I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 20, 2020

The "Before" of the Upstairs Hallway

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I will be sharing the "Before" of the upstairs hallway.....

Not the "After"......

But first, I want to Thank these Hosts who chose my post, Valentine's Tree and Vignettes in the Dining Room, as one of their features!!

Thanks to Adoring Creations, for featuring this post from last week's Creative Muster Link Party!!
Thanks, Adoring Creations!!!

And I also want to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my post as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Link Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Barb!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!

In a previous post, I spoke about why I chose "CONTEMPLATION" as my Word of the Month for February...
Click HERE if you missed that post......

I mentioned that I was CONTEMPLATING and compiling a List of Projects that I want to do......

The Upstairs Hallway is one of those projects......

That is why I am sharing the "Before" and hopefully in a few moths, I will be able to share the "After"!!

This is what you see when you are walking up the stairs........
I had painted our Living Room peach years ago and carried the peach up the stairs......
BUT not in the upstairs hallway.........

About 25 years ago, I painted the hallway beige and put up a border that I bought at a yard sale.....
You can see the difference between the 2 walls in the above picture.......

I have meant to strip the border off the walls and paint the hallway peach like the downstairs.......

So it is on the List.........

Last week, I packed away all the Christmas decorations from the upstairs.......

The upstairs hallway is now back to "normal"......
To make it easier for me to decorate for Christmas, I decided to keep up some of the greenery that I used for Christmas........
 I have decorated the hallway in true Victorian fashion as that is the style that I love....
I just removed a few white poinsettias from this planter........
Left the greenery and bow up on top of the mirror......
The upstairs hallway is where I display my collection of LusterWare dishes......
"Lustreware (or Lusterware) is a pottery with a metallic glaze that gives the special effect of iridescence. The final glaze lustre is usually composed of different metallic ingredients."
 I bought most of my pieces at yard sales, estate sales and flea markets.......
 The majority of my dishes have "Made in Japan" on the bottom of them.....

 " Objects that were marked "Made in Japan" were made from 1921 to around 1941."

My collection started with this demitasse cup and saucer.....

When a lovely older woman, who was my neighbor, sold her townhouse to move to a senior citizen apartment, she gifted me this set so that I would always remember her......
She knew that I had always admired it.......
And that started my collection.......
I loved it because I loved the colors of the various pieces......
I left the lanterns out from Christmas......
I bought this corner shelf at a church flea market........
I also decided to leave out the gold berries and florals.......
The candles come on by timer in the evening.......
Don't you think this display will look so much better against walls painted peach instead of beige?????
I have an entire gallon of paint that I never opened that I bought for this project years ago!!!
I bought this antique mantle mirror at a church flea market........
Joe bought this picture for me......
This shelf was my dear neighbor Elly's.......
She had it in her powder room......
I love these pieces......
I bought this tile on Ebay.....
A tussie mussie that I made......
I removed the ornaments from this white branch "Tree"..
I bought the hamper, which has to stay here because there is no room in the small bathroom, at an estate sale down the street......
In the evening......
On the opposite wall before you walk into the Master Bedroom......
Over on the wall across from the Craft Room and Sitting Room......
I chose to display the pieces of Lusterware with blue as their main color here because of this Home Interiors picture......
 Love her blue dress......
This wall shelf is also from Home Interiors that I bought on Ebay......
I bought this shelf in Salavation Army for $8!!
I just gave it a new coat of gel stain to freshen it up...
I bought those angels, which are marked "Made in Italy", at an estate sale....
I bought this interesting tea pot at an Antique Marketplace......
I also will be painting the wood work and molding a gloss white which will be so much easier to clean than the flat egg shell it has been painted for about 25 years!!!
 And painting the railings too!!

After frequently visiting the Frederick Stegmaier Mansion here in Wilkes Barre, I wanted to do a Gallery treatment on the walls going up the stairs.......
  If you are interested in seeing this magnificent Victorian Mansion, click HERE to view a series of 3 posts that I did when Joe and I stayed there for a weekend, celebrating our wedding anniversary a few years back......
 I didn't use art work from all over the world but this is my version of a Gallery wall......
 I will also be caulking and painting the wood work on the stairs......
 And shampooing the rug on the stairs......
These are all Home Interiors pictures that I bought at yard sales over the years......
On the other wall.......
So that is the "Before" of the upstairs hallway.......

Hopefully, after Easter, I will start working on this hallway......

And then I will share the "After" .......

 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Over the Moon Linky Party
 Handmade Monday
Creative Mondays
You Are The Star Blog Hop
Metamorphosis Monday
Little Cottage Link Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
 All About Home Party
Tuesdays with a Twist
 Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

14 comments:

  1. I had some paint that I had stored in the closet for years, opened it and the smell was off, so I threw it out. Really disappointed in that.
    Peach is a pretty color. My sister had her kitchen in that color.
    I have some old border in a room that has to go. I like the color and it has some peach in it but over due for a change in the guest room big time. I just need to get moving. I wish I had you drive to get things done.
    I have always liked luster ware and you have some pretty pieces. Love the greens and peaches.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lusterware is really pretty, Debbie! I love tea related items...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What pretty and unusual dishes you have collected! Just wanted to stop and say hi as I hadn't been over to visit for awhile. Your paint story reminds me of this: The Rule of Paint

    “A can of paint always has more in it than you need, and it lives with you for the rest of your life."

    James Stevenson

    I have a quart of paint that has lasted me for a lot of projects!

    That mansion looks like a fun place to visit.

    Liberty from B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a big job ahead of you. That is a lot of stuff to carefully move/pack to be able to paint. At least here is no rush so you can do it a bit at a time. I love how much fun you have collecting and displaying all your things. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be very curious to see the after! I love knowing you have brought back things from travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed all your lovely treasures, Debbie, good luck with your new project, I am hoping to do a few this spring too! Looking forward to seeing the results, maybe I can get motivated. ~wink~
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous china,the pretty crochet doilies and the furniture too!Everything is amazing in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very pretty that set looks a bit like peach luster one of my favorites love how it shines
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know the first thing I thought of when I saw all of this is I could never do that in my home, all I have is picture frames in my hallway and my hubby has knocked one off the wall and broke the frame. But it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of interesting decor items you have Debbie - obviously you've been collecting them for many years! I loved the girl in the blue dress and some of the other pictures in your collection - lots of work ahead for you to take them all down, paint etc and then re-arrange it all again - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Debbie, it all looks so gorgeous. I love your gallery wall and the Lustreware. When I was a little girl my grandmother would let me go into a trunk that she had and play with a wonderful old Teddy Bear and a child's set of Lustreware dishes. I wanted those things to have for my very own but when my grandmother passed, I don't know what happened to it all. Such a shame but you sure have some beautiful things..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful collection. It looks beautiful out on display :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie,
    As always, I love looking at your home. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. I hope to see you there. @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, you have showcased your collections beautifully in your hallway. Those Italian angels are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...