I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Joe's Pittsburgh Trip, Part 1

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Joe and our son, Joey, took their annual trip to Pittsburgh last week.....

As Season Ticket Holders to the games of the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, the AHL team of the  Pittsburgh Penguins, we receive 2 free tickets to a Pittsburgh Pens Exhibition Game at the start of the Season each year...

Joe has been taking advantage of the free tickets for the past 3 years since he retired......

Before I share Part 1 of their trip to Pittsburgh, I want to Thank Country Sampler Magazine for featuring a photo of our porch decorated for Fall last year on their face book site!!
 Thanks so much, Country Sampler magazine!!

I also want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Another Dollar Store Haul and a "New" Wreath, from last week's Over the Moon Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!

I also want to Thank Melissa, over at Little Frugal Homestead, for  featuring my post, An Amish Farmer's Market, A Soccer Game and a Sun Rise, from last week's Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much , Melissa!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

I also want to Thank Patti, over at Pandora's Box, for mentioning my recipe for Zucchini Zots, in her post, A Fall Tablescape and Zucchini Zots!!
Please visit Patti to see this pretty Fall Tablescape!!

On the way to Pittsburgh, Joe and our oldest son , Joey, stopped several times at various Rest Stops.....

We do not have Elk where we live in Pa. but there is Elk out in western Pa.

Joe took a photo of this info sign at one of the Rest Stops on Elk in Pa.!!
I have never seen an Elk in my life and was amazed that we have them here in our state!!

They had absolutely beautiful weather for their trip..........

They stayed 2 nights at the Cambria Inn in Pittsburgh which is located right next to the PPG Arena....
Here is Joey waiting for Joe so that they could check in.....
They were not able to get the 2 Queen Size Bed Suite that they had other years so instead booked a 2 King Size Bed Suite that has a separate bedroom!!

This is a lounge area on the floor that their room was on....
The door to their room.....
This is the area when you first walk into the Suite.....
A little Kitchen center......
The Bathroom......
How do you like that sink????

After you wak through the entry area, there is a little Sitting area.......
The sofa pulls out to a bed and there is a TV in this area.....

This is the computer area......
Joey had his lap top hooked up here....
Beyond that is where Joe slept.....
He had another TV in this area......
Looking back out into the Suite, you can see the door to the separate bedroom on the left side.....
Joey slept in here.....
He had his own TV in this separate bedroom.....
 There were 3 TV's in this suite!

This is the outdoor lounge area .......
Some views of Pittsburgh from the Hotel windows........
This is a Convention Center.....
And the view at night......
This is Epiphany Catholic Church......
It is on the National Historic Register and is located right next to the hotel and to the Arena......
When they built the Arena, they were not able to acquire the church so the PPG Arena is built right behind the church as you can see!!!
So it literally rests in the shadow of the Arena!!
It was built in 1902 and has some interesting architecture.....
To get to the Arena, guests of the Hotel can use a back entrance in the parking lot of the hotel for their convenience......

Joe and Joey enjoyed the game......
Joe took this photo of one of the announcers that we always see when he watches their games on TV...
And that is the Pittsburgh Pens Mascot.......
Iceburgh!!
Our AHL Pens mascot is called Tux.....

The Pens won the game......

The Hotel provides a Shuttle for their guests to use to get around the city and for the last 3 years, Joe and Joey have taken advantage of that.....

This year, they decided to go to the Heinz History Center which has seven floors!!
The Heinz History Center is affiliated with the Smithsonian......
These pictures were taken on the ground floor.......
This was a canon from the Civil War......
This antique car is made out of Steel!!!
The exhibit that was currently on loan there from the Smithsonian was the Vietnam War Exhibit.....
They asked that you did not take any photos using a flash as to not frighten any Veterans that would be there touring the exhibit that suffer from PTSD.....

Joe is not familiar with my camera. especially when using it without a flash so I apologize for the poor quality of these photos.....

This was extremely interesting.....
Many veteran's used Zippo's and engraved sayings into them.....
These are some of those engraved Zippo's from War Veteran's......
They had to assemble this Vietnam War Helicopter there in the Heinz Center.....
This show the cots that they slept on.....
The trunk and it's contents were actually there on display but the photo did not come out.....
And of course, Heinz Ketchup!!!
Sorry for the blurry photo.......

I still have more that I want to share from Joe's trip to Pittsburgh including the Pittsburgh Sports Museum which takes up 2 floors of the Heinz History Center and the Mister Roger's Neighborhood Exhibit.....

And on their way back home, they decided to visit Punaztuney, Pa.!!

Yes, the home of Punaztuney Phil!!!!
They actually have Phil and his mate, Phyllis in a Burrow in the center of town!!
AND.......

They have "Phil's" all over town!!!

 LOL!!!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have that time together. I've heard Pittsburgh is really quite a nice city to explore. Seems so here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guys had a great trip! Lots to see and of course, the good old hockey game! I also went to your previous posting to have a look at the recipes. My mother always made zucchini bread and used to give me some so I don't remember having ever made any, although I might have and I just don't remember. Those zots look delicious too. I would really enjoy those. They do look 'crave worthy." Other than black licorice pipes and cigars, the only thing I ever craved when I was expecting was KFC. :-) Congratulations on your feature in the magazine on FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness your trip looks like fun. Your Fall decor is beautiful. Can't wait to see more of it. We stayed home for the Summer so I'm enjoying everyone else's vacays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They certainly made the most of their few days away and crammed a lot in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see all of the photographs you've shared here.
    Didn't they have a wonderful trip.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb: Looks like the boys had a wonderful trip. They deserve something wonderful every once in awhile! haha..There is a beautiful spot off of I5 when we take a trip to Oregon where elk graze. We always stop for photos. Such majestic animals..Thanks for your kind visit. I didn't realize that I hadn't shown my whole kitchen before. I will try to be more mindful in the future..Happy Wednesday, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...fabulous photos overload! What a fabulous trip. I was fortunate to be able to visit Smithsonian Inst. in Washington years ago. I so want to go again! You have certainly been featured A WHOLE LOT...and with good reason. My favorite though is that porch!!! I have a big porch...I need you to come decorate it:) Your blog is such an inspiration...makes me work harder on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you both had a fabulous trip! We have never been to the Smithsonian! I hope when my foot heals we'll be able to go!

    LOVE YOUR PORCH!

    <3Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like they both had a great time away and I enjoyed looking at the photos of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie I really liked the description with good photos, the trip your guys made. Looking at the pictures of The Heinz History Center, I was happy to remember the visit my husband and I made a few years ago to the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History in Washigton.
    Thank you for such good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the architecture of the arena! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never spent any time in Pittsburgh - Philadelphia yes, Pittsburgh no. Beautiful old church - I love old buildings, especially churches. Glad you had fun. So much to do and see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun trip. Thanks for linking up with us at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 7

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun! I have been to Pittsburgh several times and it was a great place to visit!
    Thanks so much for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! I can't wait to see what you are up to this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...