I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, August 17, 2019

A Celebration and an Announcement!!


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today we had a family celebration at home......

We celebrated 3 different milestones......

The first was our 41st Anniversary which was actually on Monday, August 12th......
This photo was taken for a book at our church the year of our 30th Wedding Anniversary.....
And here we are at our church Festival last year.....
41 years married and 44 years since our first date in 1975......

The second was Joe's 65th Birthday which was today on Saturday, August 17th......

This picture was taken for the same book for our church that I previously mentioned......
Joe retired as a Letter Carrier for the United States Post Office 3 years ago......
He now works part time at Wegman's and he LOVES his job......
Not only did he quit drinking alcohol 31 years ago but he also quit smoking almost 3 years ago after smoking for almost 50 years......
 By doing this he set a great example for his sons ...
 Joe is a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins and we are Season Ticket Holders for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins......
Joe is known for his pizza and his whimpies and chili and he sure does make a mean lobster.....
Joe was singing"Happy Birthday to me" when he won $500 today on a Lottery Scratch Off Ticket!!
And he will always be a heavy metal rocker!!!
I set a simple table using one of the new Summer tablecloths that I recently bought......
White dishes with a gold trim, my gold flatware and my vintage gold Leaf glasses..........
Joe went to Valley Seafood in Wilkes Barre and bought shrimp and scallops.......
Chicken fingers for our son Joe who does not eat seafood......
Shrimp macaroni salad and cole slaw......
  Tartar sauce and cocktail sauce......
And 4 one pound Lobster tails......
The beginning of last week, I mailed out 3 letters to be delivered by certified mail.......
One was sent to Human Resources with my work ID badge enclosed......

  One was sent to my former unit manager..........She is my former manager because my position was only held for 2 months after my Medical Leave started........

And the third letter was sent to the CEO of the Health Care System that I worked for for almost 41 years.....

Since I have waited all these years to write this letter of resignation, I just had to frame it!!
So today we celebrated 3 milestones.....

Our 41st Wedding Anniversary

Joe's 65th Birthday

And my Early Retirement!!!
I am still on the books for one more day, Sunday , August 18th which is the last day of my approved medical leave.....

That means on Monday, August 19th, I will be a......
I will be posting more about my early Retirement and what I plan to do.....

 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

25 comments:

  1. Wow! what a wonderful celebration you had for these precious milestones. Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to Joe, and congratulations to your retirement, Debbie, My daughter is a nurse, my hats off to you as a job well done. Looking forward to you sharing of your plans.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read that framed letter!! Happy official retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Congratulations on your anniversary, Joe's birthday and your retirement. You will love being retired. Sounds like you have an amazing feast to celebrate. Wishing you all the best.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you Deb on your retirement! and Happy Anniversary to you and Joe and Happy Birthday to Joe! I turned 65 (I still can’t believe that number!) on the 14th. Your food looks amazing. Congratulations again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both, congrats on your retirement and happy birthday to Joe! It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful combined celebration. You decorated the table so pretty. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a collection of milestones! Congratulations and best wishes for each one of them. Enjoy that well-earned retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much great things to celebrate, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to both of you on all three milestones! I can understand only having one cake (LOL!), but I definitely think you should celebrate at least three times!!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful things to celebrate!! Happy Anniversary, happy birthday to your husband and happy retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day and congratulations on you Anniversary and Happy Birthday Deb!! And wow I dont know many winners of scratch off's that is awesome!!! Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your anniversary, Joe's birthday and your retirement.
    Cake looks lovely …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Joe, may there be many more rockin' good ones. And it's so special that you all could celebrate so many wonderful things happening at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many things to celebrate, Debbie! Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to your hubby, and welcome to retirement. You're going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all your milestones. I took early retirement in 2012 and never regretted it for a minute. Even though I no longer blog I keep busy with family and friends. Enjoy your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about my retirement!! I am so looking forward to whatever lies ahead!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. Happy Anniversary lovely couple, may you continue been blessed. Happy birthday to your hubby too.
    Congrats on your retirement Debbie, it is the best, you get to do all you want without an schedule !
    I love your new floral and happy table topper and yes, the white china goes perfectly!
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a bunch of accomplishments in such a short time! Congratulation, Happy Birthday Joe, and Happy Retirement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words on my retirement!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on a wonderful career!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Debbie! Tons of achievements to be proud of. How exciting as you get to start this next chapter. Many blessings to you and your hubby and family! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. COngratulations on both the celebrations and the retirement. I hope you love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!Wonderful pictures of your wedding!Happy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your retirement (and anniversary and Joe's Birthday, too)!

    Liberty @ B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary,joe's birthday, lotto winnings and early retirement. You have a lot to celebrate. My mom was a nurse too. Nurses are the backbone of the medical profession! Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...