I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Early Summer Cottage Garden

Welcome!!!!

Today, I will finally be sharing my back yard Cottage Garden!!

With all the rain that we have had this Spring, it was hard to take decent photos of our back yard.......

We live in a townhouse and have a tiny back yard......

Many years ago, I decided to take out all the grass and make the back yard into one large flower bed,
 resembling a Cottage Garden by planting several perennials and adding Garden Statuaries and Art!!

The photos in this post were taken both on a sunny day and on a cloudy day because the Sun plays havoc with trying to take photos of our back yard.......

Let's start over here on the left side when you walk out the back door.......
A few years ago, we added resin lattice panels for privacy to our existing chain link fence.......
This is the area dividing our small patio from the back yard on the left side of the house......

I already showed you my Gnome Fairy Garden in a Beverage Tub.......
Click HERE if you missed it.......
We added the Arbor 3 years ago and this allowed us to attach the lattice to it.....
My perennials are starting to bloom.....
In the corner right off the Patio , is my little Memorial to our Fur Babies who have passed away......
Our sweet Savanna and our Cuddly Cassie.......
" Every time you think of me, I'm right inside your heart"
Several years ago, after realizing that my solar lights disappeared when the perennials grew, I decided to elevate them by simply pounding a rebar pipe in the ground, covering it with a piece of PVC pipe and dropping the solar light in so that the stake, minus the spike on the end of the solar light, fits over the rebar and rests on top of the PVC pipe......
The rain gauge that Joe bought at Wegman's a few years back......
The wrought iron set of chairs and table were bought at Big Lot's and this year, I put the table out in the yard, moving it out of the Patio......
On the table is a pot planted with a Gerber Daisy.....
And the pots on the chairs are planted with New Guinea Impatiens....
  I have Garden Angels scattered about the yard.....
Looking toward the back of the yard.......
I put in the brick walkway........
I planted the hanging bags on the fence with impatiens since they do well in the shade and the back of the yard gets little Sun......
I moved the black milk can that used to be on the Front Porch because I have a different milk can out on the porch now.......
I hung a sprinkler from a wooden post with a hook on it........
Impatiens are planted in the long planter in front of the steps that the sprinkler appears to be watering.....
A pot planted with begonias sits on the stool that I used of have my Gnome Fairy Garden Beverage Tub resting on until I bought a new stool for it this year.......
A New Guinea Impatien is planted in the pot on the ground......
Looking at the left side of the yard......
Looking over to the right side of the yard.....
Our shed is in the right corner......
 A "Welcome" sign hangs on the tree......
 A chair hols a pot planted with flowers whose name escapes me right now......
Impatiens are planted in the vintage sprinkler.....

Looking back at the shed......
Another pathway that I put in......
Gnomes in the Garden!!!
I bought the ceramic door at a flea market for $1.00!!!
A few toad stools and gnomes.....
On the side of the shed....
A Gerber Daisy is planted in this pot......
Sorry about the Sun in this photo.....
This trellis helps to support the lattice on this side of the fence......
Another gnome.......
"An Hour in the Garden Puts Life 's Problem into Perspective!!"

The Toad Stool house was bought at Big Lot's.....
My other Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub at the edge of the right side of the Patio.......
Click HERE if you missed that post.......
I will be showing how my Cottage Garden grows through out the Summer......

And soon, I will be sharing how our back Patio look for this Summer season......

But in my next post, I will be sharing Patriotic Tree #2 in the Living Room.....
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:
 June Garden Party

Summer Time Fun Link Party

Gardens Galore Link Party #8

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love a space enclosed by fencing like yours. We had one once that we planted a flowering vine at the bottom and it grew all over the fence and made a lovely show. You always provide plenty of inspiration for us less abundant gardeners. I feel like going out and planting something right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to have your fairy garden in a galvanized tub. I keep saying I am going to do a fairy garden with the grandgirls and haven't gotten around to it. I love how you have the things around you Debbie that make you happy. You make me happy by seeing all of your wonders of life that you come up with. Have a good day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, everything looks lovely. I love using lattice as a background in the garden. I think it adds that element of old fashioned and pretty. I have a bit in my Secret Garden but it is becoming over run with ivy so it is hardly noticeable anymore. I sure am glad that you added that cute little door, so that the fairies can come and go as they please. You always add a bright spot to my day..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many treasures tucked in your garden! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your garden Debbie. There are so many interesting things to see, I would just wander around there for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, there is so much to see, you are amazing that you tend all of this loveliness! Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie - I'm always intrigued by your gardens and all your fun garden art. Everything looks great! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is beautiful Debbie and very creative :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your gnome gardens! So many fun ideas. Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all. The lattice walls, the Fairy Gardens and your tributes to your fur babies. I notice your Hosta are beautiful. Mine are new, only a couple months old but something terrible is happened to them. I'm trying to educate myself to save them. I dream of beautiful Hosta like you have! I always enjoy visiting your outdoor living space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No mowing! You've got to love that. Your solar light idea is genius. Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO many adorable touches! I love that there's something new to see everywhere you look. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Time Fun Party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...