I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Year Round Fairy Garden

 Welcome!!

I am thrilled to say that I FINALLY have taken down all my Christmas decorations throughout the house and have them packed away and up the attic!!

Except for those decorations that I kept out when decorating for Winter both inside and outside the house.......

Yes, when you have 21 Christmas Trees and decorate every room in the house, it DOES take that long......and I still work part time on top of it!!

Anyway.......

I really love the idea of Fairy Gardens and enjoyed creating 2 different Fairy Gardens in the Summer.......
 You may remember that I bought this galvanized tub on Amazon to create this Fairy Garden on wheels for our patio last year......
Some items came from JoAnn's about 3 years ago but most of Fairy Garden items came from Big Lot's.......

If you missed the post about this Fairy Garden, please click HERE

I also created another garden that I called my Gnome Garden......
 For this one, I used a beverage tub instead of a galvanized tub......
If you missed this post, click HERE

Now since I had sprayed all these items with a clear sealant to protect them from the elements when outside, they were easy to clean up  when it came time to pack them away in the Fall.....

But I had enjoyed my Fairy Gardens so much in the Summer, that I tried to think of a way that I could enjoy them in the off seasons.......

I noticed that Big Lot's carried a line of Christmas Fairy Garden products this past Holiday Season.....

 Even though these sets were nice, I did not want to buy more products that I could only use at Christmas , nor did I want to spend $20 a set......

Instead, I opted to buy a few Christmas Fairy Garden Elves and Fairies and was even fortunate to have picked up a few more on Clearance after Christmas......
I then added some "snow" and Christmas wreaths and trees to the pieces that I already had...........
I then set up my Christmas Fairy Village under the Tree in the Sitting Room......
 If you missed this post, please click HERE

Big Lot's has added a few new items to their Fairy Garden line for the upcoming Summer Season and has some nice photos of completed gardens on their web site......

Here are a few photos from Big Lot's web site if you would like some inspiration.....
 Let me just say before I go any further, I have NOT received any type of compensation from Big Lot's for featuring their products or web site.

I just think that they carry very affordable, durable and really cute Fairy Garden products......

As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I finally packed away all the Christmas decorations and once again, I still wanted to keep my Fairy Garden on display to enjoy until I could once again take it outside on the Patio for the Summer Season.

But here in NEPA, even though we are having above average temps. in the 50's with a few record breaking 60's, Winter is far from over......

Some of our best and biggest snow storms have happened in March and we have still had snow well into April......

So I decided to set up my Fairy Garden on the "mantle" of my faux fire place in the Sitting Room.......

I dropped one of the houses that I had bought at JoAnn's one too many times and this time, I was unable to glue it together so I spent some of the money I received from my son Jim for my Birthday (which was at the end of Jan.) and bought a new house and some lily pad stepping stones.....
I will say that the houses that Big Lot's carries are not hollow and are more durable than the one that I had bought in JoAnn's a few years ago......
The houses are only $10 each!!
And you can see that the stepping stones were only $4.00!!

And that brings me to the subject of this post..........
 
My Fairy Garden "Mantle"........
It is nothing too elaborate because by the end of May, I will be moving everything outside.......
Just a simple display........

Joe bought these lights at Bed, Bath and Beyond on Clearance after Christmas.......
I strung them about the top of the "mantle"........
  I thought the Star lights add a bit of whimsy.......

I will let the photos do most of the talking.........
I used 2 lighted house plates on each side of the mantle for a bit more light......
 I also added 2 LED lighted branch trees on each side of a pedestal in the middle.....
 You can see my new house and stepping stones.....
      The other lighted house plate.......
I hoped you enjoyed seeing how I managed to enjoy my Fairy Garden year round.......

Click HERE if you would like to view the Fairy Garden products offered by Big Lot's......

Again, I have received NO compensation from Big Lot's.........

In my next post, I will be sharing how this all looks in the evening all lit up.....
  So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Fabulous Spring/Easter Linky Party

 Celebrating Spring Party!!

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
The Homesteader Hop
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

  MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

22 comments:


  1. Love your little fairy and Gnome garden items. Love Big Lots for shopping for the fairy and gnome items there. Our local garden center has some cute things but I hate paying the price they charge though have found a few there I just could not walk away from.

    Sounds like your winter has been really mild also.Warm enough here in Michigan this week to plant things. I know better to though as my luck would have it that we will get a lot of cold and snow. We have had just 2 snowfalls this year. At least one was just before Christmas so we did have a white Christmas. Our summer Sandhill cranes have returned and I have heard Robins. Sunday when I went for a walk we had people canoeing out on the lake. I had worn a sweatshirt jacket and was almost too warm out for it.

    We are ready for camping and putting the pontoon out on the lake.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I break things. I pout and throw it away and The Cowboy digs it out of trash and glues! A match made in heaven! This was a fun and whimsical post. I came over to see what you are up to. Did you know I changed the party? Since we had one more week I did a new theme. Come over and check it out and bring those fairies!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/02/fabulous-warm-heart-week.html
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gnomes, and fairies, and those houses are really too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display looks so pretty, the lights added to it looks terrific as do the plates, they blend into the scene perfectly! We have gotten snow here in March but that was quite a few years ago, I think this global warming is changing things, although we are suppose to get into the 20's this weekend for our low. Have you seen the whole line of fairy goodies at Michaels, even my hubby thought it looked cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to live in your fairy garden or in one of those sweet villages and houses
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, your fairy gardens & village is delightful. I love how you added the lights. I've some fairy garden pieces that I've collected over the past few years and hope to put them out this spring. ~ visiting from Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy garden is adorable. You have the most amazing things to decorate with. The gnomes are so cute .
    Thanks for sharing at Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Hope you come back next week so I can stop by again.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I had to see your fairy gardens, they are wonderful and I love the lights and the tree branches they add so much. I started creating some houses made with rocks last year but somehow lost interest in placing them in the garden but you have inspired me to get going and set it up. Its a bit of magic thinking about fairies.

    Thank you for sharing on Friday Features this week. I hope you have a great week!
    Karren :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairy gardens are so pretty and so popular now! Thanks for sharing yours and all the great Fairy Garden ideas with us! #HomeMattersParty
    Jeannee~ShepherdsandChardonnay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, fun idea to enjoy your fairy garden indoors! I have seen the items at Big Lots and they really are cute! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never even thought about creating vignettes in tubs in the yard - what a creative way to reuse your treasures in various seasons. Thanks for sharing at Over the Moon. We look forward to seeing you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fairy garden stuff. So cute. Thanks for linking at Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie: Your fairy garden is wonderful, I especially love the little teapot house. I am currently building some DIY projects for a faerie garden but its an outdoor version and it will be at least two months before I can plant outside in Edmonton. Have a beautiful week. Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, just beautiful, Debbie! Made me smile this morning!! :)
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your year round fairy garden is so sweet Debbie! I guess we're on the same page this week ;) Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love fairy gardens!! All your displays are so detailed, I just love them. the lights make them even more special! Thank you sharing at TaDa Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    You never cease to amaze me with all of the cute items that you collect. Your fairy gardens are so precious.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn, that fairy garden is so cute our daughter would go crazy for!

    Hopping by from my kitchen tinkering Chicken Scaloppini with Lemon http://thequietmom.com/blog/recipe/chicken-scaloppini-lemon

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks beautiful Debbie, love all the fairies and the fairy lights give it a magical feel :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fairy gardens! We love our garden and I have been thinking about doing a fairy garden this year. Thanks for sharing this with us at Funtastic Friday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this idea! I am going to try this on my tiny garden on our balcony..

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...