I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Fall Garden Update and Fall Foliage, 2020

 

 


 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Today, I am going to be sharing a late Fall Garden Update....
 
Before I go any firther, is anyone else having trouble moving pictures around when creating a post on Blogger?????
 
They disappear and jump to a different place from where you intended them to be?????/
 
This just started recently and it is driving me crazy!!!!
 
Please tell me it is not just me?????
 
I think the heat of this Summer and a warmer than usual Fall has helped my flowers hang on a little longer than they ever have so I wanted to share them just one more time.....
 
But first, a bit of an update on what I have been doing......
 
I have been busy as I mentioned in my last post, Word of the Month for October, IMAGINE......
 

 I have been decorating the upstairs for Christmas.....

Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I also made a huge pot of Chicken Bone Broth, twice in that last few weeks......

 And I made a very simple dish for dinner that I have been making quite often as our son , Joey, loves it.....

2 Packages of Knorr's Beef Rice , add hamburg and mushrooms and I seasoned it with garlic and onion salt, a bit of Steak Sauce and some Parmesan Cheese.....

It makes a hardy meal......

On Saturday, I baked a batch of zucchini bread.......

In addition to decorating the upstairs, I also cleaned the windows in the Den after Joe took out the air conditioner........

And ironed and hung the winter curtains......

He also took out the air conditioner in our bedroom so I also cleaned those windows......

It is so easy cleaning replacement windows that tilt inward.......

I also ironed and hung the Winter lace curtains in this room......

The air conditioner is stored in this small closet in our bedroom which was originally the only way one could get up into our attic......



After we had the attic pull down stairs installed, I made this into a regular closet which I use for my everyday clothes.....


You may remember that I shared the double closet in our bedroom which is Joe's.......
 


Unlike Joe , who has all his shirts, sweaters, etc. hanging on single hangers, I have mine hanging on hangers that hold 4-5 of them....
 
 I still have 2 more closets of clothes to go through.......
 
The Craft Room closet has all my dress clothes in it and the Sitting Room closet is used for storing off  Season clothes and blankets and linens.....
 
What I was doing buying so many clothes is beyond me and I realize now what a huge waste of money it was.....
 
I will not be buying any more clothes unless I absolutely need something which I doubt that I will!!!!!
 
When cleaning the windows in our bedroom, I took some pictures of the amazing views from those windows......
 
To the right......
 

 
 The woods on the side of our row of townhouses......
 


Looking at the woods past the roof tops of our development......


The trees are turning beautiful colors for the Fall......


The VA Medical Center up on the hill where you turn into the apartment complex that both my sons live in which leads into our development......


 
Another townhouse development......
 

To the left......
 
The entire Wyoming Valley......
 
 
The Wyoming Valley Mall.....
 
 
 
 
The mountains across the Susquehanna River......


 
We are Blessed to be able to look out our bedroom window and have such beautiful scenery to see..... 

Now on to more Fall Foliage......
 
I have been following the progression of color on this Tree in my neighbor's yard and this Burning Bush......
 
 






This tree in the woods can be seen from our back yard.....



In my neighbor's yard on the end of the row of townhouses behind me.....

Trees on the side of our road......



 
And I keep watching the progression of color on this tree in the yard across from ours......


Usually by the end of October the entire tree is a brilliant reddish orange.....



It's getting there...just a bit slower this year....

On to the flowers in the back yard.......

The asters are probably the best looking ever this year......




The rest of the flowers in the back are still hanging in there......






 


I bought this mini flag many years ago as it looks like our sweet fur baby, Savanna......



I can't believe that it is 10 years since we lost her.....
 
I will keep that flag until it falls apart....

On Saturday, I packed up all the Summer decor accessories from the Patio and the Fairy Garden and cleaned and swept the Patio......

I also rolled up the outdoor mats and Joe took them down to our storage shed where we store all the Seasonal things.....

I hope to be able to sit on the Patio for a bit longer before we pack everything up for the Winter.....
 

Before the Winter, we will roll up this outdoor rug......

The impatiens under the awning of the Patio are still doing fairly well......







I did not close up the garden mirror yet as I love the reflection in it.....


Now we go out to the front of the house.....

I still can not believe that the marigolds in the front of the house are still blooming and look great!!!



We really have not had a killing frost yet which is a bit unusual here in NEPA......
 
 
 
 
 
I do keep watering them as we have not had much rain .......
 
 








Next weekend, low's in the low 30's are predicted for overnight so maybe that will be the end of these flowers for the Season......
 
