I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Summer Patriotic Tree, 2022

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 Today, I will be sharing my Patriotic Tree for the Summer.....
 
In my last post, I shared More of my Dining Room decorated like a "Tea Room" for the Summer.....

 







Click HERE if you missed that post.... 

I will return with the final part of my tour of my "Tea Room" in the Dining Room next week..... 


 I want to Thank to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, Niki, over at Life as a Leo Wife and Cindy, over at Mom, the Lunch Lady,   who are the HOME hosts of You're the Star Linky party. who chose my post, What's in Your Hutch?, Moss Rose Collection, as one of the HOME features from last month's party!!!

 Thanks so much, Bev, Niki and Cindy!!

 Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!


 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 Food of the Week

On Saturday, I bought 3 dozen homemade pierogies from one of the local churches that we always buy from their food sales....


I froze one dozen and fried up some onions with butter that smothered the other 2 dozen in.....


So good!!!

Worth every penny of the $12 a dozen!!


 
This week's Reheat and Eat Dinners from the WB Scranton Pens Food Service.....

 Dinner on Wednesday for Joey and I as Mr. Picky, Joe, did not care for any of the dinners.....
 
 
Jumbo Crab Cake w/ Roasted Potatoes & Grilled Asparagus for me minus the asparagus
 
 

Chicken Franchise w/ Buttered Orzo & green beans for Joey
 

 They look so good!!


Got the shock of my life on Sunday...
 
My lap top was slowly dying as the picture on the screen would fade in and out...
 
It gets very heavy use as I do not use a phone to access the internet because I use my lap top or my main computer and only use my phone to make actual phone calls...
 
I was not going to buy another one until I had enough money saved to do so because I am not like Joe who loves to spend money regardless if he has it or not...
 
My son, Joey, comes over this afternoon and is hiding something behind his back...
 
He bought me a new Dell Lap top!!! 
 

 He said "because you feed me everyday, it is the least I could do"....
 
He had it already programed with all my "stuff" in it already!!! 
 

 And he knows that I have a hard time seeing at times as I have cataracts so he made sure that it has a lighted keyboard!!!

I am so touched and thrilled....
 
I LOVE it!!! 
 
And I am so Blessed to have him as my son along with his brother , Jim, who is also equally as caring and generous...
 
 
 I had stripped this Tree, that I decorate for the different Holidays and Seasons year round, a few weeks ago when I took the Easter decorations down....

I finally had time to decorate it this past weekend when I was stuck in the house with the air conditioners blaring because it hit 90 degrees with near tropical humidity and dew points....

UGH!!

I added a set of LED blue lights to the Tree......


Next I added a garland of blue, red and silver that I bought many years ago in Dollar Tree....



I first added blue, red and silver ball ornaments.....


I topped the Tree with a tabletop decorations from Dollar Tree that reminds me of fire works for some reason.....


Years ago, I made a bow for the Tree from 3 different ribbons....


And streamers of 3 different ribbons.....

Over the years, I made a lot of the ornaments used on this Tree....
 
Patriotic Angels.....


Ornaments made from coasters received in the mail from all those Veteran's organizations that Joe donates to....


Paper mache stars


 
And Patriotic cards.....

 Along with ornaments that I embellished with Patriotic stickers...

Here is the finished Tree.....






I tucked flags and stars from Dollar Tree into the top of the Tree....


Last year, I ordered from Ebay, Flags for every branch of the Armed Services....

United States Army and United States Coast Guard.....

 
2 for the United States Air Force......

United States Navy and United States Marines


 One for POW's and another one for the United States Army

I added them to the Tree, tucking them in along the sides......






Let's take a closer look at the ornaments......


I also wrapped the Tree in a wire star garland and hung strands of beaded ivory garland on the Tree....
 
I will let the pictures do the talking....




Hats from Dollar Tree.....










I also decorated the platform that the Tree stands on year round.....



I started by covering the platform with a vinyl Patriotic tablecloth.....


On the left side....


I usually have a set of lights on this boxwood topiary but I need to buy another small set as my stash is depleted.....


Uncle Sam and Fire crackers that I made from toilet paper and paper towel rolls....


The Flag waves and plays songs when turned on....another one of Joe's impulse Buys....



Dollar Tree mini hats, large hat and tinsel wreaths all from Dollar Tree....





In the center, 2 Bears from my neighbor Elly's Bear Collection wearing sweaters sitting in a red wagon that was also Elly's.....



" God Bless America"



I bought this plate in Salvation Army for $1.00!!


I placed it on another tinsel wreath and surrounded it with a broken light up necklace of all stars........


Paul Revere's Ride and the Liberty Bell.....



To the right.....



A vintage milk glass vase filled with flowers


 
 Another Fire Cracker I made and a Patriotic bird house from Gabes....
 
 
 
 
 
 The sign is also from Gabes and I bought this Uncle Sam nut cracker at a yard sale....



 
I hope you enjoyed seeing this season's Patriotic Tree....



 
It will stay decorated like this until after the July 4th Holiday....


 I will be sharing more of the Living Room decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays through out June leading up to July 4th....
 

 
 
 



On Sunday, I will be sharing my Patriotic Front Porch and hopefully, the annuals planted in the pots out front....

I still have not bought them.....
 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again on Sunday!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


12 comments:

  1. Three cheers for your red, white and blue!! Love it...and your computer is awesome!! How sweet is that!! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, where to start! I am about ready to drive straight to PA to get that crab cake. It looks so delicious! The chicken looks so good, too, but that crab cake!!! YUM! And how sweet of your son to gift you a new computer! I am socking away funds for a new one myself. Mine has keyboard issues that make typing challenging. Your tree is just amazing.. So many details and each one more special than the next. I like all the memories of how all the ornaments come about and the flags really add so much. That plate is really a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked to realize it was memorial day weekend already! You are DEFINITELY ready! So very festive, Debbie. I hope it's terrific. (And love the computer too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift from your son! Your patriotic decor is so festive! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree looks fabulous; I Love all those flags. How sweet of your son to gift you a new laptop and so much the better for having all your stuff already loaded onto it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patriotic tree is amazing, and the food looks delicious. I wonder why they didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, you are the queen of celebratory decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, you are the queen of celebratory decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaayyy! Once we get to Memorial Day, we can use the red-white-and-blue decor right up through July 4. You have such a huge collection of patriotic decorations. Very pretty!
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 20.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy seeing your decorated tree each season. The red, white and blue colors combined are a favorite of mine. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your patriotic tree Debbie - it must have been SO much fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...