I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Winter Birds and Holiday Harlequin in the Kitchen.....

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I want to mention that since Blogger changed to a new format for posting, if you can click on each picture if you care to enlarge it...... 
 
Today, I will be sharing part of my Kitchen decorated for Winter with a touch of Valentine's.....
 

I decorate the Kitchen in a red, black and white color theme for Winter, mainly using a red plaid and Holiday Harlequin dishes in the Hutch.....

As I shared so many times before, this wall serves no purpose as far as cooking in the Kitchen.....


It is solely for decoration........

How I wish I had more room in my Kitchen for more areas like this!!!

I changed out the vintage aprons that hang on each side of the wall with Valentine's ones......

 
A bit of evergreen greenery in the vintage grinder......

Snow men and a red cardinal hanging on the wall above where the Winter Tree is.....

A Snow Man plaque that I made hangs over a very nondescript picture on January's calendar.....

Below the chair rail.......

I taped pictures of Winter Birds to the chalkboard.....

A cute Snow Man sits on top of a vintage loaf pan.....

 

 On the side of the Hutch, is the Tree that I decorated with Winter Birds and bird houses......

 

 After stripping it down after Christmas, I added a red berry vine to the Tree.....
 


 


 I topped the Tree with a bow I made from a red cardinal ribbon and a red and black plaid ribbon.....



 

 The Tree is decorated with mostly red cardinals......

Bird Houses......

Winter Bird ornaments......

Red Hearts.....

Crocheted snow flake ornaments......

And I tucked small bunches of Buffalo Snow into the Tree.......


At the base of the Tree is a pair of vintage little boy's skates.....

  

 

 

 In the evening.....

 

 

 I decorated the Hutch for Winter, using Holiday Harlequin dishes bought at Wegman's a few years back.....

 
 
  
The top of the Hutch.....

 

 I placed vintage white enamel pans with red trim in back of vintage canisters.....

Another bow made from cardinal and plaid ribbon......

 
 
 Top shelf.....


 I love the black and white Harlequin pattern of these dishes.....

 

 I did add some of my "normal" things that I keep in the Hutch ....

 

 


 Bottom shelf.....

 

This green bowl filled with vintage Kitchen utensils and cookie cutters.......

 

 


 

 

 I decorated the desk area of the Hutch with red cardinals.....

 

In the corner.....

Is a bottle brush tree with red cardinals on it.....


 I framed a picture from a calendar....


 The larger Red Cardinal Tea Set came from Wegman's......

 

 The quilted place mat has Winter Birds on it....

The Light Post with red cardinals on it was bought at Gabes......

 

 And  I bought the mini red cardinal tea set at a flea market.....

 

 In the corner is a vintage white milk glass lamp....

 

 

Under the desk area.....

On a copper tray on top of a vintage picnic basket.....

Another black and white Harlequin tea pot.....

A few Snow Men......

On the right side of the wall......

Another Valentine's apron......

A few Valentine's things hanging below the chair rail......

 

 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated my Winter Bird Tree and Hutch in the Kitchen for Winter with a touch of Valentine's......

I finally finished decorating the entire downstairs for Winter and Valentine's!! 



It took me about 2 1/2 weeks to change everything over from Christmas .....



There is a total of 12 decorated Trees downstairs for Winter/Valentine's.....
 
I only packed away one small Tree and re-decorated the rest of them after Christmas.....


 Haven't even started to take down Christmas upstairs but it will be done by the 3rd week of Feb. because that is when I will start to change over to Easter downstairs.....



I have some craft projects I want to work on before I start the upstairs....

In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of the Kitchen all decked out for Winter.....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

 
  FRIDAY
 Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Farm House Fridays
Flaunt It Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Red is a color I love along with purple. I love those mini tea sets. I am still putting the last of the Christmas bins up. Pretty Valentines decorations. Gosh, February is almost here. No snow to be seen here yet. I am hoping for a lot of it in February.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those harlequin dishes really set off the wall in the kitchen. Very pretty, I especially love the tea pot. I noticed that tin picnic basket, too. I am a sucker for those, especially at flea markets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh your house just has the wow factor. So many fun decorations and what a fun way to make the home festive.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is my favorite color and you have so much lovely, bright use of it in your kitchen. Love the cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to look at once again, but I must admit the vintage picnic basket jumped out at me it was beautiful. Along with some amazing vintage utensils and red cardinals you have made a display with so much interest. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Debbie! You had me at cardinals! So much going on here -- and so very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Deb for stopping by to share all your fun decorations and so many trinkets, always so much fun to take in your blog! I hope you find a fun way to enjoy your week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to see how your tree will look for each holiday! So beautiful, as always! Thank you for sharing at Charming Homes and Gardens Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty winter cardinals! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at winter birds....
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop! Your beautiful winter decor is one of my features at this week's hop! See you there!
    Melissa | Little Frugal Homestead

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...