I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Bright and Colorful Patio, Part 2, 2018

  Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing the other half of our back patio!!!

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, July 4th Front Porch and Yard, as her pick  from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Link Party!!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please link up to this great party!!!

In my last post, I showed you this half of the Patio......
 I call it my side of the Patio because this is where I usually sit......
 Click HERE if you missed that post......

As I mentioned before, I went with bright colors for the back Patio!!!
We have a small awning off the back of our townhouse to protect the Patio from the Sun......
In my previous post, I left off here at the back door.......
First, I want to share the area that I call "The Bump Out"....
 A few years ago, I added pavers to the middle area of the patio to accommodate a table, chair and an umbrella........
When we got a larger umbrella, I added another little area to move the umbrella out further into the yard so that we could open it without hitting the awning....
And YES, I was the one who laid the pavers......... after all I am a Carpenter's Daughter!!!!
I bought this lime green folding chair and table at Ross's several years ago.......
Looking out into the back yard from under the umbrella......
You can see that the chair and table fit perfectly here!!
 Now do I know what I am doing or WHAT??????

Looking out into the yard.......
Looking at the area from the back of the yard......
Now let's take a look at the right side of the Patio......
This is what I call Joe's side of the Patio.......
You can see why.........
Just like on the other side of the Patio, the edge of the yard is close by........
Here is where I have one of my Fairy Garden tubs........
 This side of the Patio is more of a work area.......
 It is where I kept all my garden tools and my Potting Table......
You may notice that the awning over the Patio does not extend the full length of the patio......
Since I live in a townhouse, I thought it would be a good idea to keep a small area to be able to put a ladder to get up to the roof if need be without having to access it by going into a neighbor's yard with a ladder.........

Again, I am a Carpenter's Daughter!!!

I decorate the outside walls like I decorate the inside walls.......
Subscribing to the Victorian philosophy of More is More!!
I bought the Welcome sign at Big Lot's this year.......
The "Born to Garden, Forced to Work" wooden sign was gifted to me many years ago by my dear neighbor, Elly, who recently passed away.......
I bought this mirror at a yard sale some time ago for $5.00 and I thought it would be perfect to reflect our small Cottage garden!!
 A hanging pot planted with pink begonias......
Garden plaques that I painted........
Over above the power box......
This side of the Patio is smaller than the other side........
One of the 2 new chairs that we bought at Wegman's this year.......
Has the style of an Adirondack chair but the look of wicker!!!
 We bought the cushion and pillow at J.C. Penney's this year on Clearance for 70% off......
Next to the chair is an old file cabinet that I painted bright colors......
It is perfect for storing garden tools and gloves and other garden items.......
And it is metal so it holds up well in all kinds of weather.......
On top of the file cabinet.......

You may remember that I bought these wooden birdhouse at a church flea market........
I painted a wood candlestick and the birdhouse and glued them together.......
Next to the file cabinet is something "new to me'........
A vintage step ladder that was my neighbor Elly's!!
I thought it would be perfect to put flower pots on!!
And I love the color of it!!

On the top of it is a planter with begonias........
And one planted with a marigold......
And another planted with an impatien......
 All these containers were bought at Dollar Tree.....
Over on the end of this side of the Patio........
Is the area where I have what I call my Potting Table......
When we first started taking care of my neighbor Elly's home because she was in a nursing home, her sons told me to take whatever I wanted from the home.........
She had this Baker's Rack in one of her back bedrooms and was using it for storage.......
3 years ago, I gave it a fresh coat of pink paint and now use it as my Potting Table......
It is butted up against my neighbor's garden shed and the fence between our yards to which I added privacy lattice to which hides a multitude of sins..........

The top of the Potting Table........
Update: after I took the original photos for this post, I bought some colored pots so I changed out the clay pots for a lime green and a bright pink pot.......
The bird cage was also from my neighbor Elly's house and I spray painted it bright yellow......
The bottom holds pots, sprinklers and a vintage enamel pot filled with potting soil.......
 I just realized that I forgot to move the birdhouse stake that I intend to paint out of the way when I took the photos!!!!

You can see in front of the Potting Table are pots in which I planted some flower seeds........
The tree to the left is a faux potted tree that I bought many years ago in Target and originally use as a decorated tree in the house..........
Now I have a set of solar lights on the Tree and the set also is strung along the entire length of the Patio.........
An Alberta Spruce in planted in a large pot at the edge of the Patio........
So this is what our small little Patio looks like for this Summer........
I think I have made the most out of our small yard and back Patio........

In my next post, I will be giving you an update on our Cottage Garden sharing what is blooming for the month of July!!!!
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

July Garden Party!!

Summer Time Fun Link Party

Gardens Galore #9 Link Up Party 

 MONDAY
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wow Us Wednesday on Summer Hiatus!

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party- on hiatus until September

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party- on hiatus
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. The patio is so inviting! Especially looking at the shade and the beer...wonder if he'll share? I brought home a 2 drawer filing cabinet to empty out the pile of papers my late mother-in-law has been saving since 1998. I was going to donate the file cabinet once I got it empty, but now I think that little sucker is going to get a makeover Ah-La-Debbie-Dabble! I'll let you know if and when I get that done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing more of your beautiful patio!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your yard and patio are so bright and cheerful!
    I picked your post for the July 4th Giveaway!
    Will you send your address so I can mail you the prize!
    Slegan@yahoo.com
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that mirror! And I also love your "His side of the patio". LOL! Marty and I spend time in the Barn looking at the pond on afternoon's that we can. We actually sit our chairs out right at the entrance of the barn. BUT...I have my side and he has his side. Funny what you get used too. Everything so adorable dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Debbie, your yard is a riot of color! I love the mirror with the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, my last post (Blame Debbie Dabble's Cute Filing Cabinet) is about your little filing cabinet. Wanted to let you know I borrowed a couple of your photos and added a link to your colorful porch. Thank you for all your imaginative creations! Life is a little bleak right now with the heat killing off my flowers, so seeing all your color is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe’s side of the patio is equally colorful and fun! I love how more is more and you live in color. Always fun visiting with you Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your patio is quite colorful! And all of the flowers are thriving. What a comfortable place to enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a feast for the eyes, a beautiful space. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie,
    OMG your patio is a blaze with color and looks amazing. That green chair and table are perfect. You must be out there all the time. I know I would. What a wonderful way to relax and enjoy your gardens.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Debbie your patio must give you both so much pleasure. It looks like such a happy spot. Judging by Joe's face in the photos it's the perfect spot to unwind and just appreciate all the lovely things you both have made and added over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So colorful and lovely, your flowers are beautiful. Nice job with those pavers!:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new chairs and Joe looks pretty happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...