I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Winter/Valentine's Get Together's with Friends!!


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I will be sharing 2 Winter/Valentine's Tablescapes that I put together this past week....

I invited several friends over to visit.......

But first, I want to mention February 22 was last week.......
That number has had special meaning for me over the last 32 years......

You see, my childhood home's address was 222 and since the day my Dad passed away 33 years ago, I have seen 222 everywhere.

I wake up a at night and it is 2:22......

The license plate on a car in front of me is 222

Change back from a purchase is $2.22

You get the picture.....

Joe has played 222 on the Lottery over the years and has won several times.

This is what 222 means....

"The number 222 is associated with hidden love and power. If you are hearing or seeing the number 222, it means that spirits are guiding you. They are telling you something important, and you need to pay attention to it."

I absolutely believe this!!!

After all these years of seeing that number, I finally found out that it is considered An Angel Number!!!
I have always felt that when I saw this number, 222, my dad was telling me something....

Like last year, when we decided to trade in 2 cars and go down to one "New to us" car, the car in front of us when we were driving our "new" car home had a license plate with 222 on it!!

My first day of medical leave last year because I could hardly walk and needed knee replacement surgery was February 22..........222!!

It turned out that I would never go back to work so 222 became the date when I stopped working.....

Click HERE to read more about 222 as an Angel Number.......

One of the things that I said I wanted to do this year and in my retirement was to spend more time with family and friends!!

And this past week, I did just that!!!

I had my good friends Mary and Patti over for a Valentine's Tea......

This is the table setting that I did for the Tea I invited them to.....
 Again, I used a tablecloth that I recently bought in Boscov's for Valentine's Day.......
 In a previous post, I shared a Valentine's tablescape that I did for Joe and I......
Same tablecloth, different dishes and other items.......

I went a little bit fancier this time......
 I used gold place mats......
The china is the same china that I bought over 43 years ago at Acme Markets, buying pieces that they offered weekly!!
Does anyone else remember stores doing that??????
This is my Rose China........
A crystal goblet and tumbler and my gold flatware......
I also had favors for the girls at their place settings......
They each received a Valentine's Heart Box that I embellished and filled with Hershey Kisses......
Since there was just the 3 of us ( Joe was working) , I left the tiered tray with faux sweets and goodies in the center of the table toward the back.......
I served chicken salad sliders......
  Ham and cheese sliders.......
  And egg salad finger sandwiches......
And for dessert.........
Chocolate chip cookies........
Vanilla Bean mini scones.......
And zucchini and banana nut bread........

Joe was working so it was just Us Girls and we were so busy talking that I forgot to take pictures while they were here but we had a wonderful time and plan on getting together more often!!!

On the weekend, our good friends Anne Marie and Tony paid us a visit......

I had invited them over for a Lasagna dinner.........

I told them to bring their precious fur baby, Autumn. with them........
Upon hearing that a little doggie was coming to visit, our oldest son Joey wanted to come over too so he could meet this little sweetheart.......

 I set a Winter Tablescape for this Get Together.......
At least that is what I am calling it!!!!
The table is set simply because I needed to be able to quickly remove the items in the center and the tea cups and saucers from the table to put the food out!!
I have collected red transfer ware pieces for years but this is actually only the 2nd time that I used them for a dinner!!!
I usually had them on display in the China Cupboard in the Den.......
Even though it was sunny and unseasonably warm at 50 degrees here in NEPA, I wanted a casual Winter table setting so I started with these chargers that I bought on Clearance last year at Michael's......
They were only a little over $3.00 for a set of 6!!!!!

