I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fall Village and Vignettes in the Living Room, 2018

Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing some Fall Vignettes and my Fall Village in our Living Room!!!

But first, I want to say Thanks to a few hosts of Blogger Parties.....

I want to Thank these Hosts for featuring my post, Front Yard Garden Update!!
Thanks so much to Kate, over at The Organized Dream, from last week's Make Life Pretty Monday Party!!!
Thanks so much, Kate!!!

Thanks also to Gwin, over at Gwin Gal Inside and Out , for featuring the same post from last week's Over The Moon Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Gwin!!

I also want to Thank these hosts who featured my post, Pumpkin Kisses and Harvest Wishes!
Thanks to the Tumbleweed Contessa, over at Recipes and Ramblin's with the Tumbleweed Contessa, for featuring it from last week's What'd You Do This Weekend? Party!
Thanks so much!!

And I also want to Thank Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for featuring the same post from last week's Tuesday With a Twist Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much, Angie!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!

I LOVE Fall!

It is my favorite Season of the year.......

I love the traditional Fall deep rich jewel tone colors !!!!

I am running a bit behind with my decorating this year because of the Heat, Humidity and amount of Rain that we have had this Summer and I am happy to say that it looks like we will be getting some beautiful more Seasonal weather starting this week......

But of course, remnants of Hurricane Florence had to dump over 4 more inches of rain here.....
Today, I will be sharing some Fall decorating that I was able to do in our Living Room.......

I still have to set up and decorate my Fall Tree and the platform underneath it after I clean the window and hang my Fall/ Winter curtains and drapes.......

But first, we have to take the air conditioner out of the Living Room window.....

It looks like we will be able to do that this coming weekend.......

I will start with my Fall Village that I have had for years.......
I had villages for almost every Holiday and have since passed them on to family members but I just love this one........
I am not quite ready to pass it on yet.......
I have set it up a little differently this year.........
 You can see that I still have the peach lace curtains up from the Summer......
 I am going to let the pictures do the talking.........
Like I said, I just love this village........
The majority of pieces were bought at JoAnn Fabrics many years ago and then I found a few more houses at The Christmas Tree Shop a few years ago.......
I set it up on top of the TV Entertainment Center..........

Now I want to share my Fall table vignettes in the Living Room......

For Fall and the upcoming Christmas Holidays, I pretty much pack up most of my regular knick knacks and replace them with Fall and Christmas knick knacks........

I also change linens too.....

This is the stereo table that sits bordering the Dining Room and the hallway going to the Kitchen......
I can't take credit for finding this table which is the perfect fit for my Nostalgic stereo.......
Joe found it at an Antique Marketplace.......
You can see that the lace curtains that border the Living Room and the Dining Room have been changed from peach to ivory........

The top of the stereo and table......
I moved the crystal candleholder over here from another table.......
To add simple Fall touches, simple Dollar Tree pumpkins really go a long way.......
I have also added Fall florals.......
I have to keep my little bit of Victorian.........
A pretty Fall color tea cup.......
I love all the chubby holes for displaying things ......
 I did the Fall floral arrangement in the red wagon.....
 Again, a few Fall florals and pumpkins really add a touch of Fall.......
Over in the corner by the Dining Room is a large round table.......
I have changed the linens on this table to a gold chenille topper from a peach lace one.......
I have kept out a few of my regular knick knacks.......
And added Fall knick knicks........
And Fall florals.....
Again, I had to keep my Victorian touches......
I moved my gold phone over from the stereo table......
Kept my Carousel clock out.......
Another pretty tea cup that I think is perfect for Fall......
Isn't it pretty????
On the wall where my faux window is.....
Again, you can see that I changed over the drapes from peach lace curtains......

A few Fall florals added to the Cherub shelves on each side of the "window".....
On the left side of the TV Entertainment Center, is a three tiered table......
A ceramic gourde under a glass dome....
A metal pumpkin.....
An orange heart shaped tea cup and matching saucer.....
A sweet Fall Tea for One set........
The bottom 2 shelves.....
More Victorian figurines.....
With a few pumpkins and acorns....
One of my "toilet paper" pumpkins that I made a few years ago sits to the side.....
Over on the other side of the TV Entertainment Center, is another round table.....
Again, I changed over to a gold chenille tablecloth.......
My stained glass lamp has the perfect colors for Fall in it.......
You can see that I keep out another Victorian figurine.......
A glass owl.......
Fall florals added to the Angel candleholder that always sits on this table.....
 When you first walk in the front door, directly to the right is a marble topped plant stand......
On the top is a large glass candleholder.......
The bottom is filled with small pumpkins, acorns and gourds..........
2 Dollar Tree pumpkins flank each side......

This large apothecary jar is also filled with Fall goodies...........
 A fall candle ring and pumpkins fill the tray that it sits in.........
I hoped you enjoyed seeing how I added Fall to some of my existing decor and how it just screams Fall by also changing the colors of  the linens.......

In my next post, I will be sharing what you see when you first walk in our front door......
  So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Hello, Fall Link Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie! Looks like you had fun decorating for Fall! Everything looks so pretty and ready for Fall! And it all blends in so well with your decor! What a treat to see! Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you would be all decked out for fall and I was right. I bet you have so much fun pulling those holiday things out and then pulling everything together. Love it, Debbie! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, what a feast for the eyes. A joy to visit and see all your beautiful decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really ready for fall. Your decors are amazing ad usual
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful things Debbie. You are all ready for Fall :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing fall decor. I love the plaid teapot where did you find it? Happy Fall, Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! All I've managed to decorate for fall is the table. Gotta get going I guess! I particularly enjoyed your fall village - I don't think I've seen one for autumn before. We do a Christmas village and a Halloween village (most years). And you said you had done them for other seasons? I'd love to see photos of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fall vignettes, Debbie. Your villages looks great. Thanks for sharing with us. Pinning to my fall board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little village so much! I have a Christmas village that I inherited from my grandmother, it was always my job to help her set it up each year and it means so much to me now when I pull it out each Christmas, I think of my wonderful memories with her. You have a beautiful home, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall village is so charming, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun fall village Debbie! Joe has a knack for finding food things. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...