I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Spring Blooms in the Front Yard

Welcome!!!

Finally, I have some pretty Blooms to share with you!!

But first, I want to Thank the hosts of Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop for featuring my post, Romantic Victorian Buffet, from my Series, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast, to be among the Most Clicked On from last week's party!!!!!
Thanks so much for ALL the hosts of the lovely party!!!

This is what the slope in front of our row of townhouses looked like about a week and a half ago.....
 Every year I post what the phlox in front of our home looks like......
 Each year, the phlox spread out more.....
 I am glad that I took these photos when I did because for the past week, we have had a lot of rain!!!!
So these are the only photos I have for this year.....
At the same time I took the photos of the slope, I also took a few photos of the 3 azaleas in our front flower bed on top of the slope when they were just starting to bud........
Then the rain started.......

We first got 2 inches of rain on Saturday and a bit on Sunday before it cleared, giving us a beautiful sunny day on Monday.........
Then we got another 2 inches of rain on Tuesday.......
I forgot to empty the rain gauge in our back yard so now it is up to almost 4 inches.....
And it rained over night Tuesday into Wednesday morning.......

So now we got another inch of rain, giving us 5 inches of rain since the weekend.......
We got almost a month's worth of rain in a few days and this does not count the rain that we had before these 5 inches!!!!

Today was a beautiful day, sunny in the low 70's.....my type of weather.......

I am no lover of heat so if the temps. never got above 70, I would be one happy camper!!!

This is what our slope looks like now.......
You can see that the phlox are finished blooming.......
But now the azaleas are in full bloom.........
Some other ground cover that I planted up at the top of the slope has now grown and filled in most of the top area..........
The azaleas will stay in bloom for about 2 weeks.......
This is what the front flower bed on top of the slope looks like from the front porch......
 The azaleas look beautiful when in bloom, don't they????
This is the pink azalea......
It looks pretty next to my Chippy Angel.......
The Rhododendron is starting to bloom........
 There are still a few more buds to open up.....
Doesn't the white azalea look like a big cotton ball of fluff?
This one will stay in bloom longer than the other ones.....
Looking down the side walk.....
The red one always looks brilliant in full bloom.......
Tomorrow, I will be going to buy my annuals so I can finally plant all my pots with annuals......

And then I will be able to show you what the front porch looks like......

I do want to share what the sky looked like one evening when it stopped raining and the sun was trying to peak through the clouds......
I can't wait to start watching the sunsets from our front porch again!!!!

I also want to show you this work of art!!!!
This fabulous piece of furniture was made by my 16 year old great niece, Cortney, for her Mom for Mother's Day!!!!!

I wish I was able to take Shop when I was in high school!!

My Dad would be so proud of her because she definitely is a carpenter's great grand daughter!!!!

Not only is Cortney handy but she is also beautiful!!
And smart as she was chosen for Student of the Year, inducted into the National Spanish Honor Society and also into the National Honor Society!!

Her 13 year old sister, Caitlin, also made the highest honors for her grade.....
 And was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society!!

And both girls participated with others from their school in the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Awards and they won First Place Awards!!!!
Their younger sister also celebrated her 9th Birthday last week!!
 Carly is a Princess and also a bit of a daredevil!!!

We are so proud of their accomplishments especially this year which has been such a trying year for their whole family since their Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer.......

If you missed the post I did about his diagnosis and journey, A Lesson in Strength, Courage and Humility......
Please click HERE.....

My nephew is back on Chemo and so far, so good!!

He has been able to attend all the ceremonies honoring his daughters......

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.....

Soon I will be sharing more outdoor posts including my outdoor Fairy Gardens........
 With some new pieces.......

 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

  Spring Tea Link Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls and beautiful flowers! That phlox is really wonderful. I would be so sorry to see it go so soon if I were you, but it was wonderful why it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't spring so wonderful? You have some lovely blooms to enjoy to start the season. That phlox is amazing and the colors of the azalea bushes are so vibrant. The fairy gardens are so charming, too. Your grand-nieces are so darling and accomplished and must fill everyone with pride - especially their Dad right now. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your dear nephew. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those girls are beautiful and smart and talented! I am sure their great grandpa is looking down from heaven and maybe even guiding a bit. I will say a prayer for their dad. Those flowers are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the flowers do look lovely, Debbie. I love phlox and am always so sad when it's finished blooming. But your azaleas sure are taking over with some color! And your mailbox... what a treat! It would be so nice to collect mail from something so pretty as that. Congratulations to your nieces on all their many accomplishments, and prayers for your nephew to make it through the Chemo. My brother-in-law just finished his about two months ago (same diagnosis), and he just recently returned to work. We're so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girls and wonderful blooms and flowers
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. When people say hackers are not reliable I laugh at them aloud. I was introduced to a competent hacker. cyberhackez@gmail.com when I had marital issues with my husband, he help me hack into his facebook account. I couldn’t believe it when he did it in 4 hours. he is very good and trustworthy. He offer other facebook, whatsapp instagram hacks.I want to fully recommed cyberhackez@gmail.com for helping me. He saved my life literally, at least I owe him publicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous and so are the girls! Thanks for sharing your loveliness with us! Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your front yard is beautiful and I love your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls are so beautiful and talented dear friend.
    Your front yard is gorgeous... the flowers are dreamy !
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how many people stop driving just to look at your beautiful phlox!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, your spring garden is always amazing! Thanks for sharing with the Garden Party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness your blooms are beautiful Debbie! Those creeping phlox are just stunning! Thanks so much for linking up to TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, congrats to both Cortney and Caitlin. What lovely achievements and that bench that Cortney made is a stunner. She's very, very talented Debbie.

    I always enjoy seeing pics of your garden, that phlox is a show stopper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your purple rhododendron and the purple phlox! Shades of purple always say "spring" to me.
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blooms, especially the purple flowing down the slope. My garden is primarily for vegetables but I do have a few containers of pansies, marigolds and geraniums. I love the added colour. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That phlox is always gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    Your flowers are so beautiful. I love phlox but we don't have it down here. Your nieces are so lovely and smart. You must be so proud. Glad to hear that your nephew is do well.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to both Cortney and Caitlin. The phlox were spectacular. Love the azaleas. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, your flowers and garden is beautiful Debbie. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your flowers are just gorgeous. I love azaleas. Good news about your nephew.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...