I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Flowers Planted and a Few New Things!

 







 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  

Today, I will be sharing how I planted my pots out in the Patio and give an update on my Cottage Garden back yard along with showcasing a few new buys!!!
 
 
 Thanks to Marci, over at Stone Cottage Adventures, and Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, who are the Garden Week Hosts of the You're the Star Blog Hop, for choosing my post, Fairy/Gnome and Fur Baby Memory Garden, as one of their features!!!!!
 
 
Thanks so much, Angie and Marci!!! 

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

 
In my last post, I shared More "Tea Time" in the Dining Room, decorated like a Tea Room for the Summer....







 

Click HERE if you missed this post!!

 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 Food of the Week
 
This week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service.....
 
 
Joe and I both ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ Rice Pilaf & Oven Roasted Broccoli....
 
  
Breaded Chicken stuffed w/ Ham & Swiss topped w/ Dijon Cream sauce over Rice Pilaf & Oven Roasted Broccoli 
 
 
Our son, Joey, passed on any dinners this week as nothing appealed to him.....
 
 

Joe got a deal this week at one of the local grocery stores we shop. Malacari's, which is right down the road from us...


10 pounds of 80/20 ground beef for $29.99....

 
I measured out about 1.2 pounds using my postal scale that i have from when i sold on EBay.....

 
And made up 9 bags to be put in the freezer.....


I will use these for meatballs, meat sauce and my Barna Balls which is a combination of oven porcupines ( piggies without cabbage) and stuffed peppers, minus the cabbage and peppers...


I did get a few new things recently.....

Bought this cute plant stand at Ocean State Job Lot for $6.99.....



 
I love the color of it!!!


You will see what I did with it a little later in this post.....


I had Joe wash the Powder Room carpets as I gave the Powder Room a good cleaning last week....
 
The backing was starting to fall apart so I sent him to Big Lot's to get new ones.....

He went armed with a $5 of $15 coupon!!!

He bought these which ended up also being on sale!!!!



Perfect for the Powder Room!!!
 
 

And both only cost $14.58!!!


Original price was $12.50 each!

Joe shops Big Lot's a lot because of their Rewards program and other coupon offers so I am frequently looking online to see what they have in stock.....

When I saw this, I just could not help myself!!!!


Had to have it for my Kitchen which is now decorated in a French Country Victorian theme with a lot of Roos and Hens!!!



What can I say!!!


And I bought a few new things for the Front Porch!!!

When I ventured out last week, I wanted to stop in Ollies to look at the Flags they had in their circular....

I bought this large one for only $7.99!!

 
And this small one for only $3.99!!

 
Love the colors and they go well with my Front Porch color theme.....

I also bought several bunches of large flowers for $2.49 each and replaced some of the red flowers on this wreath that I made that had faded from the Sun.....


Better now.....


And brighter!!!!

While we are talking about the Front Porch, let me show you what the flowers look like now after being planted in my pots almost 2 weeks ago and now that I took down the Patriotic outside decorations after Memorial Day!!!!




I did decide to throw some marigold seeds around the sides of the large pot as I have no idea if these tall ones will fill out.....


And hopefully, the begonia planted in the middle smaller pot will grow in height like they always do!!


I will keep you posted on their progress....


The geraniums are doing well......




I did a bit of rearranging in this flower bed....


I placed the bird bath on these pavers and moved the toad stools from the front flower bed into this one.....


And since Joe bought 4 instead of 2 small square pots from Dollar Tree, I planted impatiens in one and placed it in front of the bird bath.....



 
These were my views from the front porch on Sunday while I sat with my feet up to try to decrease some of the swelling I get come Summer due to the heat and humidity....


 
I don't have any swelling in the Fall and Winter months when it is colder.....
 
 
 
 

 
One of the baby Robins that left a nest in my neighbor's tree......

 
Still under Mama's watchful eye.....


And the other evening, I saw a Bunny on our slope.....



 
So cute!!


Okay, now that I updated you on the flowers in the front of the house, let's go out to the back of the house!!!

These were the flowers I bought for my pots in the back.....



 
 
In addition to these, I used what I had left after planting the pots in the front and I bought 3 more flats of 8 impatiens in each to plant my flower bags with......

You will see them a bit later in this post....

Let's start on the Patio....


On the edge by the walkway to the shed.....



2 vinca plants in this pot.....


I threw some marigold seeds in this one....


More marigolds here....


Now you know where I put that cute plant stand.....


One begonia....


One impatien....


And I transplanted some Missouri Primrose in a planter box here.....


 One impatien in each of the 2 pots and a begonia planted in the bottom pot...
 


3 impatiens....





Last Saturday, I cleaned and organized this corner of the Patio where my Baker's Rack/ Potting Stand is......




Boxes of seeds are stored in the old Milk Box that a neighbor gave me, along with preen and something to repel Critters....


I used coffee containers to store rocks and sand......


What is nice is there is now a shed on the other side of the fence and the side of it blocks anyone from seeing when we sit out in the Patio.....



