I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Joe's Pittsburgh trip, Punxsutawney, Part 2

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

In my last post, I shared Joe and our oldest son, Joey's, trip to Pittsburgh......

This is the 3rd year that they have traveled to Pittsburgh to see a Pittsburgh  Penguins Exhibition Hockey game......

But first, I want to Thank Susan, over at Country Crafting, for choosing my post, Dollar Store Haul and a "New" Wreath, from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Linky Party!!
 Thanks so much, Susan!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!

On the second day of  their trip, they visited the Heinz History Center.......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

The Heinz History Center has seven floors and two of them house the Pittsburgh Sports Museum......

Joe was in his glory as he is a fan , not only of the Penguins, but also of the Pittsburgh Steeler's....

But you can tell he only had Hockey on his mind as he only took pictures of the Hockey displays....
We are Season Ticket Holders, and have been for many years, of the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, which is the AHL team of the Pittsburgh Pens......
 Did you know that Sidney Crosby, star of the Pittsburgh Pens, played his first game in the NHL in an exhibition game at the arena 5 minutes down the road from us????
Joe has the Line Up card from that game.......
We also have been privileged to see Mario Lemieux play at the arena right by our house too....
Our son, Joey, is a huge fan of the movie, Night of the Living Dead, which as filmed in the Pittsburgh area by George Romero....
In fact, on last year's trip, they visited the Living Dead Museum and the cemetery where part of the movie was filmed.....
 Click HERE if you would like to see that post from last year.....

Like me, Joey does not like to have his photo taken....
Also in the Heinz History Center is the Mister Roger's Exhibit.......
Mister Roger's was a native of Pittsburgh.....
And I am sure you are aware of the movie with Tom Hanks playing him that is coming out this year......
Joe also took these photos of Polish Hertitage because we are both of Polish descent.....
He took a photo of this double decker Tour Bus......
And there was a wedding reception at their hotel so he also snapped this photo of a limo but missed getting a photo of the Rolls Royce that the Bride and Groom arrived in....
On the way home, they decided that they were going to stop in Punxsutawney, Pa.!!!!
Yes!! The home of Punxsutawney Phil!!!
We recently found out that Phil, the infamous weather predicting Ground Hog, lives in a Burrow in the heart of the town!!!!
Yep!!!
This is Phil's Burrow where he lives with his mate, Phillis!!!!
LOL!!!!!
Imagine if we could all drink that magic Elixir that gives Phil 7 more years of life!!!
And this is the inside of Phil's Burrow......
You can see Phil and Phillis in their little cave like home....
Outside the Burrow.....
And there is also this statue of Phil!!
Painted on his back.....
Oddly, Joey, who does not like getting his picture taken, did not mind having his photo taken with Phil!!!
LOL!!
And we all know Joe is a big Ham!!

This is a sweet little park in the town....
A really cool interesting fact about Punaxatuney is that there are over 30 statues of Phil all over town!!!!

Here are a few of them!!

In front of the Florist!!
I think this guy is a Miner!
Statue of Liberty Phil!!!
In front of the Library......
I believe this one is a Wizard???
I am thinking for Harry Potter????
And a Mail Man Phil!!!!
You may remember Joe is a retired Mail Man!!
Even Joey posed with this Phil!!!
The Town Clock, I guess??
Joe thought it was interesting!!!

Did I say before that Joe is a Ham????
Joey refused to do this!!

LOL!!

Then they visited Gobbler's Knob!!!!
Where Phil predicts if there will be 6 more weeks of Winter or not!!
Thousands of people come here for a huge party on February 2nd every year...
This is a Visitor's Center that is being remodeled.....
The Infamous Groundhog Day was first started by German Immigrants that settled in this area of Pa.
 Punaxatuney is a charming little town with many quaint little shops!!

Joey described it as a weird little town but in the best possible way!!!

And as he said,"I mean this in the most positive way...It was a nice little town".

On the way home, at a Rest Stop that they stopped at, Joey made a new friend!!
Notice how he didn't mind having his picture taken with this cutie!!!!

Joe did ask me to come along on their trip since I am now retired but I felt this is a great Father and Son time for the both of them so I declined...

Next year, I may go with them as they are planning to stop at the Flight 93 National Historic Memorial Site again...

They stopped there on their first trip out to Pittsburgh 3 years ago.....
 If you would like to see this post, click HERE...

I would like to visit the Flight 93 National Memorial Site because it is really something to see.

In my next post, I will return to sharing my Fall and Halloween decorations.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Such a cool trip. Very nice. Thanks for sharing it with us. I would love to visit Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip, some really interesting facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo shy, unless with a cute doggy, I get it! Lots to see here in Pittsburgh, looks a great Father son trip.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea all that stuff was there! Looks like they had a good time. I know the hockey part of it would indeed call out to my hubby. He loves Hockey! Long time Bruins fan. Though now we have a team here in Columbus so he roots for both teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am doing so here!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. I think I would have enjoyed Puxatony Phil and the Mr. Rogers exhibit; I grew up watching him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ground Hog Day must be a real celebration in Punaxatuney. Your family looks like they had a blast. Lucky lady to have such a fun family.
    Happy Fall!
    Hugs,
    Kippi
    Ps. Did you know my daughter, Olivia, just started blogging?
    https://oliviaohern.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun!They had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking of the movie Groundhog's Day and that my son would probably enjoy it when I came across your cute post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great trip. I have been to Pittsburgh twice, my friend Shelly lives there. Was at the Flight 93 memorial in 2013, they were still building part of it. Carl and I are plannibg to go back to Pittsburgh next fall for a visit, also trek to Niagara Falls. Its beautiful country back there!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like they had a great trip! Thanks for sharing at Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...