I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Living Room Valentine Tree, 2017

Welcome!!
Today I want to share one of the Valentine's Day Trees in the Living Room......

I decided to keep up the Tree and platform in the Living Room....

This is how it was decorated for Christmas.......
And this is how it looks now.........
Decorated for Valentine's Day and American Heart Month.......
I stripped the Tree down to just the lights and started over from there......

I topped it off with a bow made out of red velvet ribbon with gold backing........
There are streamers of ribbon on the Tree......
 I decorated this Tree with lots of heart ornaments and cherub ornaments......
 I used 2 different types of beaded garlands........
An ivory one with roses embossed on it and a gold and crystal one.......
All different kinds of heart onraments.......
Gold and red glittered roses ornaments bought at Big Lot's last year......
I also added a red glittered heart string garland........
Some vintage style paper ornaments.......
Some heart ornaments that I made......
Gold cherub ornaments..........
 Vintage style Valentine tags laced in gold framed ornaments........
Wrapped around the Tree is a red heart wired garland.......
This Tree will stay decorated like this for the rest of February because February is American Heart Month......
I also decorated underneath the Tree on the Platform......
On the left of the Tree is a pedestal with a vase of red velvet roses and gold leaves.......
Underneath the pedestal is a Bearington Bear and a Bearington Squirrel.......
2 of the candy heart boxes that I embellished a few years ago.......
A Love sign........

I placed a runner made out of Valentine fabric in the front od f the platform and scattered red and gold ornaments about the platform.......
Over to the center......
Another Bearington Bear and more embellished heart boxes.......
A cherub sits in front of the bear with more bears on each side......
And another embellished heart box in front........
Over on the other side, sitting on a bench........
More Bearington Bears and a dapper looking snow man.......
On the side of the platform is another candy heart box that I filled with red velvet roses......
Vintage style Valentine cards are scattered about the platform......
I will be sharing how this Tree looks at night in a future post........

It is still very much Winter here in NEPA!!

They were originally calling for this on Wednesday, Feb. 8th into Feb. 9th........

Then it changed to this......
And we ended with this.....7 inches!!!
Here is what it looked like around 6:15am on Thursday morning.......
Look at the bird bath!!
And a bird house.......
I love the solar lights......
And Joe went out to play........
Looking down the side walk......
After he shoveled.......
And knocking the snow off the awning in the back yard......
 I don't think we will be seeing any signs of Spring around here soon!

In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of the Living Room, including 2 more Trees........
  So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Valentine's Link Party

Fabulous Be My Valentine Link Party

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Love your tree dressed for St. Valentines day. I am so envious of your snow. Why can't we get any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty....as for the snow, it seems a regular occurrance around here as well in western NY, wink. Hey, how far are you from Mansfield? I remember you told me once, but I can't remember. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Valentine tree in the living room is beyond gorgeous! Leaving the platform under the tree gave you a great place to display more of your Valentine treasures. Your snow is so pretty...to look at that is...lol! I'm a warm weather girl and enjoyed the high 70 temps yesterday....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red S. Valentine's tree. Every single decor is adorable. And the snow is fairy
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of snow, but it sure looks pretty. We've had very little snow only a couple ice storms this year . . I'd much rather have the snow. Your red Valentine's Tree is stunning! I love stopping by to see your decorated trees :) Take care of you and Joe!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your heart ornaments! And I'm thinking I ~need~ some cherubs on my tree:@) Happy Valentine's Day-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such a festive home, Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. I'm sure you're ready for some warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie, I love how pretty your Valentine's Day Tree came out! Thanks for sharing at Cooking & Crafting with J&J.
    Have a Happy Valentine's Day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't imagine the amount of ornaments you have, these are so pretty and love the vintage images and look of it, those teddy bears are way too cute, my favorite are the hearts filled with roses!! Wow that is something the amount of snow you got, we didn't get more than a few dustings this year which is really out of the norm, but we did get our share of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot of very different and interesting decorative items. I have to admit, I would love to see your storage system since that's always something I'm working on. Organizational tips for those of us who enjoy decorating?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    Brrr... snow... but brightened by your valentine tree in the living room. Thanks for sharing shots of your snow and valentine tree.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a lot of snow but your beautiful tree definitely makes up for it Debbie. Those ornaments are so adorable and you've got such a big collection. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I love all of the different hearts on your Valentine tree. The snow photos are so pretty--you have your own winter wonderland! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, I had a friend who used to keep her tree in her family room up all year long. She had once been a teacher and use to decorating for each holiday, she simply did it on her tree. It was always so delightful to see. Yours screams victorian, how exquisite! You got snow, I got 80 degrees! It should be snowing here :) thanks for partying at TADA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could look at your decor all day! The weather is crazy. I'm in Illinois and it's supposed to be close to 80 tomorrow! Thank you for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...