3 wave petunias in this hanging pot.....


2 impatiens in this one...



2 regular petunias in this pot....



One begonia....



I moved the wheelbarrow that Joe bought from the Amish Farmer from the back of the yard up closer to the Patio....


3 impatiens in here which I hope will spread out so you can not see the top of the wheelbarrow....


There are marigold and impatien seeds planted in these pots....



Under the table is a pot planted with 2 more impatiens....


And more seeds in the vintage galvanized pail....
 
This side of my Cottage Garden Back yard.....



About 10 years ago, I bought these flower bags at the end of the Season for only $3 a bag.....


I have planted them myself every year thereafter.....


Both take a total of 22 impatiens!!!


I decided to do something a bit different with the fountain turned bird bath after it broke, turned planter after there was a crack in the bottom of it.....


I placed a coconut shell in this bird cage and placed it in the center of the "bird bath"


I planted a begonia in the bird cage and wave and regular petunias surrounding the cage....


Again, I will see how they fill out and decide whether I add more flowers....



On each side of the arbor are Missouri Primrose, which I hoped would be blooming by now and asters.....

Once the Missouri Primrose are done blooming, I will thin them out.....


I planted 2 impatiens in this vintage watering can....


In the back of the yard by the gate....
 


I transplanted a Lamb's Ear in this pot....



Hopefully, it does not die!!
 

I also transplanted some hostas and more missouri primrose plants....


There is also a Rose of Sharon shoot that I transplanted....

Back to the Patio....


2 vinca plants in this watering can.....

Two Impatiens in this pot under the table.....

Two more vinca plants....

And 3 more petunia plants......



In the middle section of the Cottage Garden are Primrose, Columbine, Bugleweed Ajuga and Loosestrife






Hens and Chicks in these 3 pots.....


And 3 begonias planted here.....







2 impatiens in each of these hanging pots......


 
The hosta I transplanted here is doing well......


3 wave petunias in the pot inside of the vintage coal bucket....


More wave petunias in this vintage watering can.....


And I caught a dove about to fly away!!!


I hope you enjoyed my post showing you the annuals I planted in my pots....

I will keep you updated on how they grow this Summer.....

I will leave you with a Sunset from our Front Porch!!!





 I hope you will stop by to visit again on Sunday for my next post!!!!!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. Your flowers are looking good. I finally got my seeds in -- which means if I'm lucky, I'll have flowers in September! Too late, but worth a shot. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that chicken looks so delicious!!! I could not resist any of those meals! Good deal on the hamburg. The new red flowers in your wreaths really make them pop! And your annuals are all so colorful and pretty! What a lovely garden!!! Like the bathroom refresh, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy, as always, my friend! I love your new kitchen sign and that coal bucket. Sit back and enjoy your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need Joe to shop for me and find bargains! Lovely plantings, that will be wonderful when bushy and in full bloom. We have had a few really rainy days, so not much work in the garden, and lots of the pots are water logged. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunset! We have been seeing quite a few bunnies around here as well and today we saw two fawns on our road (sadly I didn't get a photo though). Your garden and flowers are looking lovely; it sounds like you've put in a lot of work on them and keeping busy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found some really cute flags. I need to remember to go check out Ollie's. Love the picture of mama robin and her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops, forgot to tell you thank you for sharing at "HomeMattersParty"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always fun to see all your flowers! And lots of great bargains. My Cowboy says it was too far to go for the burger! Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie.. I really love to see your garden! So colorful and full of love as well as life. Here in Wellington the weather is still freezing but I hope spring will come soon. Cheers and thank you for joining our #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb. I enjoyed having tea with you in your beautiful rooms. I saw it all and always wonder where you get all your energy from. Of course, you are still just a spring chicken! It all looks so pretty as all your beautiful flowers do. I love all the color you have in your garden. I still haven't gotten anything planted yet and hope I still have time. Thanks for the home tour and hopefully I can borrow some of your energy and get going!..Happy Weeekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've featured your summer wreath at #HomeMattersParty this week. Drop by to see your picture and description. Party starts tonight at 9pm and ends Monday night. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My you've been busy Debbie! I love your beautiful garden! I sure hope your swelling goes down. Know what that's like. Feel better and have a wonderful (hopefully cooler) weekend dear friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, what fun to refresh your garden with all of these new flowers!!! I loved your post and was really happy to share it at this week's Share Your Style #349 for you. <3 I haven't planted too many flowers this year as I have been so busy with planting small trees and perennials out in the back garden. (post coming!) But next year... I have grandiose plans which include tons of annuals.

    Enjoy your pretty gardens! I pinned a ton. :)
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of your flowers!
    You sure stay busy, but it’s so worth it!

    I featured your lovely post today at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    Thanks for coming by!
    My first posting of the blog hop I managed to delete all the features and text. I am so good at messing stuff up. But it’s now fixed and ready to go!

    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of the flowers! You sure do stay busy, but it’s so worth it!

    Your post is featured today at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop! The blog hop was messed up earlier, but it’s up and running now!

    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...