I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, May 8, 2017

A View from the Den Windows

Welcome!!

We have been having unseasonably cold temps.and a lot of rain here lately.........
 Yes, that is almost 3 inches of rain in 3 days!!
So we have had to put our yard work on hold until we have some better weather.....

And because of that, I have been washing windows and taking down the curtains that I use for the Winter months and hanging curtains for the  Spring and Summer.......

But first, I want to Thank Linda, over at Crafts a la Mode, for featuring my post, Things are Starting to Bloom, from last week's What to do Weekends Party!!
Thanks so much, Linda!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

In a previous post, I showed you the wreaths that I made and hung on the Den windows outside in our little Patio off the back of our townhouse......
Today, I will be sharing the View from the Den Windows inside the house......
Have you noticed all the lace that is popping up in women's fashion lately???

I have seen many lace dresses and tops advertised for Spring and Summer.........

Usually, changes in home decor follow fashion so I am sure it will only be a matter of time before we start to see lace again in the form of curtains, pillows , etc..........

Lace has NEVER gone out of style in my home because I know what style I love and I do not care if it is not "The Style" of the day because it is the style that makes my heart sing!!

I switched out the curtains that I had hanging in the Den for the Fall and Winter months.....
You can see that there was 2 different colors of lace curtains......

I have now switched over to simple ivory lace swags for the windows in the Den........
 I do apologize that these photos are a bit dark but I took them on one of the days where we had rain all day long!!

This gives us a view of our back yard Cottage Garden from the Den during the Summer months......
I hung a simple ivory lace valance on the back door......
You can see the back yard through the window on the door......
The 2 windows in the Den.........
This picture was taken looking through the pass through from the Kitchen......
You see the Den was once a porch, open to the back yard.

When we bought the house before we were married, my Dad made it into an enclosed porch and later when we had our sons, he then made it into another room , taking off the back door and the window in the Kitchen, creating a play room for the boys.....
And now it is my room where I watch TV when Joe is watching his hockey and football games in the Living Room and it is where my main computer is located........
You can see the back yard through these windows.......
This is the view from the window next to the back door.......
You can see that the Tree that was here on this table, decorated for Christmas, Winter and St. Patrick's Day has been replaced with the Tiffany lamp that normally sits here.......
Let's take a look out this window......
This is the view from the chair where I sit and read some times......
The window right by the computer armoire where my main computer is........
I love to sit here by this window and look out into the garden.....
I enjoy watching the birds in the bird bath from this window!!
 
Of course, when we finally do have some warm seasonal weather and all my perennials start to bloom and I can plant all my flower pots with annuals and not be afraid of the threat of frost.......
I will enjoy seeing all the flowers in my back yard Cottage Garden, looking out through these windows!!

In upcoming posts, I will be sharing the Spring/Summer light peach lace curtains in the Living Room......
 Yes, the white tree is waiting to be decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays!!!
How I spruced up some existing wreaths that I  made a few years ago......
How the azaleas in the front yard look once they are in full bloom.....
And the Reveal of Joe's side of the Patio!!
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Anything Goes Fabulous Party

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. I love the lace curtains and that wreath is adorable. I need that on my front door. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful curtains... and the view outside the window is great also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful view to outdoors. lovely curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the light and airy lace curtains. They frame the magnificent view of your yard perfectly. I hope you will have a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh... I fell in love with your lace curtains!!! Your windows are wonderful
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lace curtains are pretty, and the view of the backyard through the den windows will be most enjoyable during the summer. You'll be able to watch the birds as they fly in and out of your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, You have a beautiful view from your den windows and the lace curtains are very pretty! I love how you stick to the style you love, it's as it should be! No doubt lace will make a comeback. I too have seen a lot of it in fashion lately :) Thanks so much for sharing with us! Pinned :) Take care of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so springy now with just your white lace curtains, and I totally agree, I don't decorate for what is the in thing I surround myself with things that make me happy :) How wonderful to sit in your room and look out at the flowering tree and all the goodies in your beautiful backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful Debbie. Lace is just perfect for framing Spring and Summer. I'm so sorry your weather has been rotten. I really hope it clears up soon so you can enjoy the beautiful outsoors

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the lace curtains too Deb, they are wonderful!!!I used to use them a lot!
    Thanks for sharing on Friday Features this week!
    Have a nice weekend-Happy Mothers Day!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother Day, love the lace curtains!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inviting view through your pretty lace curtains! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blooming tree is so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie I too love your lace curtains. They are so elegant and I believe lace never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful view from your den and your reading chair. I love lace curtains too and have a beautiful pair in my dining room. Your Tiffany lamp is gorgeous! #merrymonday

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...