I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

New Spring Buys







 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......
 
Today, I am going to be sharing a few New Buys!!! 
 
 But first Thanks to Laurie, over at Ridge Haven Homestead, for choosing my post, Huge Patio and Back Yard Project, as one of her features from last week's Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!!
 

Thanks so much, Laurie!!
 
And I also want to Thank, Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for featuring my post, April This and That, from last week's Tuesday with a Twist Link Party!!!!!
 
 
Thanks again, Angie!!
 
Please stop by and link up to these lovely Blog parties!!

In my previous post, I shared my Indoor Fairy Garden that I set up on the mantel of my faux fireplace in the Sitting Room and how I also decorated the "hearth: area in a Garden theme!!





  

 

Click HERE to see this post if you missed it!!

 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Food of the Week
 
On Saturday while Joe was at work, Joey and I watched an extremely interesting episode of The Food That Built America on the History Channel.......
 
 We love this show!!!

The episode was about Dave Thomas and a little known fact that he is responsible for the "Bucket of Chicken" and the red and white striped roofs of all KFC's!!!!

He then left KFC to found Wendy's who was based on his daughter not being able to say her real name of Melinda and said Wendy instead!!!

He is also responsible for the Drive Thru concept as we know it.....

You drive up to a 2 way radio to place your order then you pull up to a window to pay and then another window to get your food!!!

This allows them time to get your food ready, keep the line moving and the customers do not feel that they are sitting and waiting for a long time because you are moving through an assembly line!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!

So in honor of Dave Thomas, we ordered Wendy's on Sunday for Dinner.....

The 3 of us got fresh charbroiled Baconators!!!!!
 
 
 
I got a Baked Potato topped with cheese and bacon....


 
And Joe and Joey got Fries with theirs.....


 Joe also got chili which did you know came about because Dave Thomas did not want to waste the freshly made left over burgers so he decided to make chili with them!!!!!

Genius!!!!

And Joe does love Wendy's Chili!!

Not only do we have one but two Wendy's within a 5-10 minute drive from us....

We were not big Fast Food people even when the boys were young but if we did get fast food, it was from Wendy's as we felt they were much better than the others.....

On Tuesday, I made hot dogs on the Griller for dinner....



Joe had 2 hot dogs, plain, with onions and mustard.....

I added Bacon Cheese, that Joe bought from the Amish Farmer, to my 2 hot dogs and Joey's 4 hot dogs!!
 

 I also made Bob Evan's Mac N Cheese for Joey and I....
 

Joe passed on the Mac N Cheese because he does not like it!!
 
I was asked on a FB Food Site about cleaning the Griller....
 
Easy Peasy as the roller pops right out and there is a tray that slides right out in the back....
 

And Joe is the one that does the dishes by hand and does not complain so you know it is easy to clean!!!

I ordered the Griller from Bed, Bath and Beyond a few years ago.....


 
We take our Grand Pups out for a walk in the mornings when our son Jim and our DIL Danielle are at work and were surprised the one morning because they had got hair cuts!!!
 
 Azumi needed one and does so about every 5-6 weeks.....
 
 
 
 
 
Jim said that Faye did not really need one but they wanted to take them together as the Sisters that they are!!!!!

LOL!!

They take them to Pet Smart in the shopping center right next to us!!

 
 
 
The Sun was in poor Faye's eyes!!
 
Joe on the side of Jim's townhouse.....
 
 
Faye is the leader and Azumi is constantly running after her to keep up so Faye will stop and wait until she does!!!


Joe heading down the hill in back of Jim's townhouse....


Out of the clear, Faye jumps up on Joe so he picks her up and she starts kissing him as if to say," Thanks G Pop for taking us for a walk this lovely morning!!!"




Once we get back inside, Azumi is waiting her turn for Joe to pick her up....

 
Faye takes a flying leap up into Joe's lap!!!


Azumi on the sofa with me as she does manage to jump up on there.....

 
And Faye all stretched out waiting to go out one more time before we leave, putting them back in their crates which they jump right into, waiting for a cookie so they can go back to sleep and wait for Mama and Daddy!!!

 
We will be having these 2 sweet fur babies for a few nights in June as Jim and Danielle are going to a concert in NYC and will be staying in a hotel on Times Square.....

Should keep me on my toes!!!

I also want to share the beautiful view of the mountains behind us when we go on our walks with the pups.....

