I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2 Tea Cup Shelves in the Dining Room, My Very Own Victorian Bed and Breakfast

 Welcome!!

I posted this in 2018 but today, I am linking up to the If I Had a Tea cup Link Party!!!

Today, I will be continuing my Series, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast and I will be sharing my of my Tea Cup Collection........

But before I  continue, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post,  Fairy Garden on a "Mantle", as one of her picks from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Party!!! 

 Thanks so much, Bev!!!!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!

  Several years ago, I realized that due to numerous health issues, traveling would no longer be something that I would be able to do....
 
I love the Victorian Era and would love nothing more then to stay in Victorian Bed and Breakfast Homes.......

So I decided that our home would become my very own Victorian Bed and Breakfast and I would then feel as if I was on vacation every time I walked through the front door.......

I started a Series of posts titled, My Very Own Victorian Bed and Breakfast!!!!

This is my 2nd post in that Series......

In the previous post, I shared my buffet in the Dining Room.....
 As I have mentioned many times before, I am a Victorian Soul and the Dining Room is the one room in our townhouse that in my opinion, is the most Victorian looking room........

   I also shared a shelf above the buffet where I display some of my tea cups......

Today, I will be showing you the tea cups on this shelf and on another shelf in the Dining Room......
Honestly, all the tea cups have been bought at yard sales, estate sales and flea markets......
I love the colors......
 This is the marking on the saucer......
Edwardian Collection
I am sure this is a new tea cup and saucer......
This beauty is a vintage set and a pretty pink.......
It has a Luster Ware finish on it.......
The saucer has some signs of wear on it.....
I love the picture in the center.......
Isn't the cup stunning???
Isn't the inside of the tea cup pretty????
Up next is another pink tea cup and saucer.....
I like the gold around the plate......
See the pattern on the gold rim......
The tea cup also has gold around the rim.......
A very pretty floral pattern.....
This tea cup and saucer was a decorative piece used for floral arrangements........
Not for food use....
And the last tea cup and saucer on this shelf is another vintage one.......
This one too has a luster ware finish......
Again, I love the pictures on the saucer......
The markings are........
The sticker says   Giftware Co.  Nancy Pew  Japan

Lots of gold elements......
This is another shelf in the Dining Room, where I have 2 tea cups displayed....
Even though at first look, they look alike.....
They are different.....
The first one has a Moss Rose like pattern......
Both of these tea cups have a Luster ware finish......
Both saucers have a pretty cut out design.....
Gold accents.....
The marking on the saucer......
Royal Sealy China......Japan
A lovely rose inside the tea cup.......
This is the other tea cup and saucer........
You see it has a different floral pattern......
Same cut out design on the saucer.....
Same marking on the saucer....
Roses inside the tea cup.....
I decided after taking a closer look at these tea cups and saucers that I would switch things up a bit......

So I changed out 2 of the tea cups on this shelf with the 2 from the other shelf!!
 This is what it looked like before......
  I moved the 2 tea cups with the pictures on them to the other shelf.......
They are more easily seen here.....
I hope you enjoyed seeing a few more tea cups and saucers in my Collection........

In my next post in my Series, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast, I will be showing you "What's in My Curio?.......
And what's above it too!!
So I  hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Spring Tea Link Party

 Friends Sharing Tea Party

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my!Gorgeous teacups!Love all of them!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! just Wow!!! what a collection!!! your post left with a wide opened mouth..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb. Your collections always amaze me. You have so many beautiful pieces. I have stayed in Victorian bed and breakfasts before and not a one can hold a candle to your beautiful home..Have a wonderful weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful collection of teacups you have! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Next weekend, I'll be co-hosting a Spring Tea Party, I hope you'll link up there too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty teacups. I need to get them out from under the cabinet now and put some shelves up. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collection of tea cups is absolutely beautiful. You've got so many beautiful and adorable pieces
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection Debbie! The perfect touch for your Victorian home. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tea cups. I came by the other day but my computer was so slow and wouldn't open the pics.
    I thought of you yesterday I am reading a book. It mentions a victorian house that was a B&B that was suffering. They sold to a couple from England that opened a tea room. I thought of your amazing collection and your B&B posts. I've just begun to have a love for tea cups but there are never garage sales around here. Bummer! I'll just have to enjoy yours. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your teacups. I have some Lefton China Teacups and saucers that look very similar! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful collection Debbie. My Great Uncle left me a whole set of Royal Albert tea cups, complete with a tea pot, sugar bowl, milk jug and matching gold plated spoons and cake forks and I'm ashamed to say they're still packed away in their boxes. I'm petrified to use them in case I break one. They're so delicate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, don't be afraid to use them. I once dropped a bone china teacup on the ceramic tile kitchen floor, and it sort of bounced and didn't break! They are no good to anyone languishing in boxes. Enjoy them!

      Delete
  11. I loved how you turned your home into a Victorian vacation. Your teacups are so pretty. My favourite is the Edwardian.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your pretty cups and saucers Debbie. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I like that really high shelf. And my favorite cup and saucer is the Edwardian. I've never seen a pattern quite like that one, and I always like when a bit of the design extends into the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, your collection is quite lovely! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at The Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's Showcase so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-48/ Happy Holiday Weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your teacups are lovely. They are something my mother collected, but all of them went to my sister. She lives in a lovely formal home and the cups looks beautiful displayed on a sideboard which is a wonderful family treasure. They do not fit in my style so I do not begrudge my sister for taking on the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that royal wedding has inspired everyone to show of their tea cups this week. You have a gorgeous collection! I love roses on any piece of china. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...