I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Summer Patriotic Decor in the Living Room, 2022

 




 


 


 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 Today, since the 4th of July is looming in the not too distant future, I will be sharing the rest of my Summer Patriotic Decor in the Living Room.......
 
In my last post, I shared 2 more neighborhood Landscape projects that I did....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 And an Update on my Cottage Garden.....

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Click HERE if you missed that post....
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Not much going on since Thursday's post, except I am getting ready for our Grand Pups to come and visit with us for a few days as their Mom and Dad are going to NYC for a few days...

It will be interesting as we have never had the 2 of them together stay overnight here before.....
 
We had a great Sunset on Friday night..... 






And that is really about it as far as personal notes....


Around Memorial Day, I shared my Memorial Day Front Porch and Yard.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Click HERE if you missed that post..... 

And I also shared my Summer Patriotic Tree in the Living Room.....

 
 
 

Click HERE if you would like to see that post......

 I also shared how I decorated Nelson Crest for the Summer Patriotic Holidays.....



 
And a Patriotic tablescape for Memorial Day......



Click HERE if you would like to revisit that post....


Since the July 4th Holiday is a little over a week away, I figured I better share the rest of my Patriotic Summer decorations....

I only decorate the Living Room for Holidays in the Summer ....

But I do have an Americana Decorating theme in the Den from the time after Easter until November...

I will be sharing that in my next post....


We will start at the front door......



A Dollar Tree Patriotic hat embellished with  vintage style Patriotic tags....


The Hutch......


Just a simple sign from Dollar Tree hung on it.....




On the stairs......



A firecracker bought at Michael's several years ago....


I decorated the lanterns....


I made the angel a few years back....



He was a flea market find....



On the other side of the stairs....


I have had this sweet girl for a very long time after buying her at an Estate Sale....



A new sign I just bought in Dollar Tree the other day....



And a bird house bought in Gabes.....





A look at one of the Trees decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays from the side....




I love to decorate this chair for the different Holidays and Seasons.....


"God Bless America" sign on the floor by the chair....



I decorated the chair a bit differently this year, setting it up for a Patriotic Picnic on a Patriotic place mat....


A vintage milk glass vase filled with red, white and blue roses ....


Faux pastries and a parfait, gifted to me by my very talented friend Angela, who crafted these....


 
The box sign is also from Gabes.....





Underneath the chair.....


In front of a Lantern...



After Easter, I moved the Lighted Branch Tree back into the Living Room from the Dining Room where it was since Christmas.....


I decorated it with red, blue and silver ornaments....





On the marble based table where the tree stands....


An arrangement I did in a pot I decorated with stickers.....




Moving around the room to the faux window behind the sofa....


A wreath I made a long time ago....



A sign from Big Lot's hangs above the wreath....." Land That I Love"


And another box sign from Gabes in the center of the wreath, " Home of the Free"


 
 
Hanging underneath the wreath are a few plaques that I made....
 
 






Hanging on the drapes on the Living Room window.....



I like to decorate the top of the TV Entertainment Center like a mantel....



 
Once again, I used this runner....
 
 





I do have a few Liberty Blue plates so I used them in this display...

The Benjamin Franklin Federal Savings bank, established in 1925, commissioned the Enoch Wedgwood Company to make special dinnerware to commemorate their 50 year anniversary. The result was Liberty Blue, made exclusively for the bank between 1975 & 1976.
 


A bust of George Washington...

 

 In the back is an Avon Fostoria cobalt blue George Washington goblet bought for 99 cents at Salvation Army many years ago.....




The Patriotic Carolers are from the Christmas Tree Shop many years ago....


 
 
 
 
As are the cupcake dishes.....

 
A Liberty Blue dinner plate....




My 3rd Patriotic Tree in the Living Room.....


I decorated this 3 foot white Tree with red and blue ornaments bought on Clearance after Christmas several years ago....



Another Avon piece with Mount Vernon on it...


And in front of it is An Avon Betsy Ross cologne decanter.......
 
 

I just bought this sign at Dollar Tree...





More Patriotic Carolers....






An Avon Martha Washington Fostoria cobalt blue goblet.......


 
 
A bust of Thomas Jefferson...




On the floor in front of the TV Entertainment Center, sitting on a bench.....


One more box sign from Gabes....


When you press the button on this cute Bear's hand, she sings "God Bless America" in Kate Smith's voice!!



A few years ago, I added some embellishments to her dress.....



And back to the front door.....


I just tucked 2 flags into the floral arrangement....



And added a bow to this apothecary jar....




Down the narrow hallway to the Kitchen......


A wreath I made....


Hanging on the mirror......


A Dollar Tree sign......



And another wreath I made.....



One more Dollar Tree sign.....
 





I hope you enjoyed seeing my Summer Patriotic decorations...

I will keep these up until the week after July 4th and then I will strip everything down and re-decorate the Living Room in my Late Summer "Under the Sea" theme ........

 I hope you will stop by to visit again on Wednesday.....
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

 
 

 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much time you must spend decorating and undecorating. Something you truly love. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Like I always say, I get bored very quickly with things so this sure beats remodeling and it keeps me busy and moving!!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I love the Liberty Blue plates and the Betsy Ross bottle is an amazing find. All your displays are always inspiring. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hear it for the red, white and blue and all your gorgeous decor, Debbie! I love how you've decorated and that you always include the dollhouse! I'm constantly amazed by your energy and how much you get done!! You, my friend, are a decorating dynamo!! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful maximalist home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Deb! Your Fourth of July decor is absolutely gorgeous. I spent forever just drooling over Nelson Crest alone not to mention your lanterns. And... that teddy bear!!!! It's all just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...