I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Winter Snow and Ice Tree in the Den, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

 Today, I will be starting to share my inside Winter Decor in the Den.......
 
But first, I want to Thank, Katie, over at Let's Add Sprinkles, for choosing my post, Country Folk Gifts , Part 2,  as one of her features from last week's Keep in Touch Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Katie!!

I also want to Thank Barb, over at The French Ethereal, for featuring my post, Hudson Model Railroad Club Train Display, from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party!! 
 Thanks again, Barb!!!

Please stop by and link up to this great parties!!

In my last post, I shared how I changed over the front of our townhouse from Christmas to Winter.....
 Click HERE  if you missed it......

After I  did that post, I took these pictures of the front of our house in the evening.....
 I have been using my new camera and so far, so good!!!

Over on my Christmas Blog, I did my last post for this past Holiday Season and shared my Epiphany Tablescape and some After Christmas Buys.....
Click HERE if you missed that post...

Last year, I skipped decorating the Den with all my Winter decorations that I have for this room because of my knee....

So this year, I was really itching to decorate for Winter...

Today, I will be sharing my Winter Snow and Ice Tree in the Den.....
This Tree is a 4 1/2 table top Tree that I bought many years ago in Target for $10 on Clearance after Christmas......
This is how it was decorated for Christmas......
I stripped it down to the lights.....
Added some gold tipped greenery, a clear beaded branch and pheasant feathers to the top of the Tree.....
And  a bow that I made using white deco mesh ribbon......
I added a set of lights that look like icicles......
And a clear crystal like garland.....
I started to hang my ornaments on the Tree next......

A Lenox snow man.....
Pine cone like ornaments and owls and birds.......
Lots of different snowflakes......
And a snow man or two.......
Lots of clear acrylic snow flakes and icicles make the Tree look as if there is ice on it......
I am going to let the pictures do the talking.....

I used putz house like ornaments that I bought a few years back after Christmas in Sears as a village underneath the Tree.....
I love how this Tree looks in the evening.......
I do enjoy sitting in this room in the evenings when Joe is watching his hockey games in the Living Room....

In my next post, I will be sharing Winter Vignettes in the Den.....
  So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

This year, instead of choosing One Little Word for the Year.....
I decided to choose POSITIVITY for my Theme for the year and PRODUCTIVITY for My Word for the Month....

You can read about it HERE if you like.......

I have been very PRODUCTIVE so far in January as I have changed over Christmas to Winter and Valentine decor so far outside in the front of our house, in the entire Den, the Powder Room and I am almost done in the Kitchen......

I also gave those rooms that I changed over a good cleaning before re-decorating them....

I have stripped down the Living Tree to decorate it for Valentine's Day

I will soon be working in the Living Room, packing away Christmas and re-decorating the room for Valentine's Day.....

I have also cleaned out a few Kitchen cupboards and donated 2 boxes to Salvation Army....

I am now back to doing 15-20 minutes at least 4 times a week on my stationary bike......

I may choose another Word for February or I can keep Productivity for yet one more month....

That is why I like the idea of choosing a Word for each Month instead of a Word for the Year....

We are supposed to be getting possibly 3-5 inches of snow this weekend so it will definitely look like Winter outside as much as it does inside our house......

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
Encouraging Hearts and Home Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I am going back to read about your word. Missed that post. LOVING your Winter tree. Oh if we had enough winter here in Florida I would so want to do a Winter tree. Awe....I needed some inspiration to get back on my glider. I have never done an stationary bike before but did enjoy the glider till I got lazy before Christmas....So glad I could catch with you today Debbie. Happy 2020 to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering if you would go back to your normal self and continue decorating to your hearts content. I see now that you are retired, you are decorating more again. Treat for the eye for sure! Hope you continue to decorate as this is a happy page and I do come here when I am feeling a bit down. It lifts the spirit and we all need this in this fast paced ever changing unpredictable world we now live in. Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marti,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet words especially about my Blog being a happy page!! Last year was a hard year for me , dealing with immobility and then my knee surgery and then recovery but now I am feeling well and enjoying my retirement and all the time I have to finally do the things that I love to do and one of them is decorating to my heart's content as you so eloquently put it!! LOL!! I will continue to decorate because it does make me happy as I do get bored very quickly...And I am now physically able to do so!! I have a lot to share here as I have been very busy so I hope you will continue to stop by!!! Have a great weekend!! we are supposed to get about 5-6 inches of snow tomorrow!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Your winter tree is amazing. You always create adorable decors in your cozy home
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is so beautiful. I love that you have found a way with winter decor to keep the pretty twinkle lights a glow! Can't wait to see more.
    Beautiful. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like white in winter and your decorations are wonderful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful I can see why the award goes to you for such a lovely display thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Debbie. Love all your decorations :) Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a Winter Wonderland - love it! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks so pretty from the outside with those lights.
    I love your tree and that little owl on their is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, your winter tree is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinning!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...