I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, August 20, 2020

A Few Fall and Halloween Buys

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

   Today, I will be sharing a few Fall/Halloween Buys......

 But first, I want to Thank, Lisa, over at the Self Sufficient Home Acre, for choosing my post, How to Retire Early, as your featured post from last week's Farm Fresh Tuesdays Linky Party!!!

 

 Thanks so much, Lisa!!!

And Thanks, Julie, over at The Farm Wife, for choosing my post, Seasonal Changes in the Kitchen, as one of her features, also from last week's Farm Fresh Tuesdays Link Party!!!!

Thanks so much, Julie!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!

A few Personal Notes....

Yesterday on August 19th, it is one year since I officially resigned from a toxic work environment after my knee replacement and started my retirement even though it was 6 months before my planned early retirement when I turned 62 years old!! 

I finally got to write the Letter of Resignation that I dreamed of for 42 years and I framed it and have it hanging by my bed!! 

 Resigning before retiring was the best thing I ever did!!!!

 We have been having some absolutely Fantastic weather over the last few days!!!!!

 Image may contain: text that says 'TOMORROW 73° 66° 76° 52° 57° 77° 76° 6 AM 8 AM 10 AM NOON 2 PM 4 PM 6 PM'

 Low's in the 50's in the mornings and high's in the high 70's with low humidity!!

I wish it would stay like this until Fall comes but there is a warm up predicted for the weekend so our Hot Summer from Hell is still not done with us...... 

  I took advantage of the last few beautiful days to finally get out in our Cottage Garden back yard and Patio and clean it up...... 

It so needed it!!!!

I knocked down all the spider web and there were many, with a broom and then wiped down the back wall of the house...... 

 I wiped all the furniture and cushions down......

I wiped down all the accessories......


Moved some of the pots out into the yard to fill in spaces where I cut back perennials.....

 

I wiped down the back door.....

 

Swept and ran the sweeper over the rugs.....

 I still have to clean up the potting stand today and then I plan on cleaning up the front porch.....

I also worked in the back yard........

I trimmed bushes and perennials......

I weeded and transplanted flowers into pots where the Sun baked the flowers that were in them originally to death......

I swept the walkways and pulled weeds out from the cracks......

I even trimmed this tree that came back with gusto this season after we trimmed the bejesus out of it last Fall!!

Soon, I will be sharing my late Summer Cottage Garden Update showing how many things went wrong in the back yard this Season and what did actually work in this awful heat....

In a previous post, I did share these Fall/Halloween buys when I spoke about them in my Personal note section ....

I had Joe bought these in Big Lot's.....

 

Joe found these at Gabes for $1.99 each......

Perfect for the Kitchen......



 And he bought these in Dollar General.......

 

  They were only $1.00 for the pumpkin and $3.00 for the stand up canning jar.....

 Since Joe is now not working part time in his Retirement, he is a bit bored.......

While I am so busy, I find I do not have enough hours in the day for all I want to do!!!

They say opposites attract.....

 
Maybe when you are young but in Retirement......

I am not so sure!!!

I always say that after 45 years together, we are lucky that we haven't killed each other yet.....

Even in Astrology, an Aquarius ( me) and a Leo ( Joe) is considered Opposites!!! 

Never a dull moment is right as our family and friends will contest to!!

When both spouses are fully retired, it is quite an adjustment.....

I understand now why couples divorce in their late 60's.....

Joe needs to find something to do and a purpose.... 

But for now, he is thrilled to run anywhere I want him to go which is great for me, who never wants to leave my house ( even before this health crisis hit)

I just seem to find too many things to do to stay home where he does not even look for anything to do.....

Like I said.....OPPOSITES!!!!!

He went to Dollar Tree for me yesterday......

 These are all new things for this year according to their web site.......

 

 I am thinking of using more Sunflowers in the Kitchen for Fall/Halloween...

 

Love this cute "jointed' scarecrow!!

I will be using this outside in the front of the house..... 

And I LOVE the red and white checked ribbon.....in the Kitchen also!!

But probably not for Fall.......
 
Have I mentioned that they are building a brand new 12,500 square foot Dollar Tree in the shopping center right next to our townhouse development????????


It will literally be only 5 minutes from our house.......

That might not be a good thing if you know what I mean!!!!

  I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


 Charming Homes and Gardens Wednesday Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. So many cute finds! You're making me want to go shopping now. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable stuff! I have told my husband I wonder how our Dollar Tree is staying open since I have not been there since February. He was always awestruck at how much I could spend in one trip on items that only cost one dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, enjoyed the tour of your fall and Halloween decor. I'm really ready for the cool weather to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finds and so good that Joe will do the shopping. Looking forward to seeing your new displays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my you've bought some new goodies for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb. Looks like you are beginning to be set for fall. I know you are not through yet! I would give anything for your weather there now. We are so hot and smoky that it isn't even funny. They are putting people on notice to be ready to evacuate just about 5 miles from us. We haven't heard anything yet. Down in the bay area, our nephew has been evacuated from Felton and now Scotts Valley is on notice. It is horrible. Your back yard looks so great. Neat and tidy. I envy you your energy..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fun pictures and love the Halloween finds.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I selected those first 2 signs from Dollar Tree, too! Thanks for sharing your fall finds at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing again this week. I have seen those same signs at Dollar Tree but just couldn't figure out yet what my Fall decor is going to be like so I didn't buy them and I should have the first time around. Now they are gone at my local Dollar Tree. Enjoy the new store! #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Fall and Halloween buys! These will be so much fun to decorate with! Thanks so much for sharing them at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...