I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Winter/ Valentine's Home Tour, 2021

 

 

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I want to mention that since Blogger changed to a new format for posting, if you can click on each picture if you care to enlarge it...... 
 
 
Today, I will be taking you along with me on my annual Winter/ Valentine's Home Tour.....

But first, I want to Thank to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Pink Valentine's in the Dining Room ,as one of her features from last week's Over the Moon Link Party!!!
 

Thanks so much, Bev!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this great party!!! 

The snow continues to fall here......

A few inches every other day.....

4-5 inches on Tuesday......



I did get out and enjoy the fresh cold air and great exercise that shoveling provides......
 

 I did do my neighbor's sidewalks again.....



And we had another inch or 2 of snow this morning with more promised for the weekend!!!

Honestly, I am loving this Winter with it's cold and all the snow......

It reminds me so much of the Winters of my childhood when I had so much fun sleigh riding, building snow men and snow forts in my parent's back yard.....

And it is great not having to drive to work in the snow even though I was never afraid of that....
 
I was more afraid of the people who did not know how to drive in it and were still out on the roads anyway.....

AHL Hockey has started and as Season Ticket Holders for our Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins,
we were given FREE access to AHL LIVE Streaming service so now Joe is able to watch, not only our Pens, but all AHL Hockey games.....

I don't think that I have seen him smile like that in many months.....



He is usually quite miserable with a scowl on his face.....


He does not adjust well to change and while I am truly having the time of my life being home, he has no idea what to do with himself now that he is home......
 
Joe is a people person who thrives on being out and about and talking to every body and any body....

Me, on the other hand, have no desire whatsoever to be out and about with other people.....

Working in the profession I did, dealing with people and their families when they are at their worst, when they are ill, before this Pandemic changed how healthcare providers are now precieved, I have had my share of dealing with people and I am thoroughly enjoying myself being away from them.....

Hopefully, Hockey will cheer him up....


Okay, let me start my Tour of our townhouse, both inside and outside, decorated for Winter and Valentine's and American Heart Month.....

I started after New Year's with changing over the front porch and yard from Christmas to Winter.....

 

 Winter Front Porch and Yard, 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE to see this post....


Then about a week and a half ago we had.........

A 3 Day Winter Storm

Click HERE to see the post about this 3 Day Snow Storm

 

The snow melting has formed icicles on the overhang directly above our front porch and sidewalk....

I am glad that I decorate the front of our house for Winter and keep it lit up at night especially with all the snow we have....


Next, I changed over the Den from Christmas to Winter.....

"The Forest and The Trees": A Winter Wonderland in the Den

Click HERE if you would like to se this post....


"It Takes a Village or Two" : Winter Wonder Land in the Den


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed this post....

The Den is the only room that is solely decorated for Winter.....


I then removed anything having to do with Christmas in the Powder Room and replaced it with a few Valentine's decorations.....

Winter Blues with a Few Red Hearts in the Powder Room.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Click HERE to see this post..... 


I decorated the Kitchen for Winter with a touch of Valentine's decor.....

Winter Birds and Holiday Harlequin in the Kitchen.....


 Click HERE if you would like to see this post.....


Snow Men and Red Cardinals in the Kitchen

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE to read this post.....


I re-decorated the Dining Room for Valentine's using mostly pink and added a few vintage touches....

Pink Valentine's in the Dining Room

Click HERE if you missed this post.....


Once again, as in past years, I decorated the Living Room for Valentine's in a red and gold theme but this year, I added another Tree......

A Tale of 2 Valentine's Trees in the Living Room

Click HERE if you would like to see more of these Trees....


Vintage and Victorian Style Valentine's in the Living Room

 

 Click HERE to see this post.....

 

The hall way to the Kitchen..... 

 


 

And this is my other house, Nelson Crest, decorated for Winter....

 Winter at Nelson Crest

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed this post.....

 

I will be keeping these decorations up until the last week of February when I will start to do some Spring cleaning and Easter decorating.....

I hope you enjoyed my Home Tour for this Winter Season ...

I have thoroughly enjoyed changing the look of our home by decorating it for different Holidays and Seasons..... 

Sure beats the cost of remodeling!!

  I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

16 comments:

  1. It was fun to have a "refresher" on all your winter decorating. My granddaughter's favorite is always your dollhouse.

    We have had our share of snow this year, too. Last week the kids were off school three different days so I had a houseful of grandchildren. Last night only brought about an inch and a half, so the buses rolled. My husband was out with his snowblower to clear our walks and driveway as well as a few of our favorite neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow looks fabulous. It also looks like there is so much it won't melt till July! Keep cozy and have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the winter photos of your home. So much to look at. I can tell you love decorating. And all that snow you're getting. So pretty. We're getting some snow this weekend and I'm so excited. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words!! Thanks too for taking the time to comment and to visit!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  4. I always like to see snowy landscapes. In my area (Lisbon in Portugal) it never snows. But ... we always have beautiful springs and very pleasant summers.
    Your garden is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to see snowy landscapes. In my area (Lisbon in Portugal) it never snows. But ... we always have beautiful springs and very pleasant summers.
    Your garden is very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had so much snow, too. It's been a little too cold for my taste, but at least with all the snow, it feels good staying in. Your decor is always lovely. I'm also in awe of all your energy, decorating, shoveling! Wow, you are a dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo...I am loving all the cold here too! The fireplace is constantly lit...the hot drinks are mmmmm...and staying indoors is so cozy!

    Your home is just lovely...I look forward to new posts!

    Thank you for being a bright spot in our lives!

    xoxo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks once again for stopping by!! I enjoy the Winter and I do not mind the cold as I do better physically when it is colder...
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. HI Debbie, Oh I wish we had snow! I love your Valentine's decor. Stay warm! laura in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your winter and valentine decor is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snow! Ours has turned to ice today. Warming up and now we will all have a soggy mess. I am hoping for a lot more. Love all of your Valentines and winter decorating. I love red. Happy St. Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How festive, Debbie, and all the more so against the snow. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one busy lady! Pinned to Encouraging Hearts and Home! Thanks for sharing with EHH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a lot of snow, Debbie! Thanks for sharing your home tour at Celebrate Your Story! Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your decorations always amaze me. So pretty. (Do you want to come decorate my home?) Thanks so much for sharing this at our Party in Your PJs link party.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...