I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A Bit More Easter in the Kitchen

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
UPDATE: I APOLOGIZE IF YOU ARE SEEING LARGE WHITE BOXES WHERE SOME PICTURES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE...

WE HAVE NOTICED THIS ON MY BLOG AND ON OTHER BLOGS AND I DO NOT KNOW WHY IT IS HAPPENING...

IT IS AN ISSUE ON BLOGGER AND THEY DO KNOW IT IS HAPPENING ON MULTIPLE BLOGS....

HOPEFULLY, IT WILL BE CORRECTED SOON....


In previous posts, I shared my Easter Tree in the Kitchen.......
 And the "carrots" I made to use as ornaments.....
Click HERE if you missed that post......

In another post, I shared how I carried the carrot theme in Easter Decorating over to the Hutch.....
  Click HERE if you missed that post.......

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the rest of the Kitchen for Easter......

But first, I want to Thank Beverly and Gloria, over at Across the Blvd., for choosing my post, Pink Easter Tree in the Dining Room, as one of their features from last week's Snickerdoodle Create, Bake and Make Party!!!
Thanks so much, Beverly and Gloria!!

And now it is time for my personal Update:

You better sit down......

I have actually been cooking more now that our son Joey is living with us for the duration of this crazy time......

I know.....

I can't believe it myself!!!

One thing that I made which I have not made since both our sons moved out is this easy Campbell's Soup Recipe.....
Click HERE for the Recipe!!

I make it without the broccoli because I can not eat vegetables and Joey does not like it!

Joe has also been doing a bit of cooking.......

He has made his infamous pizza one night.......

Sorry, I forgot to take a photo....

And he also made an old family favorite recipe.......

Oven Porcupines....
 It is an easy way to make Pigs in a Blanket, an Eastern European favorite dish, only with out the cabbage!!

Click HERE if interested in the recipe.....

We make it in the oven and use Tomato Soup instead of sauce.....

My niece Renae has asked if I will be making some lasagna in the near future so that has been put on the list along with a Take Out delivery to Renae and my great nieces.....
  Practicing social distancing , of course!!

Joe was a happy camper when he received our Season Ticket Renewal for next year's Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguin's Hockey Season!!!
He is suffering Hockey Withdrawal BIG TIME but Thank Goodness there are many repeat Penguins games being shown on TV that he is amusing himself with by watching.....

I have been saying that Wegman's really shows their appreciation to their  employees and it is the little things that count.....
Check out the ingredients......
I have always said that they treat their employees very well and continue to do so in the midst of this Health crisis....

Did I mention before that my former Employer, the one who treated me so well (NOT!!!!), called to see if I was interested in returning to work?????????????????

WELL!!!!!

I told them NO!!!!

And that I just received my first Social Security check and was now officially retired and planned to stay that way and that by the end of April, my license to practice Nursing in the state of Pa. will have expired and NO, I would NOT be putting it into Inactive status!!

I do not think they will be calling me again!!!

Since our son , Joey, is staying here he has hooked another Roku up to our Living Room TV to stream shows and he has shown me how to use the free service provided by our cable provider to watch TV shows any time I want to and get TV Apps 24/7 using the Roku in the Den.....

This is in addition to our 3 DVR's!!

And one last thought...

Since the Diocese of Scranton has cancelled all Masses in all Catholic Churches here, most of the churches are now sharing their Sunday Masses on face book.

I have to say that during this time, I have gotten to attend Mass at almost all of our former priest's churches!!

It was great to hear Father Jim Paisley sing again as he has a beautiful voice and recorded several CD's for charities over the years
 To hear Fr. Michael Kirwin's thoughtful and deeply touching sermons, as he is also a clinical Psychologist, and his sermons always made me think that he was speaking directly to me and often made me cry...
  And to hear Msgr. Neil Van Loon's soft spoken and calming voice!! He had a great sense of dry humor!!
This has given me great peace and comfort.....

There is also another local church, the one that we had thought about joining, who is not only posting their masses on You Tube, but also the Rosary being said every Monday and Stations of the Cross on Fridays!!!!

I also love Fr. Jack Lambert's sense of humor!!
And now, many will be doing the same with all Masses for Palm Sunday and Holy Week and Easter itself....

One church will even be sharing the Eastern European Blessing for the Baskets on Face book!!

I have to honestly say that from the beginning of all of this, I have not attended Mass so many times in a period of a week like I have now!!

I do hope that the churches will consider doing this on a permanent basis.....

Are you seeing the same thing happening in your congregations?????

If you read my previous post, I mentioned that our parish will be getting a new priest and this thrills me more than anything because we were thinking of leaving our parish over the last few years as so many of our parishioners did but now, we will not be doing so!!

