I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Things are Starting to Bloom!!

Welcome!!

Finally, things are starting to bloom around here!!

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Easter in the Kitchen, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!!
Thanks so much, Bev, for your kind words!!

Please stop by and visit and link up to this great party!!!

This is my Forsythia, which I keep trimmed down because I do not want it to grow too large.
As you can see, it is already turning green......

This is my neighbor's forsythia........
Beautiful, isn't it??????

This greets us as we walk up the stairs to our front porch and sidewalk........
It is a type of Rhododendron and is in my next door neighbor's yard.......
This is a tree in our back yard.......
We already sprayed it with a mixture of Dawn and water because the Gypsy Moths loved the leaves on this tree and mowed them right down for the past 2 years.
The mixture of Dawn and water works well for killing the gypsy moths......

I have also been going through craft supplies that I had down our storage shed.

 These were things that I bought when I was selling crafts on Ebay and at local Craft Fairs......

After taking a few years off, I have decided that I will not return to being a vendor at local craft fairs.

It is too hard.

So I have been going through everything and donated most of what I felt I would not make for myself or make for gifts to our church for their upcoming flea market and to the local Volunteers of America Store.

I did come across several brand new pre- made wreaths that I wired together and made into 3 wreaths......

I decided to hang them on the back door and the windows of the Den .........

This is the one that I hung on the back door.....
The windows of the Den are under the awning of our patio in the back of our house......
We still have to set up the patio for the Summer season......
I thought these would freshen up the patio for this year.....
So things are finally starting to bloom around here........ both real blooms and pretty faux blooms!!

I have been under the weather a bit.....

I have been having issues with my Blood Pressure. I was on the same medication regime for over 10 years and all of a sudden, my Blood Pressure kept going up.

After 2 different visits to the Dr. and having 2 of my medications increased and times adjusted, I think we finally have things under control.

I am waiting for blood work to come back to make sure that the increase in my Blood Pressure isn't being caused by my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is an Auto Immune disease or by any other issues. So we will see.......

 I do hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

28 comments:

  1. W O N D E R F U L Post !!!Happy spring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreaths are beautiful! Love the colors. Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful... and lovely wreaths... they are so spring-like. Sorry to hear of your health issues... I hope you get feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie, fantastic spring photos! Have a nice weekend!

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are back to feeling better very soon.
    Your wreaths are lovely and those blooming bushes are just gorgeous. The snow you had didn't harm them at all.
    Happy Saturday
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blooms, flowers and wreath are gorgeous. Hope you are better
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it IS spring in your part of the world, and it looks just fabulous! ~jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my such lovely blooms to greet you when you come home, I sure hope that spray helps to keep the gypsy moths away from your pretty tree out back. You have done a beautiful job putting together your wreaths, great dressing up of your doors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope the Dr. can figure it out. I'm so glad that spring is on the way up there. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Debbie, I must say these blooms are gorgeous.. They just make me so happy to see their lovely colors. Spring has sprung and it has brought us all so much beauty. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI. I hope your health issues improve. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the spring flowers and trees Debbie. Your wreaths you made are just gorgeous. I do hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. Take care and enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better lady! Love the colors of the flowers and the wreaths are so pretty. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your spring wreaths are very pretty! I know you enjoy seeing the gorgeous blooms on bushes, trees and flowers this time of year. Enjoying all that nature has to offer is such a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie! I just love the spring colors this year!!! They seem very full and vibrant thisear. Hope your blood pressure issue is figured out...Enjoy the pretty Spring days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're feeling better and the blooms are beautiful. Our rhododendrons are very spindly for the second year in a row and we may have to replant them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your yard is gorgeous. I love seeing beautiful blooms like these. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy to see that spring has finally arrived for you! Your wreaths are so pretty and I love the way you hung two side by side on your patio windows. I can't wait to see your fairy gardens this year....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll say things are starting to bloom. Lucky you! It's all gorgeous, Debbie. Enjoy your beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It certainly lifts my spirits when spring has arrived and the Forsythia bloom. Glad you are getting to enjoy those gorgeous bushes! The wreaths you made are perfect to add some cheer to your outdoor space. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely blooms, both real and faux, Debbie. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely! Good tip about the dawn and gypsy moths; we had nothing left on ANY of our trees last year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, I hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blooms at Vintage Charm--I've pinned your lovely wreath to our Features & Favorites board.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry to hear about your health problem, doggone it anyhow. I have hypothyroidism, since birth. Been taking thyroid since pediatrician figured out what was wrong when I was 6 weeks old. Have never figured out what is Hashimoto's? If anything my blood pressure is low. Do have several health problems linked to hypothyroidism but nothing that keeps me from crafting and sewing. Sure hope your doc figures out what problem causing high blood pressure very soon.
    We had forsythia bushes like your neighbors at our house in KY, every Spring without fail they'd be decorating front of our yard along road. Have lilac bushes here (few miles west of Grand Junction, CO) but every other year get a chill when ready to bloom which stops them. Your neighbors rhododendrons are gorgeous. Do you get to pick any for your house? I have to be so careful what I bring into house due to allergies. It's very dry here so not all plants survive and we have lot of alkali in ground.
    Love your gorgeous wreaths.
    Take care of yourself, hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and to comment. I can not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am doing it here, hoping you will see this.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  24. Aaaw Debbie, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope those blood tests come back okay. Sending you loads of love from South Africa. Get better soon xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. So colorful!! I have to forsythia bushes in the front yard, yellow is my favorite color so I love when the bloom in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty wreath Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...