I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Summer Patriotic Decorations, Part 1, 2017


Welcome!!

Every year, I decorate for the Patriotic Summer Holidays!

I usually keep these decorations up all Summer long.......

Today, I will be sharing the first of my 3 Patriotic Trees........
In the corner of the Living Room, is a 6 foot white Tree that I have decorated......
I do want to point out the peach lace curtains in the background.

I changed out the other curtains and drapes for these peach lace curtains for the Summer which I have not used for a few years.

They have given the Living Room a light and airy look for the Summer!
The tree is decorated in red, white, blue and silver........
I placed a red, white and blue party decoration on top of the Tree because it reminds me of a firecracker and fireworks!!
Underneath it is a bow made from 2 different Patriotic ribbons and 2 mini flags.....
There are streamers made from 4 different kinds of Patriotic ribbons........
Also at the top of the Tree, is a wooden heart........
I used red, blue, white and silver garland, bought at Dollar Tree, a few years ago........
Many of the ornaments on this Tree were bought after Christmas on Clearance........
Red, white, blue and silver balls........
I made these ornaments using stickers, a few years ago....
Over the years, I was able to find some Patriotic ornaments........
I also used quite a few red, blue and silver star ornaments......
And you might remember these ornaments that I bought at J.C. Penney's after Christmas this past season........
The Patriotic Bear ornaments were bought several years ago at Micheals......
If you keep your eyes open and think a bit outside the box, you can buy ornaments after to Christmas to use for other Holidays and Seasons.......
I also decorated a bit underneath and around this Tree.......
On a pedestal on the side of the Tree........
Is an urn that I once used out of the front porch.......

Joe bought this boxwood ball at Wegman's at the end of the Summer season last year........
I strung some lights around it, placed it in the urn and tucked a few mini flags in it.......
An Uncle Sam figure sits in front of the urn........
Another Uncle Sam figure and a blue glass bottle with the face of George Washington on it rests at the base of the pedestal.......
3 Patriotic bears sit on a bench under the Tree......
They are all dressed in Patriotic garb!!!!
Another red, white and blue figure.......
On the chair next to the Tree..........
Sit 2 Patriotic bears..........
This Tree will stay decorated like this until the 4th of July is over and then maybe I might do something else with it.........
In my next post, I will be sharing 2 more Patriotic Trees and the rest of my Patriotic Summer decorations........
So I hope you will be back to visit again!!

  I am linking up to these parties:

Celebrate the USA Link Party!

 Home Town America Red, White and Blue Linky Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I love your patriotic tree! I haven't done a tree in a while.My youngest daughter has out her red, white and blues. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trre looks beautiful! I can't imagine where you keep all your decorations since you do so much all through the year! Thanks for sharing this! Have a beautiful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the patriotic tree you made, i like very much the american decors
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful patriotic corner you have there, and you have quite the wonderful collection of ornaments you have found, Love the teddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Patriotic tree this year is the prettiest you've done so far! I think the rippled ribbons down each side are my favorite part! Have a safe and fun holiday week end....hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patriotic decorations are perfect for Memorial Day, Flag Day, and July 4. You have quite an extensive collection of red, white, and blue decor -- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie you have gotten the red, white and blue out in full force. The tree looks great and I really love your little stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your patriotic trees are always so festive. What a great job! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way to show your patriotism, Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, Sorry I've been missing is actions for a while, tied up with family things, but I wanted to stop by and see your beautiful decorated tree! It's really gorgeous!! Love those new ornaments you added too. Pinning! Hope you are having a lovely summer so far! Take care of you and Joe! ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...