Looking up toward our development which is on the left side...


The Trees are just getting their leaves on them here....


You can see Joe and Faye further down the road on the right....


 A great view in the Fall when the leaves start to turn!!
 
 
 
I just had to take a picture of all the white, silver but mostly black cars in our Court that my 17 neighbors have......

 
 
And then you have my flashy Tuscon in Sedona Sunset!!!!

 
I always did pride myself on being different from everyone else!!!!


Joe was cleaning the car out after getting mulch from Lowe's.....

I did a bit more yard work as I thinned out this hosta from my neighbor's yard to keep it way from the wall.......


I was able to get 2 fairly decent sections of that big hosta....

 
I planted one part of it in this vintage pail in the back yard....

 
I also cleaned up this area against the back fence.....


I planted the rest of the hosta in this big pot.....


I will see how they do for a bit and then most likely transplant them elsewhere....

I also transplanted some ground cover from the back yard out front.....



And transplanted this loosestrife by the fence in the back yard....


I also cleaned up the wrought iron chairs and table......

 
I got a scrub brush out and scrubbed all the dirt and green slime from all the humidity and the rain that we had last year.....

 
I use these chair as plant stands for vintage watering cans.....

 
This one cleaned up nicely too.....


 
And I also cleaned up this table.....



One more story before the main theme of this post....

I moved this faux hanging plant here in the corner to prevent squirrels from jumping off the roof into a hanging pot that I had there for years.....

 
For 3 days, this pair of doves were out in the yard and Patio.....

 
One even kept flying up on the back of the chair and looking in the window.....

 
So at the urging of Joe and Joey, I put the hanging pot back as the doves nested in that pot several times over the years.....

Well, sure enough, the doves have been in and out of the pot quite frequently and I guess we will see if they nest there again.....



Okay, so moving on the my "New Spring Buys"......

Or should I say Joe's "New Spring Buys!!!"

 
I have posted before that Joe LOVES to shop and loves a good Deal.....


 You can see how darn proud of himself he is!!
 
Joe loves Big Lot's and their Rewards Program along with extra coupons that they often give out....

He also can not resist their 90 % off sales.....

As you can see!!!!

 
He did call and check with me on certain things....


So here we go.....

 
This is a rather large sign......$1.50!!
 
These Topiary Egg Trees were only $1.20 each!!
 
 
 
 They were a bit worse for wear on the top but I got out my glue gun and a few eggs that I had on my stash and spruced them right up....

 
Love these cute table top items...


The sign was 60 cents 


And the Bunny was $1.40!!

This sign was 80 cents!!!


And this cute Bunny was only 60 cents!
 
 
These 3 packages of napkins were 40 cents each!!


And these Egg Bowl fillers that were $6....


Were only 60 cents....

 
This sign was $1.50, down from $15.00!!!


And I loved this Welcome sign which was $16.00!!



Down to only $1.60!!


These cute hand towel was only 30 cents...


And do you notice anything with this sign????


Yep!!


Joe did notice it when he got to the cash register but since it was only going to be $1.40, he still bought it....

 
I thought about trying to take that block off or painting over it but in the end, I decided that I will leave it like that and let it be a conversation piece!!!!

And I just love these glass eggs.....

 
A blue and 2 clear ones...


And you cannot beat the price of $1.00 each!!!!
 
 This cute sign was only 80 cents!!!



And to top off these already insanely cheap prices, Joe also had a coupon for $5 off $15.00 which took an additional $5 bucks off the total bill!!!!

Total of $19.50, minus $5.00 from the coupon.......


All of this was a mere $14.50!!!!!

Now.....

What am I going to do with all of this?????

These things will all get a coat of sealer and be used to decorate my Front Porch for Easter next year as I truly do not have a lot of outdoor Easter decorations.....
 
 
Since I have 2 of these, I will probably use this one and make a Easter Wreath for the front door.....

 
Or I may paint the truck red and use it in the Kitchen.....
 
I will probably dabble a bit with these 2 signs, embellishing them.....

 
And the new Bunny on the motorcycle matches these sweet Bunny in the truck that was gifted to me by my good friend Anne Marie!!!


As soon as I saw the glass eggs, I knew what I was going to do with them....

 
I peeled back the black cover on the bottom, used a knife to make a small hole in the paper bottom and fished a string of fairy lights up into the eggs.....


