I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Winter Blues with a Few Red Hearts in the Powder Room.....

 

 

 

 

 

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I want to mention that you can click on each picture if you care to enlarge it...... 
 
Today, I will be sharing how I changed out Christmas in the Powder Room for a few Valentine's decorations, keeping most of the Winter decorations out..... 
 
 But first, Thanks to Lisa, over at Lisa's Everyday Life, Kris and Larry, over at Kris and Larry.com, and Michelle, over at Moms are Frugal, the "Family" hosting Team, for choosing my post, December's Word of the Month: BLESSED, as one of their feature's from December's month long You're the Star Blog hop!!!!
 

Thanks so much!!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this great party!! 
 
I have been busy packing away Christmas downstairs and re-decorating the downstairs for Winter and Valentine's for the past 2 1/2 weeks now....
 
I changed over the outside of the house to Winter decorations.....
 
 
 
 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post....

And I shared how I decorated the Den as a Winter Wonderland
 

 

 

 

 

 

And that "It Takes a Village or Two" in the Winter Wonderland.....

 

 

 

 

 

In my previous post, I shared what my Theme for the Year is....

MINDFULNESS

And soon I will be doing a post about what Goals I have for this year.....

 I finally finished packing Christmas away in the Living Room and today will start to re-decorate it thus completing the entire downstairs....
 
It usually takes me over 3 weeks to do the downstairs so I am glad to have been able to do it a little quicker this year....
 
In February, I will start the upstairs.....
 
There is no hurry to take down Christmas upstairs since I will then be returning it to "normal"

The Powder Room was the first room that I changed over after Christmas because there truly was not much to do in that room since I decorate it with Snow Buddies for Christmas......

I changed out the Christmas wreath on the door for a Valentine's wreath that I made.....


I hung a Valentine's slate in the center.....


And I left the skates that I bought in Big Lot's this past season out, hanging them from this wreath.....

I took down the Winter evergreen swag that hung above the door, moved it out to the Den and hung another wreath that I made in it's place....

In the corner by the sink.......


A silver heart ornament hanging from the shelf.....

Switched out a blue bottle brush tree for a red one.....


Left the Snow Buddies on top of the medicine cabinet......



Kept out the Christmas cards that I put in frames.....

Took down Christmas ornaments that hung on the shelf unit and added skate ones....

 Again, changed out a blue bottle brush tree for a red one.....

 

 

  I did move some Snow Buddies around on the bottom shelf of this wall unit....

 

 I have a few sets of towels that I change weekly.....

Snow Man ones....

 

Plain gray with a white snow flake one......

 

 And these Tree ones that Joe bought in the beginning for the Season in Big Lot's.....

 

 I moved one of a set of 3 battery operated silver mercury glass trees to the top of the commode.....

 

 I removed all Christmas ornaments from the Tree.....

 

And replaced them with red heart ornaments.....

 

 And some silver heart ornaments too.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Removed a few Santa's on this shelf and replaced them with a heart box.....

 On this small shelf, I added a vase with red roses and a bow made from heart ribbon......

 

 And one of my Valentine's Snow Buddies......

 

" The Queen of Everything"

 

 Replaced pine cones and Christmas ornaments with a red rose and a silver heart......

 

 

The top of this wall unit stayed the same.....

 
 
But I re-decorated this shelf with Valentine's Snow Buddies and a silver mercury glass heart.....
 
  
 

 
 
 
It is hard to get a good picture of what this room looks like in the evening all lit up but here it is......
 

 Sorry but it actually does look pretty cool.....

The Powder Room will now stay this way until the end of February.....

I keep out my Valentine's decorations for almost the entire month of February as it is American Heart Month.....

With a few very small changes, this room was easily changed over to Winter with a touch of Valentine's......

Next up, I will be sharing Winter decorations, also with a touch of Valentine's, in the Kitchen.....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

14 comments:

  1. So much eye candy to gaze upon this morning but my favorite is hands down, that beautiful wreath with the ice skates! So adorable. I hope that you are having a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was indeed a lot to look at, each photo a feast for the eyes. I too was impressed with the wreath and also the towels that matched and brought everything together. My goodness, you think of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Deb! I love everything! The wreath is absolutely gorgeous and I love your heart tree. But the snow buddies...be still my heart! So so cute. You amaze me! Have a wonderful rest of the week. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am slowly changing out Christmas to just winter, can't take the snowmen down yet. I want to add some Valentines' soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas seemed to fly by. I like the blue accents and snowmen in here. The Winter Welcome sign is so pretty. I also like your word of the year. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...each and every room. One thing's for sure, no reason for a book in your bathroom. I'd hide away in there just to peek around!! Lovely. Hugs and great mediation quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh what fabulous decorations, your home is so beautiful. Great job. Just makes me smile.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great decorator. I finally took down my Christmas Village with help from grandchildren home from school on MLK day. I still have my Christmas artwork up. The regular pictures on my wall are in really heavy archival frames and I think I am going to have to have my husband help with the project. My stinky broken arm is the gift that keeps giving. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's the prettiest powder room I've ever seen. Seriously. I absolutely love those little skates hanging from the wreath. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  10. I love the winter scapes you are doing. Love the little bit of valentines hearts added here and there too. So pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue is such a pretty color. I especially adore those darling wee skates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most festive powder room I have every seen. It is so obvious how much you love to decorate for each season. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely winterish decor !! Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party at Doodle Buddies. Hope to see you again.
    Much love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...