I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Winter in the Den, China Cupboard and Doll House, 2020

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I can't believe that it is already January 21st !!!

This month is going by quickly and Boy, I have been really busy!!

I have been taking down and packing away Christmas and re-decorating for Winter and Valentine's.....

AND....I am still doing so downstairs.......

I don't even plan to do the upstairs until February.....

I have gotten all of Christmas packed away in the Living Room and gave the room a good cleaning and now I will start to decorate it for Valentine's.....

I still have the Dining Room to do and I hope to finish it by the weekend......

I leave up Valentine's decorations for the entire month of February as it is also American Heart Month....

Before, I go any further, I want to THANK Debra, over at Common Ground, for choosing my post, Not Choosing One Little Word for 2020, as one of her features from last week's All About Home Linky Party!!!
Thanks so much, Debra!!

I also want to THANK Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for choosing my post, Winter Front Porch and Yard, as one of her features from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Linky Party!!!
Thanks so much, Angie!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

In a previous post, I shared my Winter Snow and Ice Tree in the Den!!
   Please click HERE to see this post if you missed it.....

In my last post, I shared Winter Vignettes in the Den.......
Click HERE   if you missed that post....

Today, I will be sharing the China Cupboard in the Den decorated for Winter....
 And Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House.....
We will start with the china cupboard.....
You may remember what it looked like decorated for Christmas.....
 I removed everything that was blatantly Christmas and added Winter decor items.....
I re-did the top of the china cupboard......
Again, this is how it looked at Christmas.....
I replaced the burgundy feather tree with this battery operated lighted evergreen tree.......
I kept out the Ice House.....

Added a bird, a snow man and a Currier and Ives Tea pot.....
I bought this cute Penguin not long ago.....
I left out the cloche from Christmas.....
 And I filled a Currier and Ives pitcher with greenery.....
 The china cupboard......
I left the inside of the cupboard the same as Christmas.....
I added these white bells.......
On the little table to the side of the china cupboard.......

I replaced the feather Tree that was here for Christmas.....
With another battery operated lighted Tree.....
I also added a snow man and a sled.....
On the table is a sign " Wanted, One Magic Hat" along with a snow man hat ornament bought at Dollar Tree last year.....
I hung several crocheted snow flakes from the scarves on each shelf......

  I hung 2 large snow flakes and a wreath on the door.......
Sitting in the chair underneath the little table is one of my dear neighbor Elly's snow men from her snow man collection.....
She loved snow men and had quite a collection......
 On the stacked suitcases underneath the china cupboard....
Again, I pretty much left everything the same as Christmas......

I did add a few pine cones....
I replaced the Santa that was "driving" this red truck with another snow man from Elly's Collection.....
And added some pine cone ornaments on this Tree in addition to the mitten ornaments.....
And that is what the china cupboard looks like decorated for Winter....
Now we will take a quick look at Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, decorated for Winter......
I did leave the wreaths on the windows like I did on our townhouse after Christmas....
The left side yard....
The front of the house.....
I left out snow men and skates.....
And the side yard on the right.....
Nelson Crest will stay decorated like this until the beginning of March......
And I also want to share how the china cupboard looks lit up in the evening.....
I really enjoy sitting in the Den watching TV when Joe is watching his hockey games or gone to one.....

This room will stay decorated for Winter until the end of February......

I will then return it to "normal" everyday decorations but I will decorate the china cupboard for St. Patrick's Day......

In future posts, I will be sharing how I decorated the Kitchen for Winter with a touch of Valentine's.....
 And share how I made a few valances and a curtain from a tablecloth that I bought.....
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

I truly enjoyed decorating both the Den and the Kitchen for Winter and Valentine's as I was not able to do so last year.....

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!
Tuesday Turn About Link Party
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Debbie, you have so many wonderful winter themed pieces! It's amazing how you've put them together into lovely vignettes! Sounds like you had lots of fun creating them from your descriptions! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie. I love all your winter decorations. I have a Currier and Ives teapot like yours. I also love the tree in the red/pink transferware dish. It is beautiful. Take care, Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I think I have some of those same little people in your china cupboard--Michael's had them more than a couple of years ago; I'd buy them 1 or 2 at a time when they were 40-50% off! I always love seeing Nelson Crest. I am busy crafting for the 2/18 Lions Club dollhouse/train show in Augusta (next town over). I don't make much money but I have fun talking with friends I only see once or twice a year, encouraging kids in this hobby, and asking people what their current project is! I love all the decorating you do--I'd never be able to do it all. I did get all of Christmas put away except for my wreath and several red bows I figured I'd leave out til Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I was able to buy mine at Boscov's for 75-80% off and some I received as gifts...Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
      Hugs,
      Debboe

      Delete
  4. Your dollhouse reminds me of a pink house I saw in Martha's Vineyard. All the same colors! Aren't snowmen fun? A nice change of pace from Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to shrink myself so I can move into that beautiful Pink Victorian house. Love your snowmen. We are getting an inch of snow this morning and it looks so pretty outside. Have a great Thursday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the wreath with snowflakes with those pinecones. All the white and green make the pinecones stand out and they look soft and velvety.
    I have a small lit tree and snowman at front door. Still looking for snow.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing your Victorian doll house, decorated for the winter ...... It is a beautiful house!
    I also have a doll house that I started assembling about 20 years ago and whenever I can I add more furniture and accessories

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dollhouse, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many many wonderful details in your displays and home. I love the dollhouse. I have always wanted to build one but my daughter was never really a doll little girl. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...