I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Roses and Tea Cups, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast

Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing 2 tea cups in my Tea Cup Collection.....

But first, I want to Thank Beverly and Gloria, over at Across The Blvd.,  for choosing my post, A Few Seasonal Wreaths, as one of their features from The Welcome Spring Link Party!
Thanks so much, Beverly and Gloria!!

I collect a LOT of things and Tea Cups are one of those things that just pulls at my heart strings!!

And honestly, I do not know why because I grew up without Grandmothers in my life who would have had pretty tea cups and my mother did not own any tea cups because she considered them to be impractical..........

I started collecting tea cups a few years ago when I began going to yard sales, flea markets and estate sales.......

Today I want to share 2 of these beauties ........

A round table has replaced the Tree that I decorated for Christmas and Valentine's Day in the corner in the Dining Room ....
I have 2 Tea Cups displayed on this table.....
Also on the table are 2 picture frames displaying vintage photos and 2 of my Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies........
The first tea cup........
Has a pretty rose pattern....
I bought this at Salvation Army for $1.00!!
 Don't you just love the rose pattern on the saucer????

The other tea cup also has lovely rose painted on it....
I love the gold trim on both the tea cup and the saucer.....
I bought 6 of these lovely tea cups and saucers at a church Flea Market.....
 Aren't these pretty rose buds??????
I also want to point out the pretty floral pattern on the vintage lamp......
I bought this vintage lamp in Volunteer's of America Thrift Shop for $5.00 a few years ago....
  I hope you enjoyed taking a closer look at  these 2 stunning tea cups....
  And I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 Spring Tea Link Party

 Friends Sharing Tea Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

35 comments:

  1. Dear Debbie:
    I enjoyed seeing all your pretty Victorian items. I see Victorian is your passion and the teacups look pretty mixed in with those items! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the rose tea cups. And the detail on some of them - amazing.
    Hope you are getting some spring weather in NEPA. We are finally getting some in South Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously that is one gorgeous vignette! Love everything but that lamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty teacups. I think they are fun to use.. That is a beautiful lamp and such a take away at $5.00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasures you've found! The lamp is beautiful, and the teacups are just lovely. Roses are dear to me. When I was a small child in Kentucky, our neighbor gave me bouquets of her roses for my birthday in May, and we never missed a "Run for the Roses" 🏇telecast. A quilt cross-stitched with pink roses made by my Mother graces my bed. 🌹
    I too display old photos and your frames are very unique. Your posts are so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! And thanks so much for your kind words1! I have not been able to find any other way to reach you so I am responding here!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Debbie, thank you for sharing your lovely things with us! I'm so glad you don't share your mother's opinion of teacups as being "impractical!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    Love your tea cups. I love to use a beautiful tea cup when I have tea. It just seems to make it taste better. You always have just lovely displays.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love Your tea cups. They are perfect with all of Your victorian items
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, I love your tea cups sweet lady. A pretty tea cup always brings me a smile. I love a cup of hot tea at times. Most often it's when I am alone and feeling just a tad like I need to pamper myself. LOL! Love your treasures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teacups are gorgeous,love them!Beautiful vignettes and so many treasures!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!! what a collection you have.. it is amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new teacups, Debbie! Soooo pretty! Sometime you'll have to share their maker's marks with us. I always love to see what company made what teacup so I can go look for ones I fall in love with. :)

    Happy spring,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I love your lamp and all your Victorian things. What gorgeous tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bargain your $1 tea cup find. I have been out two afternoon tea in London twice this week, something you may have enjoyed too. A good cuppa, with the right China mugs is one of life's great pleasures. Your lamp is a perfect addiction, you have such a charming collection.
    Have a lovely weekend Debbie!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm also a Debbie and I dabble in lots of things too...love your blog name! The tea cups are lovely and would bee perfect at my upcoming Alice in Wonderland theme vintage iced tea party. I went around to Salvation Army and St Vincent de Paul stores to find tea cups and luncheon plates as favors. One set looks like your first cup, and I also scored the matching tea pot. So far I've only posted the invitation as to not spoil the surprises for my guests. I'm also working today on making tiered towers and other decorations by repurposing old China pieces. I think you'd fit right in at this My Favorite Things Party. You r welcome to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a teacup collection and adore it! Love these two as well. And sooooo cheap?! That's the best kind of collecting, when you can get them for a song. And the lamp is perfect with them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet - I do love teacups with roses. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!
    I love the old fashioned beauty of tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele,
      I could find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here....
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  19. Can't beat roses! Your teacups are lovely. A girl can never have too many teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your lovely teacups on facebook and just had to come take a closer look They're exquisite Debbie, such lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely tea cups! I collect them as well, however my collection has been on hold for a few years (can't justify buying more.) I'm a tea lover (Earl Grey) and a rose lover, so you know I love your tea cups! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww these are pretty Debbie. I have something similar which was my Grandma's. I love china cups and saucers. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays. Have a great week and we hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such pretty tea cups. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are so pretty. I used to have quite a tea cup collection. I've thinned it and this makes me miss the ones with pretty roses. Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely teacups! I have just a few from my grandmother's collection.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of them are so pretty Debbie! The only one I have with roses on it is my July birthday teacup. Thanks for sharing with the Tea and Roses and SYC link parties.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. I knew you would have something lovely to share for out party! The teacups are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debbie I absolutely LOVE your teacups. I too have a few cups with roses and they so appeal to my Victorian loving heart. Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Deb, Just wanted to let you know I featured your pretty teacup today! Thanks again for sharing at the Spring Tea Party! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction https://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2018/05/featured-highlights-from-spring-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Debbie! I enjoyed all of your posts that you linked up at the Spring Tea Party! I have featured one of them! Here is the link to the features post. Have a great week!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/spring-tea-party-features/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my dear lady ! I love this table vignette, specially the TK pink ladies and the teacup is simply gorgeous... and to think just $1 ! I just found this post cause we are featured together at Amber's Spring tea party.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...