The dinner plates........
The marking on the back.......
Now I only have 4 of these dinner plates but I do have a different patterned one that made the 5 dinner plates that I needed.......
This plates marking.....
Then I added these plates........
And the marking on the back......
The flatware was bought on Clearance in Wegman's several years ago......
I only have 3 tea cups and saucers in red transferware so I decided to use my Ruby Red Depression Glass ones......
And glasses too......
The wood like patterned chargers made it look a bit more casual.......
For the purpose of picture taking , I simply put a snow man on a sled in the center of the table.......
This was one of my neighbor Elly's snow men that she had collected and I have it out in the Den for the Winter......
I just placed a few more dishes on each side of the snow man........
Dishes for desserts......
And small bowls for Ice Cream that I had that tastes like Almond Joy candy bars!!!!
I easily just pulled them off the table, along with the tea cups and saucers so I could put out the food.......
This is Anne Marie and Tony's sweet fur baby, Autumn.....
 She surprised everyone by being able to jump up on the ottoman......
 Her pretty sweater matched the throw on the ottoman perfectly!!
 She is a mini poodle.....
 And she weighs 11 pounds....
She investigated the downstairs and then also investigated every inch of our back yard!!
Joey just loved her!!!
After all the excitement of the day, she decided to take a nap on the sofa.....
 So sweet and so well behaved!!!

We had a wonderful afternoon with our friends and it was such a pleasure to have a dog in the house again......

It has been 10 years.......

Maybe in the Spring, we will seriously think about and decide if we will get another dog......

I hope you enjoyed seeing my tablescapes......I sure had fun putting them together......

I want to share one more Winter item.......

I had this snowman that I bought at a Craft Fair hanging on my back door....
I decided to use him to make a wreath......
I glued and wired the snow man to the wreath and then glued white pine cones that I had to the wreath......
I added 2 mitten ornaments that I had so it looks like the snow man is wearing mittens......
This week, I will be starting to take down and pack away the Winter decorations in the Den.......

And I will be decorating the china cupboard in the Den for St. Patrick's Day.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I am linking up to these parties:

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. Nice setting. I love your china with the rose and also your pink china is beautiful. Lucky friends to sit down at such a beautiful table and in great company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Debbie!
    My goodness, your friends had to feel so special eating at such beautiful tables! I love both sets of china, especially the transferware. (I have a couple of serving pieces of J. Bros. Old British Castles. ) And how nice you have flatware and glasses to complement each. Plus the food sounds yummy....Looks like Autumn had a good time too!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. Can you tell me the brand of ice cream?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for visiting!! We did have a great time with our friends!! Now that I am retired, I get to do the things I love and I do enjoy having friends over!! The ice cream that tastes like Almond Joy candy bars is a Wegman's brand and is called Coconut Almond Fudge. Perry Ice cream actually makes the Wegman's brand of ice cream so maybe Perry has a similar flavor.... I hope you have a great day!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Their dishes are beautiful (and I love to paint on porcelain ...). I enjoyed seeing the tablecloth with hearts, even for St. Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wonderful pink transferware dishes caught my eye!Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table oh and how sweet is Autumn. She is adorable :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays. Hope to see you on Wednesday or Friday for our next blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transferware is so pretty. It's just perfect for a Valentine table. Or any table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your winter Valentine table is really fun!! Stop by and share your latest post, #omhgww is open for all your links!!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are some lovely settings for your table, I love the rose pattern, and my first set of plates and bowls were from a grocery store that you collected weekly! Autumn is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those ruby glasses and the beautiful china! Amazing tables Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of a party for Valentine's Day! Any excuse, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I tried to leave a comment on your latest post but Wordpress with not let me comment unless i set up an acct. with a password so I am thanking you for your visit here!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  12. Hi Debbie, love your beautiful table settings - so sweet and special - your guests must have loved being so pampered! All the food looks delicious and I especially love the red transfer-ware! Your little doggie-guest is adorable, too. So sorry I haven't been visiting lately, it's been one thing after another.....but I hope to get back to blogging more regularly from now on. Looking forward to seeing your St. Patrick's day decorations! Hope you don't get hit with that storm heading east. Spring will be here soon, hopefully! Take care - sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, you know I love this red transferware! Thanks for sharing your pretty table at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...