I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Easter Bunny Village, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

What a week it has been.......

How are you coping with what is happening with the Coronavirus Scare?????

Can you believe that this is all happening????

I just can not wrap my head around the whole thing!!

Joe said Wegman's has been crazy......

No toilet paper, paper towels or tissues in this aisle......
My son Jim and DIL Danielle work at Target and say that it is the same way there, even with people accusing the workers of hoarding supplies in the back!!!

My family and I were not hysterical over all of this BUT because of all the crazy, hysterical people out there, buying up everything they can get thier hands on, I felt it was wise that we be prepared and have a 2 week supply of food and other things at home because of the shortages other people are creating....

Luckily, Joe always buys in bulk and was able to shop at Wegman's after work so we are good......

This is my pantry closet....
And this is the closet where my washer and dryer is kept in the Powder Room....
Before you say how nice this is organized, this is none of my doing........

Joe takes care of both these areas since he does the shopping.....

This is what I recently posted on Face Book about how I feel about all of this happening....

 "We are all in uncharted territory with the state of our Nation and the World...Yes, people are anxious and afraid....I feel that this is a time to push Politics aside and stop pointing fingers at our elected officials.. We NEED all of them to work together to get this nation through this crisis no matter what Political Party they belong to!!! So I feel the division in this Country needs to be set aside and everyone needs to work together to help their family, friends and neighbors get through this time!! And for God Sake, please be nice to the people who the Public now needs the most...The people working in Retail, Health Care, First Responders, etc!! They are simply doing their jobs and trying their best to do so. So instead of yelling at them because there are shortages, how about you thank them for showing up at work and putting themselves in danger!!! We all need to take a breath and calm down!!!"

And I will say that I am so ever glad that I am now retired because I can only imagine the stress that the healthcare workers are under from Administration and Patients....
 
On the bright side.....

We are so proud of our Great Niece Cortney who received several scholarships to King's College here in NEPA.......
So she will become a King's College Monarch and attend for 4 years for a very minimal amount...

She was accepted in the nursing program and plans to go on to be a Nurse Anesthetist like her late Dad......

We are so thrilled for her!!!

In my last post, I shared my Living Room Easter Tree and the Cross that I hung on the faux window in the Living Room.....
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

Today, I will be sharing my Easter Bunny Village.....

But first,I want to Thank, Pam, over at An Artful Mom, for featuring my post, A Year on Our Front Porch, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Pam!!

And I want to Thank, Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life,for featuring my post, St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, among one of the Top Viewed posts from last week's Home and Garden Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

And I want to Thank Michelle, over at The Painted Hinge, for also featuring my post, St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, from last week's Farmhouse Friday Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Michelle!!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

As I have mentioned many times before, I like to treat the top of our TV Entertainment Center as a "Mantel".......
 When Joe wanted to upgrade to a larger TV, I told him that he would have to find a piece of furniture to put it in because I was not going to allow a free standing big black box in my Victorian styled Living Room.....

It took him about a week to find this piece of furniture for our TV!!
 Now he knows that he will never be able to get a bigger TV!!   LOL!!
This is where I set up a Bunny Village display.....
I kept the aqua and purple theme that I had going with the larger Easter Tree by adding bows to the aqua mercury glass candlesticks and the top of this smaller white Tree.....
We have Bunnies......
This putz house box was bought at The Christmas Tree Shop, along with all the other putz house in this display.....
I bought 2 Bunny Nutcrackers at a church Flea Market many years ago.....
I added a few eggs to this cute yellow bottle brush tree......
At Christmas, I used this white Tree in my Sitting Room upstairs......
I now decorated it for Easter.......
I added a set of Easter egg lights .......
And egg garland and ornaments......
Topping it off with a bow that matches the bow on top of the larger Easter Tree in the Living Room.....
More putz houses........
Another Bunny Nutcracker and putz house......
  I have also strung a set of battery operated lights through out the display....
On the floor in front of the TV Entertainment Center...........
Sitting on a bench......
Is a sweet little Bunny family.....
I still have a few more Easter decorations in the Living Room to share and will be doing so in my next post......
 With everything that has been happening, I have tried to keep busy and tried to stay away from the TV News and Face Book with all the sensory overload that is out there........

Back at the end of last Summer, I bought this red and white checked tablecloth on Clearance for $3.00.......
 With the intention of making valances and a cafe curtain for the Kitchen for the Spring and Summer.....

They were easy to make because after I measured, I used the checks as my guide!!
I also decorated the Kitchen for Easter.......
 And also the Dining Room for Easter.......
 You can see that I still have a lot of Easter decorations to share......

 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:


 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. How adorable and inspiring!Congratulations to you niece!Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is a smart girl. She is following in her Aunt's footsteps.
    Your Easter decor is beautiful and Joe's TV fits perfectly.
    Take care and be safe. Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far our supermarkets have managed to stay full stocked, even though people are shopping like mad. I'm trying to stay sensible, but I do keep more in the pantry than I usually do. I'm glad that I have blogging and crafting as a sane haven. Stay safe!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bunny village is so cute for the mantel. So far, I'm coping well. Not stockpiling but I have what I need. Self-isolating. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easter nutcrackers are so cute and you lucked out at that flea market! Congratulations to Cortney! Here via Creative Muster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Courtney! I just love your Easter decor. I need to get a move on! Busy alternating "shoulds" (housework) and "wannas" (crafting and reading). Have a nice hoard of groceries ahead and can stay hunkered down. Although the new Hobby Lobby in the next town over has been calling my name since the grand opening 3/9, it'll be there when this is all over! I am so glad you are retired--you would have been run off your legs doing double shifts in this craziness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Yes, I would be working in a bigger nightmare than I already was...I am thrilled to be retired!!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your Easter decorations! So very cute. And I enjoy reading your life commentary!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop last week.
    Your lovely village will be one of my features at this week's hop so be sure and stop by to say Hi!
    See you there!
    Melissa | Little Frugal Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your adorable Easter decor is so cheerful and happy during these uncertain times! Thanks for sharing your treasures at TFT and All About Home! Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Putz Easter houses are adorable. I love those for just about every holiday. I've been trying to stay off of the new too. It's much better for my sense of calm. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...