I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, April 3, 2023

Easter Front Porch/Yard and Home Tour, 2023


 

 

 

 


 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 UPDATE
 
I  will be posting on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY until Easter

I will do this so I can get all my Easter posts done before Easter which is on the 9th....

On Monday, April 10, I will go back to posting twice a week....
 
Easter sort of crept up on me in regards to posting my decorations.... 
 

 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
In my last post, I shared my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest, decorated for Easter...


 

 

 And a few Easter decorations in the Hall and in the Powder Room.....

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 Today, I will be sharing my Annual Easter Home Tour.....

I normally do not decorate the Front Porch and Yard much for Easter as the weather here in NEPA at this time of year is quite fickle....

We can go from sunny with temps. in the 60's to snowing and temps in the 20's.....

BUT...

Last year, Joe bought a bunch of Easter items at 90% off that I decided I would use to decorate the Front Porch for this year....
 
$1.50


$1.50

 

$1.60

$1.10

 

I also bought these 2 new mini flags for Easter from Ollies...

And here is the Front Porch decorated for Easter this year...

I packed away all the Winter decorations about 2 weeks ago....

And had Joe bring the porch furniture up from the storage shed that we rent....

I will not decorate the porch for Summer with the addition of the rug, seat cushions, pillows and outdoor decor items and garden art until after Easter....

 And I will not plant any type of flowers in my pots until close to Memorial Day because of the threat of frost til then....


If you followed my Blog for some time, you will remember that I have had an ongoing dispute with my neighbor who was continually feeding squirrels which were causing damage in my yard and other neighbor's yards...

After going back on his word to stop several times, I severed all contact with him and had to threaten him with legal action last year....

He stopped feeding the squirrels but started to feed chipmunks out in front of our house and one of my neighbors even had a chipmunk in her house last Summer...

This led to another confrontation with him, myself and other neighbors...

A week ago, he informed me that my pots on the sidewalk in front of my house is in violation of our HOA rules...

I know this but I always had permission from the HOA President as the sidewalk is common ground and owned by the HOA...

So rather than ask for permission of the new HOA Council, I decided that 2 can play the same game and I bet I am much better at it then he is....

 I moved the one pot off the sidewalk that I currently had there and developed a new plan for planting my flowers and putting my pots in different places out front..

 

For now, because it will not be until close to Memorial Day when I plant my annual flowers, I left the greenery from Winter in some of them....

I placed this one right at the edge of the sidewalk on the front porch....


I placed the Bunny Garden stake in this pot....


 
 
 
 I hung an egg wreath that I made some years ago on the front door....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 I bought the Welcome Spring sign to the left of the door at a flea market...





I hung some Easter signs on the porch...

 
I made a bow for the front porch light from ribbon that I had in my stash....





I tucked 2 Easter lawn stakes from Dollar Tree into the Tree in the corner of the porch...


I made another bow for the top of this tree...


Since I will not be putting pots in front of the railing like in past years, I sent Joe to buy these from Dollar Tree that fit perfectly in front of the railing but on my porch!!!


I will plant marigolds in them eventually...


So there will be flowers in the front of the porch this year BUT on my porperty...


I spray painted this long planter that was in the back and brought it out front and placed it between the porch and front flower bed....

I will plant marigolds in this one too!!


You may remember the Amish Buggy Wheel that Joe bought from the Amish Farmer that sets up a Farmer's Market down the road from us in the Summers....

 
I brought it out to the front of the house and placed it below the Living Room window....


I decided to wrap a set of lights around it and added it to the timer that is set from Dusk til Dawn for all my outdoor lighting...


I moved these pots into the flower bed under the Living Room window from the back of the house and will plant impatiens in them....


 
From the porch....



I moved these large square pots from the flower bed onto the retaining wall and left the greenery in them for now...


I did spray paint the small pots in the holders black....


I tried to move the large planters that were here to the back myself but I only made it to the porch when my son, Jim, came to my rescue and took them out back for me!!




I moved a bunch of pots from the back to the front....

 
For now, I moved the greenery from those large planters to 2 small pots and added a few lilac branches that Joe cut off the Tree in the back....



That fiasco, including me being the one to get hurt because I tripped over the cord of a new chain saw Joe bought against my wishes, will be in another post...



I am okay even though I landed on my right hip ....

At least it was not my right knee where I had joint replacement surgery!!!

I moved this pot, which was in front of the middle pillar of my house and the one next door, here for now..


I used my new mini Easter flags out front...
 
 
 
I moved another put out here to the park bench after I sprayed it black first....

 
I then gave the other 2 pots a new coat of black paint to match the other one....



I moved the vintage watering can over here and left the greenery from the Winter in it for now....



And placed another pot here...



So let's just say that the "Squirrel Feeder's" attempt to decrease the number of pots planted with flowers in front of my house, failed miserably because I NOW will have MORE pots with flowers planted in them....
 
BUT....
 
None will be on the sidewalk!!
 
LOL!!
 
The outdoor lights in the front of my house are on a timer and stay on from Dusk til Dawn....
 

 
I am very happy that i moved the Amish Buggy wheel here....




 
 
And now, my annual Easter Home Tour......



The LIVING ROOM


























Click HERE and HERE if you missed these posts.....



The DINING ROOM





















Click HERE and HERE if you missed the posts on the Dining Room....



The KITCHEN



 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 



















Click HERE and HERE if you would like t see the posts on the Kitchen...


NELSON CREST


 

 

 The Hall Way....


And The POWDER ROOM.....

 

 

 


Click HERE to see this post....

I hoped you enjoyed seeing my home decorated for Easter this year!!

I had a lot of fun doing so and may I remind those who think of it as WORK, it is PLAY for me!!

In my next post, I will be sharing my dear friend Anne Marie's home all decked out for Easter this year....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY!!!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you fell! I'm glad you didn't land on your knee, but I am sorry you are banged and bruised.
    I am in love with your Easter Egg Wreath.
    I am especially in love with your plot to thwart the squirrel feeder. I like to indulge in some passive aggressive techniques with people like that, too. He thinks he is so special. He doesn't understand that he is just like everybody else. And at the end of the day, your home will look even better with all the extra flowers!!!
    Your home is so festive with all your Easter decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fall? Oh no! That sounds grim and while I know it could probably have been much worse, it still doesn't make it good. On the plus side, the egg wreath on your door is so pretty! I do love your porch and all your pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch is so cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flag and egg wreath! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 107. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike neighbor disputes. Hopefully he will not say anything more to you, plus as you said, nothing is on the sidewalks! Ornery one you are. ;) The wagon wheel looks great all lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that brightly colored Easter egg wreath on your front door. The porch decorations make your entryway so cheerful and inviting. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 59.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you heal quickly after your mishap! My favorites spotted are the "welcome" sign on the front porch, the cute pink and green stuffed bunny set, and your Easter tree. I'm afraid you wouldn't like me as a neighbor as I feed all the birds and critters! LOL But I live in the woods with neighbors spread far apart. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...