I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Summer Garden Tea Party Tree in the Craft Room

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I will be sharing my Summer Tree in my Craft Room.....

This is a long overdue post as this Tree has been actually decorated like this since March......

But first, a Personal Update.....

One of my neighbors moved to an apartment as she wanted to downsize when she retired and she told me that I could take whatever I wanted from the front of her yard that she was not taking with her before the new neighbors took possession of the house...

I took this vintage milk box....
I am thinking I may freshen it up a bit by painting the letters black and maybe planting flowers inside of it....

I took this pedestal and it is the perfect base for this ......
I took some pots.....
And I loved these cute garden creatures.....
I decided to give them both a coat of clear gloss sealant....
It brought out the patina on them....
This heat and humidity is killing me.....

We have had temps. in the 90's with high humidity and dew points......

My operative knee joint swells just like all my other joints in this weather so I ride my stationary bike daily for 5 miles to lessen the stiffness and decrease the swelling.....

I finally hit my goal of riding 5 miles in under 20 minutes......
I alternate between levels 3 and 4.....

Now if I can keep it up daily....

We finally had some storms move over our area and we got about 1 1/4 inch of rain....
I am thrilled that I will not have to water my flowers for a day or 2.....
In my last post, I shared that my Word of the Month for July is CELEBRATE....
Click HERE if you missed that post...

Since I have not yet taken down my Patriotic decorations in the Living Room, I thought I would continue to CELEBRATE America's Birthday and make one more ornament for the Tree out of a flag sticker that was intended to place on a window.....
I painted a piece of wood red, attached the sticker and then trimmed it with a white trim.....
I also wanted to make one more fire cracker out of toilet paper and paper towel rolls.....
I used ribbon and flag material...
It was while working in my Craft Room, I remembered that I had not shared the Tree in the Craft Room decorated for Summer......
This is how the Tree looked decorated for Christmas.....
I leave this Tree up year round......

I stripped it down after Christmas.....

 I left the 2 different beaded garlands on the Tree which is also wrapped with shimmery pink and white ribbon......
 I then added pink and green vine garland.......
 And added pink silk roses to the LED lights on the Tree.......
 These pink silk roses originally belonged to an incandescent let of lights that was tossed when I replaced all the light sets for my Trees with Warm White Led lights.....

For the Summer, I decorated it with ornaments that remind me of Summer.....
I also made these ornaments out of paper coasters....
The Tree is topped off with white feathers like a Victorian Lady's hat that she would wear to Tea.....
 And a bow made from pink shimmery ribbon......
 I think of beautiful Garden Tea parties when I think of Summer.....
So I decorated the Tree with Tea Pot ornaments .......
And Tea Cup ornaments......
 Last year, I made Bird Nest Tea Cup ornaments for this Tree.....
  Click HERE to see that post....
   Also on this Tree are 2 frame Tea Pot ornaments.....

One with my Dad holding my oldest son, Joey......
  And one with him holding my younger son, Jim......
  And lots of Butterflies that would be around the flowers in the Garden........
And Birds.......
And when I think of Summer, I think of Ice Cream!!!!

Ice Cream Cone ornaments....
   And  Popsicle ornaments.....
  Large pink Roses......
Victorian Lady ornaments that I made.....
Cupcakes could be served at a Garden Tea Party......

Cupcake ornaments......
 Another paper coaster ornament.....
 And some other cute ornaments.....
 
At the base of the Tree, sitting on a park bench.....
Are a sweet Bear with a Victorian Hat on and a Victorian doll......
I turn on the lights on this Tree when I am in the Craft Room as it makes me happy......
 Especially when the Tree all lit up in the evening......
I have to have pretty things around me for inspiration when I am crafting....

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Summer Tree in the Craft Room......
 In my next post, I will be sharing a few vignettes from the Craft Room......
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
 Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Embrace Your Style Link Party
Flaunt It Fridays

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Over the Moon Linky Party
 Handmade Monday
You Are The Star Blog Hop
Metamorphosis Monday
Little Cottage Link Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
 All About Home Party
Tuesdays with a Twist
 Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Charming Homes and Gardens Wednesday Link Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
 Encouraging Hearts and Home Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Wow...some post! I feel like I'm all caught up just reading this one. I'm leaving my 4th of July decor up until after Labor Day. I like to call it Flag Season from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are always so creative! I have decided with the election to leave my Americana decorations up outdoors. I am not sure I will last until November because I love decorating in October, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you T Kip tree it's always a fun visit to see what all you're doing I can't imagine all the hard work that to put in thanks for sharing it I'm working on my T post tea party post for classical homemaking I'll see you there I may be showing up as Anonymous I don't know but I my journey back I accidentally logged out and I can't log back in on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works we're good have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun it is for me to come and take my time checking all your pics and delighting myself with all the amazing work you do my friend.
    I specially love all the enthusiasm you put in your decorations.
    Thank you for sharing so much with us.
    Love Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbie! After several months without visiting your blog (as well as others ...) I really enjoyed returning to your creations. The floral tree looks beautiful. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbie, all that pretty pink! It's so girly and fun. Very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a post, so much to see. Glad you are able to ride the bike for so long and have reached your target. Your neighbour gave you some amazing bits and pieces, you have done a great job on the insects. I love the feathers in your tree, they add so much charm to it with all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, Beautiful as always. Your gorgeous Summer Tea Cup Tree is queen of the show. What a beauty! If I can find my mini tea pots I am going to send them to you. I once collected them, Now I will never use them and I would love to give them to someone who would appreciate them. (Only if you would like them). They are boxed up in mt storage unit. You decorate so beautifully. AND, you are super woman 5 miles on the bike in such a short time? WoW! Next thing we know you will be riding your stationary bike in a "Tour de France" for stationary bikers. LOL! I hear your getting a lot of rain. You get more rain in a day than we get all year
    It is hot hot in the West. And only about 1% humidity. Enjoy your day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed looking at all the detail on your tree and appreciate all that work. I loved your birdnest/teacup ornaments. I need to find some lonely cups! Last year and again this week, I made Christmas ornaments with oddball clear punch cups--a bit of cotton with snow glitter, a Christmas "critter" (angels, penguin buttons, snowman, etc. and a bottle brush tree. I put round mirrors in the bottoms of the cups on some. I think they will reflect tree lights nicely. Have a good start for our Nov. church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to always stop by! Love your idea for the tea cups that you made...I just may try to make come myself for Christmas!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  11. Debbie, your summer garden tea party tree is enchanting! I would have grabbed that vintage milk box too! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...