I do look forward to attending Mass in our beloved church again...

Today, as I mentioned, I will be sharing the rest of the Kitchen decorated for Easter and also a few projects that I did.....


I bought this tablecloth on Clearance at the end of last Summer.....
I used it to make 2 valances and a cafe curtain.....

Here is where I hung one of the valances.......
 I hung rooster ornaments on each side......
 I hung a bow that I made out of the same black and white checked ribbon that I used for the bow topper on the Easter Tree here in the Kitchen....
 I hung a cute Easter Bunny from the center of the chandy......
 On the former window sill......
This is my Ode to my Polish heritage......
 These are some Polish Pisanki Eggs........
 In Polish, Easter eggs are called pisanki ('peace-AHN-keeh'), which comes from the verb pisać, or 'to write'. ...The 'pen' in this process may be an ordinary needle or pin. ...While the batik technique is still practiced today, it is Poland's oldest way of decorating pisanki.
 I snagged these at a yard sale.....
 I tried to stick with a yellow, orange, green and red color theme for Easter decorations in the Kitchen....
 My MIL made this egg for me in ceramics class many years ago......
It says "Happy Easter" in Polish.....
Joe went to Catholic School and always tells the story about how for a month before Easter.....
The Nuns had them do nothing else but make Pisanki Eggs!!!
Sadly, he has none of the eggs he made.....
You may remember the Easter dish towels that I bought in Gabes.......
 Back in the corner on the counter......
I placed 2 vintage style eggs in my wire tea cup......
For several years, I wanted to hang a wreath on one of my Kitchen cabinet doors.....
 Finally, I saw a great and simple way on how to do so but I can not remember where I saw it....
A simple contact hook hung upside down......
 I bought the egg wreath at Michael's and I added the red roses and a few other flowers to it.....
Looking forward to hanging wreaths here for each Season and Holiday!!
 You may remember that I bought this in Gabes recently......
I added the carrots to it.....
I hung it here by the Beverage Bar area........
Our regular coffee mugs are now back on the Mug Tree.....
I put a deep yellow place mat down.....
The red bowls were bought recently at Gabes for 99 cents each!!
On top of the refrigerator......
 Again, I am trying to stick with the yellow, green, orange and red color theme for Easter in the Kitchen.....
  The green glass bunny basket was bought at The Christmas Tree Shop.....
The plastic yellow Bunny was mine as a child.....
The yellow tin was bought at Michael's at 90% off and I did the floral arrangement ......
The sweet Bunnies in front of the lamp was a gift......
The Counter Bar.......
 The evergreen garland that hung above the counter bar has been replaced with a floral garland and a feed bag garland.......
 I displayed vintage styled Easter eggs in my vintage yellow Fiesta ware Tea Cups ......
 A Spring like yellow runner on the counter bar.....
I made the red and white checked cafe curtain from that same Tablecloth that I mentioned before.....
I like how it goes with the new rooster rugs from Gabes......
On the side of the counter bar......
 I bought this unpainted wooden Bunny at Dollar Tree......
 I wanted to do something different with it other than just paint it and hang it.......
 You may remember that I made these from embroidery hoops for Christmas....
I had one large one left so I decided to use the left over fabric from the tablecloth.......
 I used orange and green gimp trim from my stash......
Painted Happy Easter orange and outlined it with a black marker......

Painted the Bunny and glued a vintage style Easter tag on it.......
I then glued green Spanish Moss and colored styrofoam eggs to the bottom of the hoop......
I would have preferred yellow eggs but these pink and aqua ones are fine.....
And I used things that I already had, shopping my Craft supplies....
And last, on my Easter Kitchen Tour is the valance I made to hang between the Kitchen and the Hall to soften the change of wall color.......
The valances and cafe curtain will stay here in the Kitchen until the Fall......

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated the Kitchen for Easter this year......

I sure enjoyed being able to craft some new things to use this year!!!!!

In my next post, I will be sharing Nelson Crest, decorated for Easter!!!!
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Over the Moon Linky Party
 Handmade Monday
Creative Mondays
You Are The Star Blog Hop
Metamorphosis Monday
Little Cottage Link Party
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Those polish eggs are beautiful and what a great idea to make curtains from an old tablecloth. Sounds like you and your family are enjoying some wonderful meals together. We're having homemade pizza tomorrow night and my son can not wait to make his flatbreads again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you have the most beautiful decor. I love peeking at all your treasures. I don't think I could pick a favorite item, but that tree still makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational. It was a joy to visit and admire all your Easter decor. Like you we have been listening to the local Church service via the internet. They are beautiful services however, I do miss the fellowship. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your household is eating very well indeed! Those meatballs look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your Easter kitchen at Vintage Charm. That lasagne looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...