I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Word of the Month for October, IMAGINE!!!!!

  

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

This is going to be a quick little post revealing what my Word of the Month for October is.....

 POSITIVITY is what I chose as my Theme for this Year......

 
 
Little did I know how important it would be to remain POSITIVE this Year!!!!

I am choosing to maintain this theme by only posting positive things here on my Blog and also on my face book page.....
 
 
  I continue choose to post Positivity on this Blog and especially out there on social media like face book,over all the Political Rants, Mask Pro and Cons Rants, Naming Calling and Making Fun of Political Leaders no matter what Political Party they belong to, sharing of Fake News without checking the actual facts before posting and bashing of Businesses even though those businesses may be barely surviving!!!

 I choose to take the higher road, rising above all that nonsense and frankly, childishness, and not feed into and spread the anger and hate!!

I have had enough......

I am CHOOSING to scroll through and not read any of these posts.....
 
 
 I choose POSITIVITY!!
 
And yes, at times it has been hard to remain POSITIVE but I think back to my Mother who always looked at the Glass as half empty, always waited for something terrible to happen because things were just going too good, always waited for the Shoe to drop......
 
And I remember how that attitude ruled her life and put her in a constant state of anxiety and I refuse to do that to myself and to my family because I doubt my Mother ever realized the effect her Negativity had on her family....
 

  My Word of the Month for September was......

JOYFUL!!!!!!

 Why did I pick JOYFUL as My Word of the Month for September......

I chose JOYFUL because I was thrilled with the end of the Summer with all it's heat and humidity....

I was JOYFUL because, to me, September harkens the beginning of the Holiday Season.....

The Holiday Season for me starts with Halloween and continues on until Easter....

I LOVE to decorate for the Different Holidays and this is the time of the year when I am in my Glory so to speak..... 

And I did have a JOYFUL September because I had so much fun changing the look of our home and decorating for Fall and Halloween.....

Now I know many of you are wondering why do all of this especially this year when get togethers with friends are cautioned against by the CDC....

I do it for ME!!!!

It makes ME happy, it keeps MY imagination flowing, it inspires MY creativity, it keeps ME active physically and it sure does keep ME from getting bored....

All of this is very important when one is retired....

I absolutely do not think of it as "WORK" or "TROUBLE" like many have referred to it as....

I view it as "PLAYING" and "HAVING FUN"!

So in September, I JOYFULLY did this.....

I changed the Living Room from this....

To this.....

 The front porch from this.....

 To this.....

And the Dining Room from this.....

To this.....

And there is a lot more that I changed and was JOYFUL doing so......

I will be sharing all those changes in future posts.....

So now that we are already into October, I thought long and hard about what word would I chose for one of my favorite months of the year????

I thought about what I normally do in October....

And I came up with the Word IMAGINE!!!! 

 

What does IMAGINE mean......

1. form a mental image or concept of.

 2. form picture of something in your mind

  

Now why did I choose IMAGINE for my Word of the Month for October?????

By the beginning of October, I am done decorating our home , both inside and out, for Fall and Halloween and my thoughts then turn to CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I have told you all for many years now that I start to decorate the upstairs of our townhouse in October for Christmas......

I get out all my Christmas magazines and books and start looking through Pinterest for ideas and inspiration.....

October is the month that I always start to IMAGINE what the coming Christmas Holiday will look like in my home.....

 

 I start to "picture it" in my mind's eye......

Now this year is no different, even with the Pandemic....

As I mentioned before, I do it for ME and I do it for my family...

And maybe even if I can not have friends over this year, at least those friends will see pictures of our home decorated and can maybe feel as if they were able to visit.....

I know that is how I feel when I get to peer into the  homes of fellow Bloggers and others who post pictures of their homes on Face Book Groups that I belong to.....

I IMAGINE that I am there, visiting with them, maybe sitting down talking and having a cup of Tea.....

I think about how awful it would be if everyone stopped decorating their homes because of what is going on in the world today.....

There would be no inspiration, no creativity and no IMAGINATION!!!!!!

And most of all, no Delight in the eyes of children!!!

And since it is October, GUESS WHAT???????

These are not last year's pictures......








 
WELL!!!
 
IMAGINE that!!!
 
  I even unboxed this brand new Tree that I bought in Boscov's on Clearance last year......

I have been IMAGINING where will I use it.... 

I did decide that I will replace the Tree in the Living Room that  I  decorate with my Shiny Brite vintage ornaments with this new Tree which is a bit more substantial.....


I am now IMAGINING where I will now put the Tree I will be replacing and how will I be decorating it.....

And I am also IMAGINING how will I finish this sled that Joe bought from the Amish Farmer and where will I also put it.....

I can only IMAGINE!!!

 ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I think IMAGINE is the perfect Word of the Month for October, don't you????

In my next post, I will be sharing a Late Fall Garden Update......




And some Fall Foliage pictures....



So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

17 comments:

  1. Inspirational, such an uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, you have to keep positive at this time or will go crazy. I also agree we need to do things in our home that makes us happy, you need to enjoy being in your own home. Last year our little kitten was a bit wild and so I wasn't able to put up many decorations so this year now that he is more calm it has been nice to get out my decorations and be able to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the years I worked, I told people I just visited my own house, LOL. Now that I am retired, I love staying home! Can't wait to see your Christmas ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post Debbie! Such important words in our current situation. As always, your displays are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't been on for a while so I treated myself to a cup of tea and your blog...

    What a wonderful, positive, inspiring post! Thank you!

    And after seeing your beautiful home...all that gorgeous fall decor....well, all I can say is, "when can I come for a stay?" LOL!

    xoxo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks so much for stopping by@ You can come and stay any time you like... We all need as much positivity that we can get..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Imagine is such a terrific word. It really can help lift the day and the times. And somehow, I think you must imagine a lot to come up with so many ideas! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, I so enjoy reading your post today! I can relate with it in so many ways, I also do it all because it brings me happiness. I so thrive off of imagination (sometimes gets me in trouble a bit) lol! And also inspiration. Everything in your home looks polished and carefully placed. Wondering if you take your potted plants indoors as winter approaches, they are all so very beautiful. Love to take a visit to your blog knowing I can find some inspiration at your happy place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such encouragement and inspiration!Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Imagine is the perfect word for October!
    Thanks for your upbeat frame of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your word of the month. And thank you for the simple reminder that optimism and joy are a choice. With so much negativity in the world, it's easy to get sucked in. I appreciate the reminder to make and keep making good choices when it comes to my attitude. After all, we always have a choice, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jed,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I appreciate it!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  12. I love your word of the month, Debbie. And love how you are so positive. You are truly an inspiration. I can not wait to see where your imagination leads you. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I choose positivity as well Debbie. Love your fall garden and your tree you found on clearance! Thank you as always, for sharing at Charming Homes and Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the word "Imagine". Reminds me of my younger grands and their little imaginations. I think us "Older" ones can surely imagine too! Makes life fun. Enjoyed all of the pictures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...