I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A Summer Day in Victorian Times

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I want to share how the top of our TV entertainment center in the Living Room has been decorated for the past few months......

But first, I want to Thank  Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring my post, Cottage Garden Update, from August 8th's Home and Garden party!!
 Thanks so much , Kathy!!

With the passing of my nephew, our Anniversary and Joe's Birthday , I unfortunately, fell behind on a few things so I did not get a chance to Thank Kathy in a post before this.....

I also want to Thank Kathleen, over at Our Hopeful Home, for featuring my post, Fall Haul,  from last week's Vintage Charm Party!!
 Thanks so much for your kind words, Kathleen!!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!!!

It has been a busy 2 weeks.......

On Saturday, we celebrated our Anniversary and Joe's Birthday with the kids........
 I set a simple table....
 We had scallops, shrimp, chicken fingers for our son Joey, who does not care for seafood.......
 And Joe made his famous Lobster tails!!
 And we also celebrated my RETIREMENT!!!
Click HERE if you missed that post!!

YES!!!

I am officially RETIRED!!!!!!!
I explained my reasons why I chose to resign 6 months prior to my original date of retirement in my last post where I blew off some steam and was finally able to say what has been going on for the past several months at my place of employment....
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

But enough of that!!!!

Yes, I am now officially RETIRED!!!

And I am looking forward to whatever the future holds........

I will be doing a post or two about what I want to do now that I am retired......

But for today, I want to get back to my roots and do a Home Decor post.......

This is how the top of our TV Entertainment Center has looked for a few months now......
 You know that  I am a Victorian soul and I like to think of my little townhouse as my very own Victorian Bed and Breakfast.......
 I have shared this vignette, which I like to call, "A Stroll in the Park" before but I have changed it up a bit......

This is what it looked like last year......
 I used white lanterns which have now been moved to the upstairs hall way......
 This is what it looks like this year.......
I replaced the lanterns with aqua mercury glass candleholders that I placed on top of inverted gold pots to give them more height.........
And I added another Victorian figurine.....
The gold branch trees were bought at Christmas quite some time ago but I keep them out year round....
There is a gold glittered battery operated candle on top of the mercury glass candleholders.......
Both the tree and the candle are set with a timer to come on in the evening......

The figurines are all Home Interiors products from many years ago.......
The Home Interiors pictures in the background lend to the "Park" scene......
So do the Home Interior Street Lamp Posts........
The majority of the figurines are Mothers with children......
The Carousel was bought many years ago at Sam's Club......
It was on Clearance after Christmas......
You can see that I also added a set of battery operated lights to the display.......

Another mercury glass candleholder........
And gold branch Tree on this side......
The park benches were also offered by Home Interiors.....
It looks like a typical Summer day in Victorian times at the Park......
 Can you imagine wearing those long dresses and everything that the women wore underneath them???????
 I would have dropped dead from Heat Stroke!!!!!
And this is what it looks like in the evening......
I am itching to decorate for Fall, aren't you????

I know some Bloggers have started but I will wait until after Labor Day to do so like I always do.......

I am really looking forward to it this year since I have not been able to do Holiday or Seasonal decorating since February when my Medical Leave started.....

And Fall is my favorite Season of the year too!!!

Someone actually asked me if I would cut back on my decorating once I retired??????

SAY WHAT???????

I am not sure if I will do more decorating but for right now, I plan to decorate the way I always did especially since I have a new knee and do not have that awful knee pain.......

I will eventually need the other knee replaced but not quite yet as it is not nearly as bad as the other one was when I went to the Ortho Surgeons 6 years ago.....

But until I do start to decorate for Fall, I still have a few more Summer posts left to do.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. Well Happy anniversary, birthday to Joe and retirement to you! WOW! Lots of excitement for you Debbie. Oh that food looks amazing. My husband loves lobster! WOW, that looks good. I have a daughter that doesn't care for fish much so usually we fix chicken for her. Love all the pictures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a partial knee replacement May 29. My other knee will probably get it, but so far so good.

    Happy everything to you and your husband and son. Good way to just get it all out of the way. Your victorian collection is amazing. I especially love when it is all lit up. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice Victorian scene on your entertainment center. I don't decorate nearly as much as you do, but I am hoping to change that some. I want to wish you the best on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed your Victorian setting--many of my dollhouse people are dressed in Victorian outfits and I especially like that time period. Enjoyed seeing all the H.I. people as I was not exposed to those parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for visiting again! I used to LOVE HOme Interiors ad was devastated when the company folded. You can still find some of their things at Thrift stores and yard sales...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to your husband, and wishing you a healthy and happy retirement! I'm new to your blog, I really enjoy seeing how you decorate! Your Victorian collection is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am doing so here.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Amazing collection!!!Happy Belated Birthday to your hubbie!Those food look delicious!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Debbie. Hugs to you as well. My e mail is jmccusker09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful! A Victorian Summer Day is so beautiful. I love all the detail you put into your displays. And the figurines are gorgeous. I remember "Home Interiors." I really liked the things they had, and reasonably priced. Another beautiful creation you have made. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your retirement Debbie, and Happy Anniversary to you both!
    I used to love Home Interiors! I love all your figurines. Didn't they also own the Christmas Around the World company, too, both companies aklowed me as a young wife and mom to decorate on a budget.
    Take care!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your retirement and thanks for sharing your charming Victorian display at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a retired nurse as well. I love your Victorian decorations. We live in a Victorian house as it was built in 1898.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here... I am a Victorian soul and would have loved to have lived in a Victorian house so I try to make our townhouse which was built in the 1970's look as Victorian as possible!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  12. Your collection is quite amazing and they go perfect on your home. I love the way it is set up...and you can almost here the calliope music and the chatter of the families enjoying the season. Very fun vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 5

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...