I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Pink Easter Tree in the Dining Room, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I am continuing to share my Easter decorations in the Dining Room.....

In my last post, I shared my Easter Bunny Buffet......
Click HERE to see this post......

But first, Thanks, Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Easter Tree in the Living Room, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

Some personal thoughts:

I am loving watching HGTV's show Home Town.......

I like the affordability of the renovations they do and the conservation of materials and preservation of older architectural details........

I thought I would share this transformation.......

This is a photo of my childhood home, the 2nd home that my Dad built for our family and we moved into when I was 4 years old........
He did add a garage and then a "breezeway" between the garage and the house, later closing in the breezeway, making it a patio......

The house was sold by my Mother 3 months after my Dad's passing.....

The couple that bought it, still own it to this day.....33 years later and have made many improvements with many being done by the new homeowner himself which I am sure has thrilled my Dad.....

Joe knows this as he used to deliver mail in the development where I grew up and actually got to see the inside of my childhood home!!

This is a satellite picture of what my child hood home looks like now......
I am sure that my Dad is looking down, beaming with pride that someone has taken such good care of what my parent's called "Their Dream Home"!

Another thing I want to touch on is what is hopefully a temporary suspension of this school year.....

This is causing such a disruption in the lives of student all over our country but more so in the lives of those who are in their Senior Year in High School.......

This has been circulating on face book and I also want to share it here on my Blog.....

"If there’s a high school senior in your life, give them a hug and pray for them. To them, the cancellation of school is not a vacation. It’s time they don’t get to spend with their friends the last few months before they graduate. They’re anxious, realizing they may never be able to walk the halls for the last time, play their favorite sport, do their senior walk, attend their last prom or get to go to grad night. They’re sad hearing their senior prom might be canceled. They’re nervous that they may not be able to walk the stage and get the diploma they have been working hard on for 12 years. Show them support and love them during these hard times by sharing a picture of your Senior!!"

I am sharing the Senior student in our life and that is our great niece Cortney, who we are so proud of and love so much!!
Image may contain: John Dushanko, outdoor
We pray that she will be able to go to her senior prom and that we can all watch her as she accepts her diploma on stage at her graduation which is scheduled to take place in June at the Arena right by our house.......

And now for a little but of levity which I think we could use more of in these times...

A local supermarket developed it's solution to the Toilet Paper shortage in America.......
 A toilet paper cake!!!

You gotta love it!!

Update on my family.......Joe is still choosing to continue working at Wegman's......

Being of Polish heritage, here he is dressed in Red , celebrating St. Joseph's Day........
Why celebrate St. Joseph's Day????
This is why......


"From the 1890s-1930s, the waves of Polish and Italian immigrants were faced with a largely Irish Roman Catholic clergy that was unsympathetic to a group of peoples whose language and culture they didn’t understand. So Poles and Italians built their own churches, importing priests from Poland and Italy, and created schools that preserved their heritage.
Not to be outdone by the huge celebrations of St. Patrick's Day on March 17, St. Joseph's Day, just two days later on March 19, became a chance for Polish-Americans and Italian-Americans to express their ethnic pride with the "wearing of the red," a color that appears in both countries' flags. Parades and huge meatless feasts were known as St. Joseph's Tables or St. Joseph's Altars were held. For Poles, many American parishes hold these banquets in the church hall with tables decorated in red and white, a statue or holy cards of St. Joseph, flowers and a donation bowl for the needy. Sometimes there is a bread baked in the shape of St. Joseph's staff over which a blessing is made and the feasting begins."

For the Polish and Italian immigrants that settled here in NEPA, St. Joseph's day was a big deal....

 Joe's Father was born on March 18th and named Joseph.

A year later, Joe's Uncle was actually born on March 19th, the feast day of St. Joseph and they had to name him John because my FIL was already named Joseph!!!!

Our son Joe is now forced to work at home which he was not happy about but I sure was!!

Our son Jim and DIL Danielle are still working at Target since they also remain open....
I pray that we all make it through this unprecedented time Safe and Healthy......

Today, I want to show you my Pink Easter Tree.......

You may remember that for Christmas, I had a 7 foot pencil Tree in this corner of the Dining Room.....
I kept the Tree up but stripped it down and then re-decorated it for Valentine's Day.....
 I then stripped it down except for the lights and had Joe take it down to our storage shed that we rent.....
 I can only imagine what our neighbor's say about us......

Joe then brought back up a plant stand that I put a round top on, creating a table that "normally" sits in this corner of the Dining Room......
Many years ago, I bought a pink Tree on Clearance after Christmas for $5.00 with the thought of using it as an Easter Tree.....
I added a set of egg lights and a set of pastel Easter lights to the pink lights that were already on the Tree......
On a pedestal on the side of the Table.......
I bought this cute Bunny, from Hallmark, at a church flea market.....
On the window divider between the Living Room and the Dining Room......
I topped the Tree off with a bow made from 2 different types of Easter ribbon......
An Easter Bunny ornament hangs near the top of the Tree........
Other ornaments on the Tree are crosses......
Lots of eggs.......
  And Bunny ornaments......
Underneath the Tree on the table......
On the side.......
An egg cup and a painted wooden egg.......
A ceramic chocolate Bunny......
And a chocolate egg......
Another egg cup and wooden egg.....
To the side of the Tree on a marble topped stand.....
In a vintage milk glass bowl......
A sweet bunny......
The milk glass bowl is sitting on top of a pink depression glass, Cherry Blossom, sandwich tray.....
More bunnies and a ceramic egg sitting on a milk glass plate.........
Lit up in the evening......
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Pink Easter Tree......
In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of my Easter decorations in the Dining Room......
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I am linking up to these parties:

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, your tree is so pretty.I'm afraid I haven't pulled out any of my Easter yet, including my egg trees (not nearly so splashy and lush as yours!) I must get on that while in quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!
    Your Easter tree is very cheerful! I have/ have made both of those Easter crosses-- the ribbon one and the crocheted one. I am actually enjoying being home during the social distancing--- I'm getting a bit more done of craft projects-- but also, I'm doing more cooking-- which is fine. I also made 5 five masks today. I wish I could make 100. I have some old sheets to use. My heart breaks for those affected so much during this time.
    Thanks for the bright spot of your decorations!

    Liberty from B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and sweet Easter decoration.I do think Saint Joseph's Day is very important...Humility,resilience,perseverance,faith...He taught us all of this.Blessings,dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Courtney is able to graduate. Walking across the stage is a once in a lifetime experience! I love your Easter tree. It's something so charming, festive and something to take the mind off of these troubling times. As a fellow Polish, I'm glad to see the red! Great post! Can't wait to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many photos, my head is swimming. I really liked the serious part about your post...we do have to consider those who are making sure we are safe, have our necessities, and the kids, putting their lives on hold at such a crucial time. thanks for the reminder! Sandi---PS...no Easter stuff here, I'm sure it will be cancelled in Chicago area, regardless of what King Orange says!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom loved to decorate for all of the holidays. She made a special tree with hand-blown and painted eggs that were amazing. I still have them safely in a box. A few have broken over the last thirty years, but most are just waiting for the right moment to come back out. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your pink Easter tree is darling! You make a great point about remembering grocery workers. One of my closest friends is a manager at a local grocery store. She and her employees are dealing with conditions similar to first responders and health care workers. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for recognizing those who are still working hard to keep things going for the rest of us. Lovely tree as always Stay healthy and stay safe. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...