

Owls....

Witch's Hats....

Bats.....

Skulls and Ghouls.....

 Black Cats....

Bony Hands and Jack O Lanterns!!

On the table underneath the Tree......

I made the Tree skirt from fabric in my stash!!

I made these vintage looking Trick or Treat Peat Pots several years ago....



A silver mercury glass pumpkin, that I added some lace and a bow to, sits in the center.....

The orange leaf lights came from Dollar Tree....



A cute tassel witch hangs from the clock......

To the side of the Tree on a marble top stand.....


A bird cage placed in a vintage milk glass compote bowl....
 

Many years ago, I spray painted a gold bird cage black, topped it off the a bow I made and a Crow/Raven and placed a silver skull inside of it!!

I surrounded the bird cage with a bittersweet berry vine.....

 
A black spider and skull and a cute Jack O Lantern box....





And this completes my tour of the Dining Room decorated for Halloween this year.....

I had a really great time doing quite a bit of crafting for Fall and Halloween this year...

I hope you enjoyed following along with me....

I have one last Fall/ Halloween post before my annual Fall/Halloween Home Tour post so I hope you come back on Wednesday when I will be sharing Nelson Crest, all decked out for Halloween...
 

 
 And a few more Fall decorations in the Den.....
 


 
And downstairs Hall.....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

20 comments:

  1. I am not one to decorate early, but this year I am excited to start planning my Christmas decorating! You are so organized and I really admire how you have your decorating schedule down pat!! And congratulations on Joe's new job. And congratulations on some time to yourself. I will admit I am a little (actually a lot) jealous of that! And your hubby will love working there - great they are honoring his commitment to his home game tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Joe on his new job! Good he is doing something he really enjoys. My husband is retired but working for the same place part time, he likes it and doesn't want to give it up totally but strange he is part time but seems to be working just as much as he did when a full time employee. I decorated a little but not as much this year. Will probably do a little post of some of the things. I love how the hand is on the typewriter, neat looking. I bet when children visit you they just love to see all of your treasures. Happy Sunday, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great Halloween decorations! Do you open your house up to the trick and treaters to tour? Congrats on Joe's new job. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Joe on the dream job, and YOU are a decorating diva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Joe. My husband still has a few more years before he can retire but I so see him getting a pt job. He would not be one to stay home all day. Not sure I want him too either. LOL! Girl you should do a home tour of your home and all of your decor. I would vote you #1. Hugs and blessings dear lady. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy for Joe! Great decorations, as always.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie - You continue to amaze me with your organization and decorating talents. I love the orange pop in the dining room. It really looks good with the silver and black. Your upstairs already decorated for Christmas is awesome. Hopefully, this will allow you to be less stressed when it gets closer to the holiday. Congrats to Joe on his new PT job. I'm sure he will enjoy and I know you will enjoy your alone time. LOL! Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda,
      I thought the pink walls would not look good with orange for Halloween but being that pink and orange are all derivatives of red, it does look okay!! Every year, I try to get the upstairs done before Halloween because that makes it so much easier for me...I start taking down Fall and Halloween right after Halloween because I try to have the whole house done by Thanksgiving so I then can relax and enjoy the Holiday Season!! I usually don;t make it by Thanksgiving but I am pretty close....And this year, Thanksgiving is the 25th so we will see!! Thanks so much for always stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Deb: I have often wondered how you get everything done in time for each holiday and now I know. But, how wonderful then, that you have so much more time to enjoy it all. It does look so pretty. Since the Cottage Witch has retired, I am not decorating for Halloween this year and we will not be handing out candy as the counts are still so high here and parents do love to come up to the door and visit. We will not take the chance. Congrats to Joe. How wonderful that he will realize his perfect dream job. Most are not that lucky..Take care and Happy Monday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for Joe, Debbie, that sounds like a dream job and one I know he'll treasure. LOVE all the special touches of Christmas cheer you've added upstairs already. You know I am crazy for the pink and pastels! I can't believe how fast October has flown by already - the holidays will be here before we know it! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a favor. I have a link party going on and getting no activity. It is Tea Party theme. Didn't you write a couple Tea Party posts. Would you come over and link and maybe share the party. I have some authors writing posts and a giveaway that on Wed. An author is giving 2 Tea Time magazines.
    http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2021/10/if-i-had-tea-cup-link-par

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great Halloween decorations! Do you open your house up to the trick and treaters to tour? Congrats on Joe's new job. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we actually hardly get any Trick or Treaters...I do invite family and friends over though! Thanks for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  12. So much Eye Candy here...Totally love all your Halloween--deliciously over the top and not ugly scary. I hear my Grand say Cute not Spooky, Grandma! Lots of great ideas, but I simply can't deal with Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Hugs, and congrats to Hubby---what a fun gig! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, congrats to Joe! I am so happy for him! How wonderful to land your dream job! Next, I am so excited to get a sneak peak of Christmas at your house. It is always so beautiful and I can't wait to see it all! I will start mine the day after Halloween with the village downstairs. I love all your Halloween decorations but of course your little bear caught my eye immediately! He's adorable and not one that I have in my collection. The Christmas bears will be coming out soon enough though! Always so much fun to visit here and I wish you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, just wow. I never thought about decorating tree for a Halloween. Also I love Your spooky Dining Room decorations. The chandelier is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had time to come back and read the post. Congratulations to Joe. What an awesome dream come true.
    Are the flowers in the black pumpkin from your garden?
    Everything is so spookily pretty.
    BTWI added another giveaway. Come over to Jocie's post and enter. It is the Wed. Post.
    http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to Joe on his dream job! That's fabulous. Love your tree and all the ornaments you made for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy to hear that Joe got his dream job! Your hubby sounds like mine. He will probably get a part-time job after he retires because he can't stand to sit around. Men don't like to sit around and craft and clean like us lol. I wondered if Joe got a place that wasn't feminine, and I see that he does! In your bedroom! You're so sweet for that. My husband doesn't get one haha! He bought a KISS poster at the concert a few weeks ago (I was way too young to know their songs so I mercilessly teased him lol), and I told him, "I hope you know that's not going up anywhere in the house!" HAHAHA!! I do get him Alabama ornaments for our Christmas tree. I also buy him signed balls, helmets, cases for those, and a nice wood framed picture of the stadium...for his office at work. I love how you have everything ready for Christmas. It looks great. I love coming over to see what you've done during the week! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade and Traffic Jam Weekend at LifeasaLEOWife.com!
    Niki - Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to Joe! And to you too. 33 days is a long time to decorate. Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas. Thanks for sharing your Halloween decor. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...