I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2023

More Valentine Crafts and New Buys


 




 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY

 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing a few more Valentine's Crafts that I did and some New Buys....
 
 
In my last post, I shared a few changes that my friend Anne Marie made to her home after Christmas for Winter....
 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Valentine's Crafts and More Decor in the Dining Room, as her Editor's Choice from last week's Wonderful Wednesday's Link Party!!
 

 Thanks so much, Bev!!


Also Thanks Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for choosing my post, Winter Red Cardinals and Snowmen in the Kitchen, as one of her features from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Linky party!!!
 

Thanks again, Angie!!!
 
And I also want to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my post, Valentine's Dessert/Hot Cocoa Buffet in the Dining Room, as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Link Party!!
 

 Thanks so much, Barb!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties....

 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

I haven't posted any pictures of myself lately so here are a few.....

These were taken on my way to Mass last Sunday......





As of now, I have lost 42 pounds since June 1st, 2023....

Being honest, January and February have been hard months for me for some reason with slow progress but I do know this is to be expected especially since I have been on this journey for the last 7 1.2 months now.....

But hopefully, that will change and I will continue to loose weight a little faster that I have been over the last 2 months..

I know I am losing inches though because I can tell with the clothes that I am wearing how they fit....
 
The one good thing about it being an abnormally warm Winter for us here in NEPA is that I  have been able to continue walking daily for exercise and not had to worry about snow or ice.... 
 
 
I got to wake up Valentine's Day morning, snuggling with these 2 little cuties!!!
 

We had them overnight that day and they went back home on Tuesday evening.....



They made my day!!


I will be keeping my Winter/Valentine's decorations up until next week as I celebrate Heart Month more so than Valentine's Day...

Here are a few more crafts that I did.....

You may remember these solar lights that I had in the back yard....


2 of them no longer work but I saved the glass bottoms because I loved the way they look......


I was cruising the Blogs last week and saw something and a light bulb, so to speak, went off in my head....

And this is what I did!!!


I made a large Hershey Kiss!!!!

 
I can even use this for New Year's........


To KISS the Old Year Good Bye!!



I have one more to make.....
 
 
You may remember that I bought small muffin pans at Dollar Tree and used one to decorate a Christmas Wreath.....
 
 
 
 
 
And one to decorate a Winter wreath.....




Last year at the end of the Season, I bought a heart shaped muffin pan.....

I finally decorated it.....


 
I used things I had in my stash.....




I used red glittered letters bought in Dollar Tree to spell out 

LOVE



Haven't decided if I will add it to a wreath yet....


Last year, Joe bought 2 cardboard Mail Boxes with Gnomes on them at Dollar Tree.....

I "dabbled" with the larger one to make it more to my liking....


I covered it with scrap book paper that I had....


And trimmed it with things in my stash.....


I also used the red glittered letters to spell out MAIL....
 
Here is where I displayed it.....
 
 
On the platform under the large Tree in the Living Room, by the other Mail related Valentine's ,decorations....


Speaking of Mail......
 
 
You may remember that I bought Valentine's Envelopes in Dollar Tree right after Christmas.....
 
 
 
 
 
I took the paper hearts out and replaced them with cards.....  



I put the paper hearts aside to use them to make other things.....
 
I used one of the paper hearts to make this.....


I had several wood hearts left over from my Craft Fair days so I created this sign.....




I thought it would be fitting to hang it in the Dining Room.....
 
 
Hanging on the window divider right under the envelop that it came with.....



 I still want to use the other one to make another heart plaque.....



Many years ago, I bought this red velvet Wine Bottle bag in Dollar Tree.....

Now we do not drink but I wanted to do something with it as I love the fabric....

I decided to embellish it for Valentine's......


I placed a large plastic Parmesan Cheese container inside of it.....


And did my "dabbling"!!!!



I placed it on the stairs because the fabric went well with the red velvet bows on the lanterns.....



I still have a few more Valentine's crafts that I hope to do before I pack it all away next week......
 
If I do not get to them, I am making a Crafting To Do List and hope to do a lot of crafting during my "Slow" time of the year, in the Summer....


I went to Dollar Tree the other day and they finally put out their Easter things.....

 
 I did not buy much because last year, I did go a bit crazy with Easter......

But who could not resist this cute Bunny for $1.25!!!
  
 
 
 You can dress it up or add it to a wreath.....

I thought these picks were cute....

Last year, I wanted this sign but I could not find it.....

I think I will be adding some of these carrots to it and can use it in the Kitchen for the Summer as Easter is really not even written on it.....

I bought more carrots as I also could not find them last year.....

I do a carrot theme in the Kitchen for Easter......


And I bought these for crafting.....

Sunny Butts!!

More carrots and Bunny Paws to paint and use as ornaments.....


I also bought these Saint Patrick's Day picks because they are a lighter and brighter shade of green then the ones I bought in previous years.....

 
 I only decorate the china cupboard and the area around it in the Den for Saint Patrick's Day.....
 
  
 
 I also liked that they had the gold coins included on the flower bush.....

Plus who does not need chalkboard stickers!!!
 

 
 We had a 15% off Coupon at Ollie's so along with a bunch of houseoild things, I bought these 2 cute mini Easter flags......
  
 
 
 They were $3.99 minus 15% off....
 

 
 

We also went to Dollar General with a $5 off $25 coupon and bought a lot of Food items so I consider these cute critters that were a $1.00 each.....


Free with the coupon!

So that was some of the Crafting and Buying I did recently.....


I have been working on a project that I started last year but sort of never got to follow through....

It all started again this year when I decided to move the mirrors that normally hung above my cherub shelves in the Living Room so I could hang Christmas hoops I made.....


I moved the mirrors to the soffit above the window dividers.....


I really liked them there as they reminded me of transom windows above doorways in older homes.....

Just that one thing lead to a project that snowballed or what I call a "MIGHT AS WELL" Project!!!







In my next post on SATURDAY, I will be sharing how moving those mirrors lead to changes on 5 walls!!!

Yep....

A project that SNOWBALLED.......

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on  SATURDAY! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


 

 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Miss Skinny Mini! You look wonderful! What an accomplishment!!! You know, I bought one of those heart shaped pans and tried to bake with it. I couldn't get the darn muffins out. I forgot about your crafting with them. I put it on a shelf in my pantry. I think I will copy your idea and paint it red and then decorate it! Thanks for the great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Easter is out -- I need to get new dye for this year. Cute heart things -- I felt like Valentine's day just came and went this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Debbie! you need to go shopping for you! Those pants are too big for you now! Treat yourself! You look great! laura in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that mailbox. Looks like you're getting ready for spring decorating. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 100. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous on your weight loss journey -- so inspiring! Also, I'm glad to see that Faye and Azumi are staying cozy and wam in the winter weather. Now, it's time to get busy with your Easter and spring crafts -- have fun! Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 54.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the great work with your weight loss! I have been thankful for the milder winter this year too since we have been able to get out for lots of hiking. What a great idea to make that giant Hershey's Kiss!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...