I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Fall Front Porch, 2017

 Welcome!!

I am a bit late with my usual schedule of posting because I had to wait until it stopped raining to take photos of our front porch and because I have been decorating the Living Room for Fall.......

But before I share our Fall Front Porch, I have to thank these hosts for featuring my post, Halloween Potion Bottles, Part 1, from last week's parties........

Thanks so Teresa, over a Aging Like a Fine Wine, for featuring it from last week's Party in Your PJ's Linky Party!!!
 
Teresa chose me as her featured Blogger and not only featured the post about but for also featured these other posts of mine, Halloween Potion Bottles, Part 2 and Halloween Potion Books and Frames!!!

Thanks so much, Teresa for your kindness!! I am so flattered!!!

And Thanks to Laurie, over at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies, for featuring it from last week's Brag About It Linky Party!!
 
Thanks so much, Laurie!!

Please stop by and visit and link up to these great parties!!!!

I do have more hosts to Thank for featuring my posts but for the sake of not boring you, I will do that in m next post!!

Fall is my favorite time of year and it usually signals the start of the Holiday decorating for me.......
At the end of August, we had Fall like temps. in the 60's and 70's......

Now in the middle of September, we are having Summer like temps. in the 80's.......


 So we are enjoying sitting out on the front porch........
I have packed up all of the Summer decorations from the front porch and front yard.......
I shared in my last post how I transplanted some flowers from the front yard out in the back yard and now I have planted all of my Fall Mums......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

When you walk up the steps to the row of townhouses in which we live, this is what you see.......
 In the large black urn that sits between my neighbor's porch and mine, is a topiary that I made a few years ago...
I used a tomato cage and wrapped a fall garland around it.......
In the center, is an orange lantern with a candle on a timer inside of it.....
I did leave some of the begonias in pots because they are still doing pretty good......
This is the area between our porch and our neighbor's.......
In a wooden basket, sits a faux pumpkin.........
I left out a solar lantern with a sunflower on it and a set of 3 orange lanterns........
There is a candle on a timer inside the lantern and a set of battery operated fairy lights inside the terra cotta Jack O' Lantern that I bought many years ago at a church Flea Market......
I bought this leaf plaque many years ago......
The front door.......
Our front door is the only access into our house since our back yard is fenced in and has a large slope behind it leading up to the row of townhouses behind us.......
I made this wreath a few years ago.....
I may add a few more flowers to this wreath in the future.......
As I have mentioned in past posts, the "weeping" mortar allows me to hang things on the front of our house........
I hung a few Fall plaques......
This one I bought at a church flea market......
You may remember that I recently bought these items.......
I bought this Harvest sign at Gabes and added a raffia bow.......
And I bought this Jack O' Lantern at Wegman's.......
I have a set of battery operated fairy lights inside of it.......

A wooden wreath of leaves.......
I flipped the cushions on the chairs to the stripped side......
I bought this at Target several years ago......
One of my Fall Flags......
In the corner of the porch.......
I left those 2 dusty millers in the small pots.......
On the table in the corner........
I filled the lantern with faux gourdes......
A faux pumpkin sits under the table.......
A Fall garland is attached to the railing.........
Several years ago, I wove burlap colored deco mesh through the garland and made bows for each side of the railing.......
There are also a set of orange lights woven through out the garland......
In the center........
This is faux Indian corn that I bought at Michael's last year and the bow is made with deco mesh bought at Dollar Tree......
 A smaller terra cotta Jack O' Lantern sits on top of a stepping stone that I used to make a table out of a bird bath........
I planted the tri colored Mums that I bought in Wegman's in the 2 pots in front of the railing.....

 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated our porch for Fall this year.....
In a later post, I will show you how it looks lit up in the evening........
In my next post, I will be sharing how our front yard looks decorated for Fall......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

24 comments:

  1. Just getting around to doing a post and visiting a few blogs. Looks like you have outdone yourself again. Fall looks very festive and fun on your porch, Debbie. Hope you have a good weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie your porch looks fabulous again for Fall. Whatever season, you come up with just the perfect porch and all the great details Debbie.
    Happy Fall.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, Your porch is just beautiful. I like the chairs also. You have so many nice things. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall porch is just gorgeous....can't wait to see it all lit up! A small detail like flipping the cushions can give a new look! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Festive Debbie. I would spend all my free time hanging out on your porch. And you're a lucky girl being able to hang things on your brick - wish I had weeping mortar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Debbie, i'm back! Your porch is such beautiful forma fall. Your decors are fairy
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, Your fall porch is so inviting! Love all the lantern pumpkins and the pretty fall colors! Fall is my favorite time of year too! Hope you are having a great week! Don't work too hard and take care of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This fall porch would be such a nice place to hang out for awhile. I especially like the harvest sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you did the topiary with the garland, your wreath is lovely, great collection of pumpkins and plaques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you decorated your fall porch Debbie. The mums and pumpkins are so pretty. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie - it's so bright and cheery, and I love the "real" fall colors. We are having fall today and it's supposed to be back in the upper 80s by the end of the week. Crazy Minnesota weather, but I'll take this over what's to come. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall is my favorite also and I just love all the bright colors in the reds, oranges and yellows. I enjoyed my tour of your porch and look forward to your nighttime pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Fall decorations!! You are so ready for October and the start of Halloween. So cool! Saw your post through the brag about it link party:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! Your fall front porch is simply breathtaking!! I love the classic fall colors you used! Thanks so much for sharing at #merrymonday Hope you will link up with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your front porch Debbie, the ribbons are so billowy and fun!!!
    Thank you for sharing on #OMHGFF this week!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your fall porch decor looks fabulous, Debbie! I love all of the color! Thanks for partying with us at Snickerdoodle! We're featuring this at today's party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, Debbie, so festive and I love it! You must make your neighborhood alive.....Christinne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun fall porch! I bet you get a lot of people wanting to spend time on your porch instead of indoors. I know I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Debbie, this post is one of my Features for the new Merry Monday party starting tonight. Pinned and shared on my FB page too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your front porch looks so festive for fall! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, your porch is always so festive. I love it all decked out for fall! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, your Fall porch is absolutely beautiful! It always gives me a lift to drop by Debbie Dabble Blog, though I don't get to as often as I would like lately. Congratulations on all the features, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. No wonder you were featured all over blogland, this is beautiful! My favorite jack o lantern is the one from Wegmans. My closest one is over a half hour away and I always forget to go there:( I may just put a post it on my mirror:):) I have some of the same clay pumpkins that you have too. LOVE the garland! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...