And with it being past mid October by then, I don't think that I will even waste the money to buy mums if there is a killer frost..... 

I just may redo the pots with my faux pumpkins and some greenery......

We did have to pull out the impatiens in the front yard so I sent Joe into the woods for greenery.....


I filled the urns and the long planter between them.....







By doing this, I got an early jump start on decorating for Christmas/Winter.....




 
 
 
I also replaced the flowers in the pot underneath the faux mailbox and in the vintage watering can.....




And now since the Sun is no longer setting in the front of our house........


I took these pictures in the back yard of the Sun setting through the trees on the side of our road.....


As I mentioned with the threat of frost next weekend, this may be the last week for my Summer flowers.....

They lasted much longer than I anticipated that they would so it has been a Blessing to have them blooming this late in the Season......

In my next post, I will be sharing the Before and After Halloween decorating in our Powder Room......

 
 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 FRIDAY
 Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Farm House Fridays
Flaunt It Fridays

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. Your views are just incredible! What a lovely place to live. Your flowers still look wonderful, too. We have been lucky, too. I used to hang some halloween decorations from my hanging pot hooks on my front porch. With the weather for the past few years, my baskets are sometimes up until after Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Fall pictures and adorable flowers!!! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are surrounded by beauty so it was a delight to visit your blog and see the stunning array of colour. The mix of colour from the trees was a real joy to see. You are always so busy changing your decor, another great delight to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you have been a very busy bee. That rice dish sounds good. Love all your flowers and the greenery in your urns. Marigolds often live up until November here depending on how cold it gets. Wonderful views from your windows! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decor! Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are pretty spectacular, Debbie. I especially love those asters -- one of my favorites. But they are all looking very good indeed. And you've done so much -- you really are a powerhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, What beautiful photos of the trees and changing leaves! I love it! I love fall most of all!
    Looks great! laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was enchanted by the beautiful colors of the flowering trees. They are beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your fall garden is lovely and I love your fall foliage photos. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this has been a beautiful fall season that is for sure, the colors are so pretty, and nice weather too, my favorite time of year, I still have some cleaning up of the garden to do, so sad to see it all coming to a close, but I do like experiencing all the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful fall foliage and your garden looks fabulous! I too have been having problems with my photos jumping everywhere in my post on blogger; hopefully it's a minor bug they get fixed soon. Your food looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing with us. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza, it looks so beautiful where you live. Here in the area of Texas where I live, the trees don't turn, they just fall off which is boring. Love both the front and back of your home too. What fabulous places to hang out and enjoy your weather. Have fun cleaning out the other closets. I feel the same way about buying more clothes. Nope, not happening. When I purge the closets though, it makes me feel better that the donation store has more items to add to the racks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and colourful. Loved all your pictures, especially the flowers and the trees.
    I too am not a fan of buying more clothes than I need. :)
    Thanks for sharing this at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  13. It certainly does look like fall in your neck of the woods.The trees are brilliant in their fall colors. The leaves are slightly changing here. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pretty garden is still going strong and the foliage is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at AAH and TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, You are so blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful colors and lovely flowers.
    I love your porch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are so amazing - what incredible energy you have!! I can't get over the wonderful views, too. Your pup was so cute. Our Sunny is almost 15, so I'm trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. Thanks for sharing, as always, at the TFT party, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is so gorgeous Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have featured you on my site at this week's #HomeMattersParty
    Can't wait to see what you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flowers are amazingly beautiful, Debbie!! This has been a pretty year for our fall flowers, too. It's sad that they will get killed off with the coming freezes. We were down to 37 the other night and thankfully Charles was able to bring a few pots up close to the house for me (my hydrangeas and rosemary), since I've been too sick to move anything/bring it inside.

    Happy to be able to feature your post at Share Your Style #279 this week. Love all the fall foliage around your home. <3
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, I thought about your Blogger problem... A while back I tried to copy-paste a photograph from a company in DFW to talk about panetieres. I credited the company correctly and it didn't matter. I believe they had a hacker-type scroll that could go in and mess with anyone's website who tried to use their photographs. I had to totally delete the post and begin again and it messed with my site for several posts beyond. Eventually it went away. You may be experiencing that.

    Oh, and I wanted to say I had the same angel in your yard. I painted mine white, too. It was one of the things that went when we had to sell our last home... Miss that pretty angel. Enjoy yours!

    Enjoy your flowers while they are still beautiful,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...