I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Red and Gold Valentine's Victorian Vignettes in the Living Room, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I want to share my Valentine's Vignettes in the Living Room with a touch of Victorianna...

But first, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Winter/Valentine's in the Kitchen, Tree and Hutch, from last week's Friday Features Linky Party!!

Thanks so much, Karren!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!!

First, I want to share Joe's pride and joy...

I have mentioned before that Joe is an avid Pittsburgh Penguins fan and we are Season Ticket Holders  for the Pittsburgh Pen's AHL team, the Wilkes Barre Scranton Pens, that play at the arena that is 5 minutes from my house.....

I have shared what I call Joe's Pittsburgh corner that I created for him in our bedroom before......
 Joe is also a Pittsburgh Steeler's and Pirates fan.....
Sidney Crosby is the team captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins and one of the best hockey players to come along in recent years.....

He actually played his very first 2 hockey games in the NHL here in Wilkes Barre as exhibition games....

Joe and I went to those games and Joe had the wherewithall to buy several Line Up cards from those games.....

For many years, he was on a quest to obtain Sidney Crosby's autograph on those Line Up cards.....

I am not at liberty to explain how he was able to realize this dream of his but not only does he have Sidney Crosby's autograph but he was also able to obtain Pittsburgh Pens coach Mike Sullivan's autograph on one of the cards because he was the coach for the opposing team of one of those games!!!!

We had these line up cards framed professionally at Michael's and also had them do the engraved plates for them.....
 I hung them for Joe over on the wall by his side of the bed in our bedroom....
Yes, I allowed him to venture out of his corner!!

  LOL!!

This was the first game played by Sidney Crosby in the NHL with his signature above and Mike Sullivan's below....
And just Sidney Crosby's signature on this card.....
Because of Joe, Sidney Crosby now also has these 2 Line Up cards which he did not have before....

There are only 3 people who have these Line Up cards autographed by him.......

Joe, our great niece Cortney , who Joe gifted one to, and a member of the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins organization that was responsible for obtaining these signatures for Joe!!

We have told our kids that someday, these will be part of their inheritance...

And now to what I want to share with you today.....

I am a Victorian Soul and have decorated our townhouse , built in the 1970's, in that style.....

Now that Christmas is over, I now have most of my "everyday" decor out and I have added a few Valentine's decor items to the vignettes in the Living Room......


This is the stereo table by the hall way to the Kitchen and the Dining Room.....
Joe was the one who found this table in an Antique Co-Op that was a perfect fit for my Nostalgic stereo system......
My new camera has picked up the lights of the Tree decorated for Valentine's Day in the Dining Room.....
With the milk glass hurricane lamp turned off.....
I added red velvet roses.......
A sweet Valentine's heart......
A Home Interiors Victorian Lady figurine under glass......
A Valentine's heart that I embellished sits in front of the stereo...
A bit of Valentine's added to the cubby holes on the table......
The soffit above the entry into the Dining Room......
I have decorated the Living Room with a lot of Cherubs, normally, what ever that may be......
I hung a heart garland over the Cherub plaque that I bought at a yard sale years ago.....

Cherubs hang on each side of the entrance into the Dining Room......
In the corner by the Dining Room...
A heart hung from the mirror and red velvet roses added to the cherub shelf.....
The round table in the corner.....
Red velvet roses ......
An embellished heart box......
A cupid music box......
A red vintage vase with a gold rose......
A Valentine's bottle....
Heart boxes.....
A vintage tea cup......
A vintage styled Valentine's card......

My faux window made from a mirror......
Cherubs......
I strung a heart garland......
A grapevine heart wreath that I made.....
A Valentine's heart shaped slate hangs above the wreath.....
I made the wreath using deco mesh ........
A set of heart lights light up the wreath.....
Below the wreath hangs a vintage styled Valentine's plaque.....
In the corner by the 7 foot slim Tree that I decorated for Valentine's......
Same as on the other side of the faux window.....
I have already shared the Trees decorated in the Living Room.....
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

 The vintage tiered table by the TV Entertainment Center.....
My nieces gifted me this Red Cardinal Globe for Christmas and I discovered that it fits perfectly in this urn......
This is how it looks lit in the evening......
Joe bought this lamp for my in J.C. Penney's many years ago......
Another vintage styled card......
More red velvet roses......
Another Home Interiors figurine......
The picture in the frame is of my Maternal Grandmother and I think, one of her cousins......
The top of the TV Entertainment Center.....
Aqua mercury glass candle holders.......
 A sweet little girl figurine and a snow man.....
 A heart vase and a red mercury glass votive with a gold rose ornament tucked on top of it......
I already shared this Tree decorated for Valentine's Day in the post about the 3 Trees decorated in the Living Room.......
I bought this cute Valentines post card plaque in The Christmas Tree Shop several years ago.....
Another aqua mercury glass candle holder.....
 2 more children......
I always thought that the designs on their outfits looks like Kissing Lips......
And the smaller round table on the other side of the TV Entertainment Center......
Joe also bought this lamp for me at J.C. Penney's many years ago.....

 A Thomas Kinkade figurine under glass......
A Valentine's vase and a heart that I embellished.....
Another vintage styled Valentine's card.....

More Home Interiors figurines.....
I shared the entry into our Living Room in my last post......
 Click HERE if you missed it......

I hope you enjoyed seeing our Living Room decorated for Valentine's Day in red and gold as much as I enjoyed changing it over from Christmas......

I loved how our home looked decorated for Christmas but I also love changing how it looks for the different Seasons and Holidays.....

Can you believe it is February already??????
My Word of the Month for January was PRODUCTIVITY........

I feel that I was pretty productive in January........
You can read about it HERE!!!

I have chosen "CONTEMPLATE" as my Word for the Month of February.......
I will be doing a post about why I chose this word soon........

Even though Pa.'s own Punxsutawney Phil predicted an Early Spring......

On Sunday, we had snow.......
About 2 inches accumulated on the grass and cars and then we hit 50 degrees the following day!!!!

Crazy weather!!

We are supposed to get rain, ice and snow showers at the end of this week and here in NEPA, some of our biggest and best snow storms had occurred in March so I think Winter is far from over yet.....
 
In my next post, I will be sharing the Dining Room decorated for Valentine's Day and for the month of February which is American Heart month.....
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

8 comments:

  1. That beautiful vintage tee cup stole my heart.....I hope your week is going good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always beautiful. . I enjoyed the tour of your beautifully decorated living room. Beautiful and yet so cozy and inviting. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing as always!!! Every holiday your decor is spot on!!! I love that you threw in the Steelers and Pens too!!! Have a great day Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks so pretty, Debbie. You always do justice to the holidays that come around. You are much more ambitious than I am this month. Christmas must have worn me out. I am admiring all your beautiful dolls from Home Interiors. Are they from years ago when those parties would come to your home? I remember them but couldn't remember the name. I had a lot of them and bought some really pretty things which I don't even know where they all are at this point. Loved the memories..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that beautiful teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a tea drinker so you know I love the teacup! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your pictures are great, so much to look at. Your home is gorgeous 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valentine's Day decor fits in perfectly with your Victorian style! I love your tree and all the treasures on the round table in the corner. Thanks for sharing at TFT. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...