I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Witch's Potion Table in My Spooky Halloween Dining Room........






 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 
But first, Thanks to Pam. over at An Artful Mom, for choosing my Blog Post, Late September Garden Update, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Link Party!!!!
 
 
 
 And also Thanks to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my Blog Post, A Little Bit of Fall in the Kitchen, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Link Party!!!
 
 
 
 Thanks so much, Bev and Pam!!

Please stop by and link u[ to this charming party where each co host picks her own features!!
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 
Finally, the Sun came out enough that I was able to get some pictures of it shining on my neighbor Brandy's tree in her front yard.....
 
 
 
I can't remember it ever looking this brilliant!!
 
 
 
What a pleasure to sit on my front porch and be able to look down the yards and see it.....


Some of the leaves are turning orange on the trees by the woods on the side of the house....

 
 I took this picture from the other side, looking down toward our house....
 

 Sadly, this is usually the Tree that is first to lose all it's leaves....
 

 Joe did it again....
 
He found 2 new shiny dimes by our dumpsters the other day and since he found a dime in Pittsburgh and used it to scratch off a lottery ticket where he won $100, he bought another ticket today and used the one dime to scratch it off and won another $100!!!!
 
 Then he cashed it in and bought another ticket, brought it home where he used the other dime that he found to scratch this ticket off and won $70!!!
 

 Not bad...$170 because of finding 2 dimes!!!
 
 
 
 The other day I made a quick and easy meal for Dinner....
 
Turkey meatballs in Ragu sauce that I add sugar and seasonings to as this Polish girl does not make her own sauce....served over Angel Hair Pasta!!
 
 
  
 
 
And both Joe and Joey like it!!!


 
 Joe is one Happy Camper as Hockey Season started on Wednesday night with an Exhibition Game....
 
 Joe met our Great Niece Cortney there,who is an avid Fan for the opposing Team!! 
 
Her and Joe have a friendly rivalry!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 Joe is not the only one who is happy that Hockey season has begun!!

Wink, Wink!!



 I always buy a box of tomatoes for my Niece Renae to use for canning .....
 
$10 a box from the Amish Farmer that sets up at the Convenience Store down the road from us.....
 
And Renae is kind enough to gift me with some of the finished product as I do not can....
 
 
 And never will I can!!

Joe will be making some Chili today with it....
 
 
 
I made another quick and easy meal with Knorr Rice Sides Chicken Flavor........
 

 
And seasoned boneless chicken breasts sliced thin and done on the George Foreman Grill....
 
 
 Joe bought those Spices at Ollies, of all places, with a lot of other ones for only 99 cents each!!!
 
 Too spicy for me so I finished the spaghetti left over from last night....

 
 Joe and Joey enjoyed them though!!


Did you survive Face Book being down for a few hours one day last week?????
 
  I got busy doing a bit of crafting......
 
I embellished a plain Dollar Tree Scarecrow.....
 
 
 
I added a few leaves, a pumpkin, an acorn......
 
 
 And a Welcome sign I had from a lawn stake that fell apart!!

 
 I think it looks much better.....

  
 I had been working on upcycling some Heinz Gravy jars, a Jelly jar and an A1 Steak Sauce bottle into some Halloween Potion Bottles for my Niece Renae and our Great Nieces.....
 
 
 
I finished them up......
 
  
 
  
 
 
When I was done, I then went back to the computer and Face book was back online........
 
I didn't really miss it!!
 
 
 
In my last post, I started to share my Halloween decorations for this Season.....
 
I decorated the Powder Room with a bit more Halloween decorations than I have in the past.....
 






 
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

And people actually asked me if I was going to cut back on my decorating once I retired!!

I now have more time to craft and decorate and I feel so much better physically since I retired and had my Knee Replacement Surgery so why would I even consider cutting back now....

When it becomes too physically taxing for me to do, then I will cut back.....

But right now, I am having too much fun doing it and would never consider it "work" like some people call it.....

I am "playing, not working!!!!



 Speaking of playing, I had a great time "playing" in the Dining Room when Joe and our son Joey went to Pittsburgh for a few days.....

I was able to decorate the Dining Room for Halloween in 2 days when it usually takes me 3 days.....

While the Powder Room and the Kitchen Tree and Hutch.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have more of a whimsical Halloween vibe, the Dining Room is definitely more spookier!!

Today, I am going to share what I call my Witch's Potion Table in the Dining Room.....
 
 
 
 Originally, I decorated my very Victorian looking Dining Room in a black and white Halloween theme but over the past few years, I have been adding a bit more orange ......

I took these pictures in the evening as I think they have a better affect!!
 
  
 
 I even "spooked" up the chandy a bit more this year.....
 
 
 
Since I used the silver owls and leaves that I had hung from the chandy other years in the Powder Room this year......
 
 
 I decided to hang a few Skeletons and Ghouls that I had used on my Dining Room Halloween Tree on the chandy this year......

 
There is even a black bat hanging in the middle....
 

 
 Definitely has a more frightening look.....
 
 
 
 
 
In the corner.....
 
 
 
A Halloween Tussie Mussie hangs from the ceiling.....
 
 
 
 A Jack O Lantern and Skeleton ornaments.....


 
 
On the floor by the buffet......
 
