I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, April 21, 2023

Hudson Railroad Model Train Club and a Few Garden Projects, 2023




 

 

 

    Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing a hidden treasure in our area, The Hudson Model Railroad Club's Train display along with a few more garden projects...... 


In my last post, I shared a few New Buys for the back Patio...
 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 I want to Thank Barb, over at The French Ethereal, for choosing my post, 2 Easter Tablescapes and Easter Wrap Up,  as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party!!!

 
Thanks so much, Barb!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!
 
 
 I had hoped to post my Early Spring back Patio but no such luck....

Hopefully, on MONDAY in my next post...

 

 I do want to share a few more Garden projects that I did for the front porch and in the yard...

I added a few more faux leaf bunches to 2 existing arrangements that I have used out in the Front Porch for several years....
 
I use these large deep orange lanterns as planters...

 
 First I placed a galvanized tray on top of this small wrought iron table....

 
I freshened up this arrangement by adding 2 new faux greenery bushes.....


This is the second lantern with this arrangement in it.....

I added 2 more bushed of faux greenery to this arrangement also....


Last year, when this watering can had rusted through the bottom and would not hold water anymore, I hung it from a shepherd's hook.....

I decided to spray paint it orange and I hung it out in the front yard after I filled it with some faux greenery....

 
 
 
 I will plant yellow marigolds in this pot when it will finally be safe from frost.....
 
 
I also gave this wrought iron bicycle plant holder a fresh coat of orange paint....
 
 
 With yellow marigolds planted in it, it will give a pop of color to this area of my flower bed....

In a previous post, I mentioned that I placed the bowl of a bird bath on top of a wrought iron one, making it a larger area for the Birds to bathe in...

I took the stand from it and found that this pot, which was once a hanging pot, fit in it perfectly....

The pot was a faded green so I gave it a new coat of black paint....

 
I placed it here on the retaining wall between my neighbor's townhouse and line...

 
I will plant it with red and maybe white impatiens and now think that I will plant marigold's in the square pots instead of coleus....


Those are some new projects I did out in the front until I can plant my annuals which I will not do until the threat of frost is past which hopefully, will be the week after Mother's Day....

Well, I wasn't going to freshen up this flower bed by our mailboxes but since I am the one who dug it out, enlarged it and planted everything in it, I figured I had better do it rather than our HOA have to pay someone to do so.....

This is how it looked after I raked up and disposed off all the dead leaves that blew into it from the side of our road........

 
 I then weeded it and cut back a few perennials that I did not have a chance to last Fall....
 
 
 
 
 
 I then pulled out all the rocks in the border and put them back in after straightening it out....
 
 
 
 
 
 I extended it last year as the HOA dug out a huge dead arborvitae tree on the end to the right.....

 
Last year, I planted a few perennials that I divided from my yard and some of my neighbor's yards that I take care of.....

 
 And I planted a slip that was coming up in my neighbor's yard from a Rose of Sharon Tree....
 
 
 
  It looks like everything will come back this year...

 
I then mulched everything....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I always say that it is amazing what a fresh coat of mulch does for a flower bed....


The next day, I decided to split the one large hosta on the edge of the flower bed as it grew onto the black top where our mail boxes are last year....

 
 
Easier say then done because I think the roots went all the way down to the Shopping Center on the side of our development!!!


I did manage to split about half of it.....



Then I divided what I took out in several bunches to transplant....

 I put 3 bunches into this flower bed.....




 And watered them.....

 
I also had Joe go and grab 3 nice rocks from another area of common ground in our development where they have a slope and nothing but rock is on it....



Much better!!

 I also raked up all the dry grass and dead leaves from the grassy area next to our mail boxes....

Now I am done with this area for the Spring....

 

I did plant another bunch from that hosta by our steps in the yard next door and hopefully, as it grows, it will disguise the stump from the dead arborvitae we cut down when we landscaped our neighbor's yard....


 

And I planted 2 more bunches in 2 pots out in the back yard.....




I will water them again tomorrow before the rain that we are supposed to get comes....


About 2 weeks ago, Joey, Joe and I went to see what I call a Hidden Treasure here in the area where we live....

 
This is the Hudson Railroad Model Train Club Layout in the second floor of an American Legion building only 10 minutes from us....


 
Joe and I went to see this right after Christmas in 2019 and then the Pandemic hit....

 
Here is some info from their web site....

 
"The Hudson Model Railroad Club was founded in 1980 and we moved into our current location in 1982.  We open our doors to visitors in the Summer and Winter"
 

  
"We operate an era neutral layout with two mainlines and one branchline. Our layout is powered by a Digitrax DCC system"
 
 
 
 
  
 "It is always exciting to see the smiles on peoples faces as they walk around and view our layout. During the holiday season we will open our doors to the public on select weekends from November to January"
 
 
 
 
"Admission to all of our open houses is free, but donations are greatly appreciated"
 


 
I will let the pictures of this phenomenal display do the talking!!!
























My son Joey....


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Joe....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
They have many pictures of some of the local railroads from times gone by!!






Their members are there to answer questions.....

I wish this was open to the public when my sons were little as they would have loved seeing this as any young child would!!

Of course, we gave a generous donation because it is really something to see!!!
 

And I will leave you today with a Sunset from my front porch!!!





And the same Sunset from my back yard....







 I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. I always love visiting your blog to see all the projects that you have going. You certainly have a knack for both Gardening and Decorating! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! And thanks so much for you very kind words...I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. As usual, your garden designs are fabulous! All your plantings and arrangements look so wonderful already, I can't wait for flowers.
    Those trains would be very popular around here. My husband is a retired railroader as was his father. Two of my sons worked for the railroad for almost two decades until "downsizing" after Covid. One son had already been rehired as a private contractor (but somehow remaining on the insurance and retirement plans) and the other son will return starting Monday. He took another job after being "eliminated" and really liked it, but a number of factors went into returning back to the railroad job he really liked, too. Meanwhile - trains are very popular with this group! I can't park in our garage because one bay is a model railroad for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks ahead of mine, hosta are just poking through the ground here. I'm trying to get outside as much as possible now the nice weather is here, so website has been a bit neglected. Today is a rainy day and it is playing havoc with my arthritis. We used to go to the model train show when the grandkids were young, but they aren't interested in it anymore and with Covid it seems to have disappeared. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the trains Debbie. They remind me of my grandfather, he had a set up in his basement like this with all sorts of buildings, restaurants, movie theater, trees, grass, the works. I always thought I would end up with it, but it appears I will not since we do not have enough room in our home for it. We chose a cozy cottage that does not accommodate 2 8 ft tables. Well, here's to hoping we figure it out soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing model train setups. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 109. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The model train set-up is fascinating. Love your spring projects! Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 62.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS Debbie! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 110!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have a little railroad museum or club or something like that that I can remember going to as a child with my father and sister. It was always so much fun to see the details and watch the trains going around.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...