I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

For the Love of Pink , Summer Victorian Dining Room, Part 1

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Soon it will be Fall and with Fall comes Halloween.......

That is when our Dining Room will take on a totally different look when it is decorated for Halloween in an Edgar Allan Poe theme......."Quoth the Raven Nevermore"

And after that will come Christmas, Valentine's and Easter.........

All for which I decorate the Dining Room......

So I figured that before the time comes when I will be changing things around and decorating for the upcoming Holiday Season, which by the way, I consider from September until the end of April.....

I should share how the Dining Room looked during the Summer, devoid of Holiday decorations.....

But first, I want to thank, Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Garden Sitting Room, Library Area,as one of her features from last week's Over the Moon Linky Party!!

 

Thanks so much, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!!

As I have mentioned many times here on my Blog, the Dining Room is what I consider my most Victorian looking room.....

I am going to be sharing this room in 2 parts starting with the Buffet and the Curio next to it.....

In the corner by the Kitchen......

I do have a bit of a "Fan" thing going on in this room.....

Most of the things on the walls in are Home Interiors products which I still love......

I was lucky enough to find these 2 magnolia metal sculptures at a yard sale that matched the magnolias in my wall paper border almost perfectly!!

On a gold shelf is a Thomas Kinkade Mother and Child figurine....

 

On a pedestal that I bought at a church flea market is one of my Victorian dolls.....

I did have a lot more but I have passed some of them on to family.....

Above the Buffet.....

In the corner......

Hangs a Victorian styled Tussie Mussie that I made....

A Thomas Kinkade....

All Home Interiors pictures......

A Home Interiors shelf on which some of my Tea Cup Collection is displayed......


Hanging over the corner of the picture is a pair of my Mother's gloves that I embellished....

We inherited our Dining Room furniture from Joe's Maternal Grandmother a year before we were married......

So when we were searching for a house to buy before we got married, we had to find on with a Dining Room.....

Luckily, it was a small set of furniture as our Dining Room is only 10' by 10'!!

I love ambient lighting and have a thing for vintage lamps....

I bought this one at a church flea market for only $10!!

I added the crystals to it after buying them on Ebay.....

A vintage pink depression glass candy dish....

And a pair of lace gloves with a vintage pin pinning them together.....

A friend that I met online gifted me her Collection of these sweet Victorian homes.....

This is the Dressmaker's Cottage.....

And look at the back of the house!!

And this is one of my Thomas Kinkade "Pink Ladies"


I bought the Tea Cup at an estate sale of a florist....

This is a picture of Joe's Maternal Grandparents....

Joe's Grandmothers name was Rose and she had left a note that was found when she passed away that Joe was to choose anything he wanted from her home even before her own children did because he was her favorite Grandchild.....

It was a year before we were getting married and since my parents did not have a Dining Room, I always wanted to have a Dining Room so we chose this Dining Room set.....

Ironically, after we made our choice known, we found out the note was left in the drawer of the Hutch of the Dining Room set.....

On top of a mirror cake pedestal is a pink Tea Pot that my friend Anne Marie gifted me....

Surrounded by some faux pastries....

On a pink depression glass dish is a dish that matches the Tea Pot.....

And in front of it is a vintage Lefton Bunny and a sugar bowl and creamer set in pink depression glass.... 


A brass candelabra that I painted pink.....

A pink depression glass Tea Cup and saucer.....

Another Victorian house....

This one is called Rose Manor

 

 The back of the house

Another Thomas Kinkade "Pink Lady".... 

 



A pink depression glass Biscuit Jar....


Next to the Buffet , is a small Curio.....

On the wall above the Curio.....

Is a gold Home Interiors mirror shelf.....


To the side of the shelf is a Fan plate that I bought on Ebay many years ago.....


A Home Interiors Victorian Lady holding a fan graces the shelf......



On top of the Curio......

Brasss fans I bought at a yard sale for $1.00 each are hung on the wall.....


More Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies.....

In the center in a crystal vase.....



A pretty demitasse cup and saucer.....


The lace scarf was bought at The Victorian Days Celebration one year in Belevidere, N.J.......


The pink mercury glass votive was bought in Michael's......
 
 


I recently gave the inside of the Curio a good cleaning.......
 

Victorian Dolls on each side of the Curio.....
 
  
 

And this is where I will leave off for now.......
 
My Dining Room has been decorated like this for some time now......
 
I liked it so much that 7 years ago when we put in our new floors, I bought the same color Rose paint and painted the ceiling that color instead of white which creates a more dramatic effect and I also repainted the walls, not using any tape at all when trimming around the existing wall paper border.....
 
I am really good at edging which is why I do all the painting as Joe is terrible at it..... 
 
Soon, I will complete my tour of our Dining Room for the Summer........
 
 

  So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

18 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty and girl...I just love all of your teacups. I would love to have a tea party at your house and dress up Victorian style and sip on tea. Hope you are having a good week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A joy to visit and admire some of your collections. I found the tea cups such a delight, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbie, no matter which room you showcase, you have the most wonderful collections. I, too, was a fan of Home Interiors and had many of their pretty things, however, I didn't keep any like a lot of things I wish I still had. I do have 6 Thomas Kincaid plates adorned with his paintings of Victorian houses and when a candle is placed in front of them they seem to have the windows lite up. So pretty and a great Christmas decoration..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collections must have taken you a lifetime. I do like those vintage lamps. They are so warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what lovely vintage items and your room is just stunning. The depression glass really is pretty.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty teapot! And the Victorian home are very cute. I don't know how you find a place to store everything when you're not using it!

    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful furniture!!! And the story behind it!!! I just love reading the history of your furniture. The stories behind family treasures is always fascinating to me.

    Take care!
    xoxo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks so much for your kind words!! Joe's grandmother's Dining Room furniture was actually done in what they called a "blonde" finish. Joe's Uncle , who lives in the our side of the double block that Joe's parents did, re-stained the furniture in this finish for me as our wedding present!! He did this up in Joe's Paternal grandmother's huge attic! I remember going up there to see his progress....Special memories....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. I loved reading and seeing your decor dear friend. I'm in love with the slender lady, shes lovely. The floral teapot is got me zooning too. Love it all !
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pink post made me swoon! Fabulous dolls and gorgeous figurines,stunning teacups and unique pink glasses!!!Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing always spend a visit I love your room you're so brave to decorate with so much pink have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, we share a love of pink and your Victorian dining room is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy September, Debbie. You've done a great job in your pink dining room. I know it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow !! I love pink and the Victorian teapot and cup saucers. Thank you for linking up Debbie, at Meraki Link Party. Hope to see you this week too.
    Much love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Debbie - I love the depression glass! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All reminds me of a favorite tea room I used to go to! Thanks for sharing at Charming Homes & Gardens! ~ Kristin | White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...