I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Patirotic Home Tour with a Few New Things, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Today, I will be sharing my Summer Patriotic Home Tour!


But first, I want to Thank Michelle, over at the Painted Hinge, for choosing my post, A Little Bit of Crafting and Transplanting,  as one of her features from last week's Farmhouse Friday Linky Party!!!!
Thanks so much, Michele!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!

In my last post, I shared how our front porch and yard looked decorated for the 4th of July and how the flowers that I planted in the front are doing so far this Summer ...
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I will start my tour in the Living Room because this is where I have decorated the most for the Patriotic holidays of the Summer.....
I did share my Patriotic Tree in the Living Room before Memorial day but I have made a few changes since then.......

Click HERE if you would like to see the Memorial Day post....
I made 5 Patriotic Angel ornaments.......
These 5 Angels symbolize my Dad and his 4 brothers, who all served during World War II, and all made it back to their wives and families......

I also made these plaques/ornaments out of Patriotic cards......
I had Joe buy these cute little hats at Dollar Tree to use as ornaments because when I did a larger St. Patrick's Day Tree, I also used hats like this as ornaments......
I had him buy 2 packs of hats.......
So here is the Tree with a few new things added to it......
You can see a hat, an angel and one of the plaques that I made on the Tree in this picture.....
 I found that if you position a hat over a light bulb, it lights up the hat!!
There are a few changes also underneath the Tree.........
Dollar Tree had a package of 3 Patriotic fans that Joe also bought......
I used one here, behind the wooden sign...........
 I really liked them because 2 of the fans had aqua in them , matching my Living Room!!
I added 2 hats to the display under the Tree.......
And placed the plaque with the truck on it in front of my red truck......
I also moved the star votive holders on top of the larger hats to dress them up a bit.....
And I added another fan to this floral arrangement!
 In front of the truck is a battery operated Patriotic star necklace that Joe bought on Clearance at Wegman's......
What can I say....that man loves to shop!!
And here are a few pictures taken in the evening......
Joe also bought this Patriotic runner on Clearance at Wegman's....
It is reversible....
 I decided to use it here, on top of the TV entertainment center......
It hangs down on the sides....
And you can see the other side with the stars on it.....
Even though the top can not really be seen, I like how it looks......
 In the evening.....
By the door on the marble topped stand....
I also made this fire cracker out of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls.......
And this Patriotic Angel.......
Out of this, what ever it may be.....
If you missed that post, you can read about it HERE.....

This is the area by the stairs......
I decided to change up the decorations on the stairs a bit......
I added the Angel and Firecracker that I made and another Firecracker that I bought on Clearance at Michael's several years ago......
I also decorated the chair and the branch Tree in this area for the Summer Patriotic Holidays......
I added the last fan to this arrangement.....
 I think I got a lot of Bang out of my Buck for those 3 Dollar Tree fans!!
 Down the hallway to the Kitchen and Powder Room.....
 On the mirror between the coat closet and Powder Room doorway.....
 A Thomas Kinkade picture from a calendar that I placed in a frame......
The only other room that I decorate in an Americana Patriotic theme is the Den.....
Mainly, the china cupboard.......
My red and blue transferware dishes really lends nicely to the Patriotic theme!!
To see the original posts on these decorations in the Den, click HERE and HERE...

Also in the Den is my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest!!!
 I added 2 flags to this existing arrangement....
I like to decorate Nelson Crest for the different Seasons and Holidays.....
She is all decked out for the Summer in her Patriotic finery.....
 To see a more detailed post on Nelson Crest decorated for the Summer, please click HERE

Both Nelson Crest and the Den will stay decorated this way until the Fall.......
I will keep the Living Room decorated like this until the week after the 4th......
I hope you enjoyed seeing my home all decked out for the Summer Patriotic Holidays.....

I really enjoyed doing this this year as I was not able to do it last year because of my Knee Replacement Surgery....

I will be changing things in the Living Room over to my late Summer "Under the Sea" theme in about 2 weeks.....

I am looking forward to it because again, I did not get to do it last year ......

And I will be decorating the 7 foot Tree that I now have in the Living Room in this theme for the first time as I originally used this 6 foot white Tree..
 However, this Tree bit the dust before last Christmas....

It will be a change with the different Tree and using the platform underneath the Tree but I am up for the challenge and excited to see how it will turn out.....

  We will be celebrating the 4th of July actually on the 5th of July with our traditional family Cook In like we always do.....

 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Over the Moon Linky Party
 Handmade Monday
You Are The Star Blog Hop
Metamorphosis Monday
Little Cottage Link Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
 All About Home Party
Tuesdays with a Twist
 Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Charming Homes and Gardens Wednesday Link Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
 Encouraging Hearts and Home Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
 Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Embrace Your Style Link Party
Flaunt It Fridays

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie - wow what a spectacular effort! We don't have anything like that here in Australia so it's amazing to see what you've done with the theme - including the dollshouse decorations - you must have a huge storage area for all your different trees, decorations and ornaments. I'll be interested to see your new theme in a couple of weeks. Enjoy your day celebrating with the family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved visiting you I noticed a few things I recognized from this post I love what you did with the little pinwheel quilted pieces they look much better than they were in my home it's always fun to visit I don't know why is my comment but I can buy have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! You amaze me. It all looks perfect. Inside and out. There is so much to look at. I can't choose a favorite. I didn't do any 4th decoration. My injury to my leg took the wind out of my decorating desire. I am just happy to get the basics of housekeeping done. Very nice Deb. I love visiting your blog. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really have quite an impressive display of patriotic decor! Iespecially love your Byers Choice dolls! So cute! Thank you for sharing!

    Happy 4th of July!

    Hugs,

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those little angels you made and like the teddies in the wagon, too cute, wow I just can't imagine setting all that up, I just realized after looking at all your wonderful decorations that I didn't put out any of mine this year, guess my heart just isn't into decorating this year, maybe I will get back into it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your display of patriotism. What fun touches you've made to your home, Debbie. I especially love seeing the "night" views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job, Debbie. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've outdone yourself, Girl! Thanks for sharing your patriotic decor at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...