 
 A Halloween Witch dressed in a silver spider web outfit.....
 
 
 
 Pumpkins on the floor......
 
 
 
 And an old Victorian boot that I decorated as a Witch's boot.....
 
  
 

I turned the Dining Room Buffet in a Witch's Potion Table....


I did try to change it up a bit this year....

 
Over on this side.....
 
 
 
 
 
 I made all the Potion Bottles used in this display a few years ago but this year, I did add an orange pumpkin trim to some of them.....
 
 
 
 The stack of Books saying "Brews, Poisons and Enchantments" was bought several years ago in Michael's but you can easily make your own using old books......
 


 I used a cake stand that I normally have here on the buffet to display more Potion Bottles on......
 

 
Along with a skull, some bones and an orange spider!!!

 
 Two potion books from Dollar Tree....
 
 
 
And a bony hand holding a skull.....
 
 
 The vintage Halloween card was gifted to me.....
 
 
 
 
 
On the shelf above the buffet......


I ran off the Twisted Twigs graphic from the computer and framed it in a black frame.....


There is a potted Black Twisted Twig Tree with a black crow ( or Raven if you would like to think) also on the shelf

 


I did change up the center a bit from past years......
 
 
 
 
The antique Sterling Silver Bridal Basket that holds my large skull now sits on a book of "Potions, Spells and Etc.", that I made several years ago, in the center of the buffet......


I placed a few orange leaves and some eyeballs in the basket with the skull......


3 years ago, I saw this skull in Pier One......


Of course, I thought..."I can do that"!!!!

 
 So I found some an old broken rhinestone necklace that I had in my stash and I bought a few gems at Michael's and embellished the skull......
 

 Did I mention that the Pier One skull was $40 at the time!!!!!!!

You may remember that I bought this Tray on a recent trip to Dollar Tree......

 
 I was not sure what I was going to do with it but it called to me as soon as I saw it.....
 
 It turned out that a "Book of Potions and Spells" that I made a few years back, fit perfectly on the black Halloween tray!!
 
 
 
I elevated the back of it and placed a rat, a bony hand and a spider on the book and a "Happy Hauntings" sign in front of it on the tray.....


 
 
 
 
 
 On the other side of the buffet......
 
 
 
 I bought the Skeleton with Bat Wings candelabra at Gabes for a mere $3 several years ago!!
 
 
 
 Now how often can you find a skeleton with bat wings???????
 
 
 You may remember this orange mercury glass pumpkin that I bought in $5 Below for $5 a few weeks ago......

 
 I placed it on top of some Buffalo Snow that looks like foggy spider webs??? inside an antique crystal compote bowl, creating a Caldron effect......
 

 I placed  a vintage milk glass dish on top of it to hold another black crow/raven and a few Fall leaves..


A bony foot on this side of the "Book Of Potions and Spells"

 
 
 More Potion Bottles....

 
  
 
And another vintage looking Halloween card.....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And that is this Season's Witch's Potion Table......
 
 
 
I bought the spider web runner used on the buffet at Big Lot's on Clearance a few years back for $2.00 !!
 

 In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of the Dining Room.......
 
 
 
 Which includes a few Haunted Houses.....
 
 
 

 
 
  
 
A Fortune Teller......
 


A Halloween Tree.....
 


A cemetery with a Funeral Basket.....
 

 
 
 
And a bit of Edgar Allan Poe!!


So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  
  Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! I feel like a slacker compared to you. I'm going to have to get busy. Thank you for so many great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a few evenings all to yourself!!! I just love your potion jars and bottles. Still too many little ones around here to put glass out, but I am filing these ideas in my head for the future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house with all your decorating. Every holiday is so special. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really went all out on your dining room. It looks awesome! It's definitely ready for a scary Halloween dinner buffet for your family. And those potion bottles are neat. I loved the skeleton candle holder with bat wings. Congrats to Joe on winning $270.00 with 30 cents. I saw a dime on the floor at the Family Dollar today but I didn't even bother to pick it up. Darn it! I might've won some money on a scratch off too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!! I truly do appreciate it!! I do love the way the Dining Room looks decorated for Halloween!! LOL!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Debbie, your ghoulish chandy is my favorite! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very spooky! What great luck with the scratchers and dimes; how fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooky and fun table Debbie. Love the idea of potions. Joe is so lucky. I am happy to feature your fun post at Love Your Creativity. happy weekend Debbie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I could come to your house and just stand there (trying NOT to let my jaw hang open) looking, looking, and looking at all your Halloween treasures. I especially loved your potion table. I have made a few bottles this year. DT bones in 3 small jars with Gravy Master, a drop of yellow food coloring and water to make "Bone Broth." I found a few "grows 600x) critters--a lizard, an alligator, and a monster face that looked good in jars, too! I found some Hobby Lobby clearance ribbon that I coiled in jars to be dragon scales and mermaid scales, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      WOW!! Sounds like you have created some terrific items for Halloween!! Great ideas!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  9. Thank you, Debbie, for sharing this on Traffic Jam Weekend. It has been chosen as a fave feature for this week's link party that goes live on Thursday at 5:00 pm CST.

    And the George Eliot quote on your home page is exactly what I needed to read and retain today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post will be featured on Traffic Jam Weekend today at LifeasaLEOWife.com! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...