I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Back Yard Project, 2017

Welcome!!

Once again, we went from extreme below average temps. to extreme above average temps., even breaking a record the other day with a high of 90!!

Joe and I took advantage of the crazy weather we are having here in NEPA to do a project in the back yard.......

First, I want to Thank Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring my post, The Patio Project, My Side, Part 2 , from last week's Home and Garden Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

I wanted to extend the vinyl privacy lattice on the right side of our yard to look like the left side of the yard......
2 years ago we attached lattice to the chain link fence and arbor using zip ties!!

This is how the left side of the yard looked last year......
You can see that we had already attached lattice to the fence but I also wanted a bit more privacy since we live in a row of 10 townhouses.......

Thank goodness we live directly behind a Lowe's store........

Joe went down to pick up the piece of lattice in his SUV, which is not a large SUV...........

This is Joe as he pulled into our parking lot in front of our house......
Yep!!

He drove home the short distance with the lattice on his head!!!!
Just as he pulled in, he got a call from one of our neighbors......
You can see that the lattice just fit in his SUV........
Many years ago, Joe and our youngest son walked home with a piece of lattice and as I watched from our hill which looks down at the back of Lowe's, I heard some workers in the back say " Look at those idiots"!!

LOL!!

This is how the left side of our yard now looks.......
We attached the lattice to the fence, other pieces of lattice, the trellis and the large piece of lattice that is attached to the awning with zip ties.......
Now the both sides of our yard look the same......
It blocks the view of one of our neighbor's sun room off the back of their house......
You can see the top of the lattice better in this photo........
This is how the back yard now looks.......

The right side.....
We used this type of lattice many years ago for the back of the fence because there was no need for privacy in the back because of the slope that is behind us.......
 For years now, I have mentioned that our back yard is like a "Secret Garden".......

This is why..........

I took these photos as I sat on the Patio this morning with a cup of tea ..............

The left side of the patio.........
And the left side of the yard......
 Looking toward the back of the yard......
 You can see the new lattice extension on the right side of the yard.......
 And right up to where the Patio is.....
 Can you tell that there is a row of another 10 townhouses on the top of the slope behind my yard??????

As you can see, no one can actually see into our yard.........

And that is why I sat out in the patio this morning in my night gown and robe, sipping my tea!!!

No wait.......

I lied......

I was being watched!!
LOL!!

I also sat there and watched this robin........
 Building a nest in one of the trees in the back yard.......
 This was a tell tale sign of nest building......
 So I guess we will be having baby robins soon........
 I will be sharing more of our back yard Cottage Garden in the future.....
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Anything Goes Fabulous Party  

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Debbie, your project is looking great. Your hubby sounds like mine, any man that would drive home with lattice on his head is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, I love seeing what you have going on and the updates in our garden and yard. I love being outside.
    Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features his week!
    Hugs
    Karren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using white lattice, you're able to achieve privacy and a nice backdrop for your garden without sacrificing the light and airy feeling that makes the space so enjoyable. Especially if you're covering a chain link fence and views of neighbors' houses, the white lattice is the perfect thing. It really fits with the ambience of your patio and garden art pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white lattice looks great and perfect for your wonderful patio
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your secret garden is so cute!Love your visitors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pretty trellis give your great privacy whilst still being in keeping with the style of your garden, what a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your hubby was packed into that car to get that home, I am surprised he made it..... I bet you're happy to have all privacy now, I would love to have a bit more privacy but our yard is just too big. Enjoy your secret garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an amazing husband and a gorgeous backyard. It looks so cozy and lovely spot. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I'm jealous of your pavers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lattice really gives it a cozy feel! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zip ties--how clever! Looks great and I love the squirrel photo ;) Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...