And since I have not taken Easter decorations down yet inside the house as I have been so busy getting the front porch and yard and back patio and yard ready for Summer, this is where I put the 2 clear eggs.....





I also mentioned that I fixed the tops on the 2 Topiary Egg Trees....



And here is where I put them.....



I am also thinking that I could easily wrap a small set of fairy lights around those trees too.....

Maybe next year....
 
I will start taking down Easter tomorrow as we have rain predicted for a few days....

So that is Joe's Haul from Big Lot's for 90 % off!!!!!
 
Have I mentioned that he knows all the cashiers at Big Lot's by name?????????


I hardly ever order anything online .....

But I do like to order from Boscov's and I had $10 in Reward Dollars....

I only wear Easy Spirit or Clark's backless shoes....

I do find Easy Spirit the most comfortable as they are nicely padded and have great arch supports....

I wear shoes in the house at all times except when I get in my jammies in the evening and put bedroom slippers on...

So these are my Summer House Shoes as I call them.....



I will not wear these outside....

They are extremely light in weight and so comfy as there is a lot of padding which I need for my arthritic feet.....

They were on sale for only $29.99!!

I did buy these canvas shoes that are not Easy Spirit but Easy Street to wear outside the house on the porch or patio.....



They are not bad for only $19.99.....

I also saw these cute vinyl Easter place mats that they had on Clearance.....


I figure that I can use them all the Summer as they do not say "Easter"!!.....

And remember, I got $10 off this online order from Boscov's......
 
 
So that is all my "New Buys" for now.....
 
I have reached the conclusion that even though my Goal for this Year is to Buy Nothing, it is not Joe's Goal and never will be because that man loves to shop and spend money....
 
But I guess that if I do not buy anything, that will equal out what he spends because of his shopping addiction.... 

We will see.....
 

 I hope you will stop by to visit again on Sunday when I will be posting again !!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday
    Looks like Joe got some super fun decor but what really grabbed my attention was the cute
    look on his face while holding up the two Big Lot bags..kinda like a happy Santa elf.
    Darling grand puppies, yummy food, comfy shoes and all the prettiness and calm of your
    home and space. THANK YOU for taking time and effort to share with us! I truly do LOVE
    coming to visit with you.
    Blessings to you 💜
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      Thanks once again for your kind words and for taking the tie to visit!!! Joe does love to shop!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. I just can't get over the bargains Joe finds at Big Lots! I shop at our local store and honestly, if you aren't there at the beginning of the season, it is pretty well picked over. By the time they get to 70% off, all that is left is a few semi-broken items. He has a good eye and a knack for bargains! And you have a great talent for elevating them to greater greatness!! Your granddogs are the cutest. I can tell how much you enjoy your daily time with them. I think Wendy's is the furthest from our house in our town. My husband is a Burger King guy but lately the quality and price aren't great. About 20 years ago I worked in an office near Wendy's. Their baked potato with sour cream and chives was my favorite "go-to". I know it is nothing to pop a potato in a microwave, but I just like the texture and the fact they cooked it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just love everything he brought home! I think I need Joe to go shopping for me! He got some great things for a great price. I think my favorites are those bunny placemats though...I'd use them all summer, too. The colors are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wrougt iron chars and table and those bunny placemats are so cute. I wanted to reach into the screen and grab one of those hot dogs -- it's been forever since I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've watched The Men That Built America and really enjoyed it so much. I love docudramas like that that bring history to life. I'm sure we'd all enjoy The Good that Built America too. Joe is quite the bargain hunter! Those are some amazing deals and I am still giggling over that backwards E on the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. H iDebbie, Happy Mother's Day! Great deals and love the pup pics with Joe! It is warming up here in Colorado! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe finds amazing bargains. I have the same bistro set, but unfortunately the chairs broke, so I use them in my Tea Thyme garden. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much goodness! Yummy food, pretty things, and adorable dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really scored at the after-Easter sale! Looks like you're having a fun and busy spring. And Azumi looks gorgeous after her trip to the "hairdresser."
    Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 19.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like y'all had a great, fun week! Great food, fun with the pups, and amazing deals. Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pink blessing bunny is so pretty that you purchased. I love those cute little pink wicker chairs at your fireplace. The Easter "E" is too funny! Thanks for sharing at Happiness is Homemade.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...